Mordhau

Can we get rid of this?

Knight 513 1018

cancer.png
There needs to be certain restrictions on cosmetic armor pieces so that a lightly armored person will actually look the part.

Knight 3218 6543
  • 15 Mar
 Bodkin

If someone wants to look completely lightly armoured they very well can make themselves look that way.

Personally I find no issue with most of this because many footsoldiers mixed all sorts of kinds of armour historically due to price constraints, granted the shielded pauldrons are a very exaggerated case here.

Funnily enough, most of the time from what I can tell they would armour their arms and legs heavily before their body. This could be due to the targeting and vulnerability of these areas or simply cost.

99a0751b9bdf0ab791bf60af185721ef.jpg

9ab76226dc68c96bdd92a8c2359e9072--medieval-swords-fantasy-weapons.jpg

line-of-foot-soldier-infantry-with-pikestaffs-renactment-historic-arx42h.jpg

medieval_warfare.jpg

bba727d48a5c28f73b75d244d3d5e6c3.jpg

Knight 513 1018

These are decent examples. The jack chains you posted were popular because they were extremely affordable, and mitten gauntlets would be worth investing your money into if you wielded a polearm because there was no guard to protect your hands should a weapon slide down the shaft; however, it was more likely that you could afford a coat of plates to protect your torso before you could get a full, articulated steel harness for your arms and legs.

The only historical picture you posted, Jean Froissart's Battle of Crecy, you don't see anybody with full plate arms without adequate torso protection. You can also see that many of the archers that are wearing lots of armor wear nothing but tights or polyns for their knees.

My statement about the customization was extremely vague, and I guess making a more helpful statement would require drawing the line at specific armor pieces. But I guess it's not enough of a pressing issue for the devs or anyone to care about. I'm just sick of players fudging their loadouts like this to give a disproportionate amount of splendor to their lightly armored characters, it's just shitty for the overall theme and asthetic continuity.

Duke 2264 3985
  • 15 Mar
 Huggles

Only thing that can get annoying is full plate bois wearing long skirts to disguise the fact they have naked legs.

I sort of like mixing shoulder pieces and such on my lightly armored guys to make them more aesthetic. I think the upper body is very easy to tell in the game overall.

Knight 513 1018

@Huggles said:
Only thing that can get annoying is full plate bois wearing long skirts to disguise the fact they have naked legs.

I sort of like mixing shoulder pieces and such on my lightly armored guys to make them more aesthetic. I think the upper body is very easy to tell in the game overall.

Hoods over helmets is also annoying, especialy since this game likes to reward headshots more than in Chiv. But this is mainly an aesthetic complaint, Huggles. I'd only restrict the big pauldrons, spaulders are fair game.