Mordhau

4 Minute Montage of My Favorite Clips From the Alpha

159 382
  • 13 Mar
 Koda

I thought it would be nice to put together a short montage of some nice moments I had during the alpha to celebrate the fact that the game is about to come out. I had a lot of fun playing the alpha the last year or so. Sorry one of the clips doesn't have sound on it. https://youtu.be/9MSQoEl4qLk

159 382
  • 13 Mar
 Koda

It took a while as I've never done a montage before, and I'm excited about it so please don't be a dick just because it's not the best gameplay in the world.

30 67
  • 13 Mar
 KineticWolf

No this is fun to watch, as a non-kickstarter it's all I can get to sustain my sanity, I am Wilson cast into this strange hand drawn world, picking flowers to avoid the shadow monsters stealing me away.

By the way, is it just me or is ducking / general body movement much more effective as an extra defensive tool than it is in chiv?

159 382
  • 13 Mar
 Koda

It is a bit more effective I think, just because the attack animations are so much smoother, so it's easier to tell whether or not you can dodge it, also the hitboxes maybe are better in this, but keep in mind these clips are one in dozens of attempts, it's not a super viable tactic.

30 67
  • 13 Mar
 KineticWolf

Fair enough. It's not just from your clips, Trix's videos feature a bunch of ducking and body movement to avoid attacks, it just seems more effective, but I won't really know until I can get my hands on this god damn cursed game that just won't release fucking mot ... err anyways. Nice clips.

Btw did you remove the sound on a few because it was out of sync?

159 382
  • 14 Mar
 Koda

Thanks, one of the clips had no sound in it for some reason.

262 728
  • 14 Mar
 Naleaus

Why no clips of me matrixing your stabs and one shotting you like 4 fights in a row :(

523 830

I actually loved the montage, it was funny.

Kicking is an interesting 1vX tool, I'll give a try sometime though it looks rather risky.

Sellsword 4806 6080

Aw man, i just really hope a lot of SA people will buy the game on release so i can have this much fun.

Knight 1808 3150
  • 14 Mar
 Runagate

@Humble Staff said:
Aw man, i just really hope a lot of SA people will buy the game on release so i can have this much fun.

Why not just invent truly instantaneous communications, thrust mankind into a new era of connectivity (Maybe easier space travel, man on Mars 2020?) and 0-ping online gaming?

Sellsword 4806 6080

Because i can barely carve a club out of a log, i think i'm pretty far from that tecnology level lmao

Conscript 385 881
  • 14 Mar
 ohshitsorry

kool kicks

56 141

it was a good montage, very entertaining