Mordhau

Over-the-shoulder camera or customisable 3rd person

2 0
  • 15 Mar
 Billyro

3rd person is pretty sweet. It's a bit difficult to actually fight with it though.

Would it be possible to implement an optional over-the-shoulder camera? Or alternatively, a customisable XYZ position camera?

Looking forward to release. Cheers.

523 830

Yeah, can we make an optional overhead bird's eye view, too? So we can still see what our opponents are doing infront and behind but we don't have to caveman look down to do it?

Baron 126 226
  • 15 Mar
 EvilSuD

They set the 3rd person camera up a certain way to try and balance it. So the way it is right now is the way it will stay.

Knight 1017 2851
  • 15 Mar
 Frise

can we get a rear view mirror too, so I can see what happens behind me without needing to turn around?

Knight 188 359
  • 15 Mar
 wierHL

Over the shoulder sounds like it wouldn't be very useful.
Customizable XYZ is a big no-no. Current 3rd person is already getting exploited by some people.

56 141

right shoulder cam is specifically useful for aiming 1 hand weapons because those attacks lean to the right a bit on account of being right handed.

Count 681 2634

@Frise said:
can we get a rear view mirror too, so I can see what happens behind me without needing to turn around?

That reminded me of this meme I saw recently:

http://mordhau.com/forum/comment/184409/find/

I posted it in off topic so as to not clutter this thread.

2 0
  • 17 Mar
 Billyro

I'm not suggesting massive extended camera bounds so you can cheese the game - just something to make 3rd person more viable for anything other than spacial awareness.

Knight 1017 2851
  • 17 Mar
 Frise

@Billyro said:
make 3rd person more viable for anything other than spacial awareness.

It's already superior to first person in all situations.