Mordhau

Road to release

17 26
  • 8 Mar
 Euriloco

I was hoping for some update on the current status of the game. Are we on time for the release of this game, are you guys doing better than expected or not, have we got a date in mind or have you guys started thinking about a date yet? what are if any changes to shield to come out on release, or post release and any other info you guys can provide really. or anyone else in this forum like to ask.

Thanks in advance

• 8 Mar
 Izıl
This comment was deleted.
192 383

no date, however march-may is the estimated timeframe. this is all off the top of my head:

the alpha currently has 3 modes, team deathmatch, skirmish, deathmatch
3 modes are expected to be added, frontline, horde, battle royale

the game will have xp and gold systems. gold allowing you to purchase weapons, armour. i neednt explain xp.

there are currently 6 maps, camp, contraband, grad, mountain peak, tourney, the pit.
2 more maps are to be added, taiga and fayetoria, that includes expansions to the current alpha maps,
appropriating them for the frontline mode, which will be the main mode.

there are said to be tweaks to gameplay, animations, sounds, balancing, this is a constant thing. shields are likely to change, but i cant predict in what way. lighter loadouts are expected to gain buffs, or more access to perks. stab turncaps are to be increased.

additionally, more weapons and armour pieces to play with, maybe more skin colours and hairstyles too.

an original soundtrack is prepared for the game too

+an optional
tutorial mode which rewards gold

POST RELEASE PLANS, in no particular order:
duel modes with competitive ranks and matchmaking
female characters
more large scale maps
modding tools
eastern invasion dlc

Knight 5 14
  • 8 Mar
 joe.racey

Marox just commented on this Reddit thread 3 hours ago where he said they don’t expect to ship later than April, so that’s reassuring.

https://reddit.com/r/Mordhau/comments/ayqtoo/release_date_announcement_speculation/

Duke 5473 13073
  • 8 Mar
 Jax — Community Manager

We have some ideas for the release date but it all comes down to us getting some of the final touches in, we just can't peg a date until we're 100% certain that we'll release.

1052 1695

Will release be a sweet surprise or will you have the date set like a week before release?

Duke 39 93
  • 9 Mar
 Teabag

@Joe2894 said:
Marox just commented on this Reddit thread 3 hours ago where he said they don’t expect to ship later than April, so that’s reassuring.

https://reddit.com/r/Mordhau/comments/ayqtoo/release_date_announcement_speculation/

So April 30th @ 11:59pm them?

324 864
  • 9 Mar
 Xatrian

Is there even going to be another alpha patch? Will there be any testing at all?

Knight 2225 3994
  • 9 Mar
 Runagate

Well it would be nonsensical to release without testing the main modes before but what do I know at this point

367 340
  • 9 Mar
 Peacerer

Release after archery and shields are fixed.

Knight 2225 3994
  • 9 Mar
 Runagate

@Peacerer said:
Release after archery is op and shields are even easier to use.

Knight 1814 2218
  • 9 Mar
 Void

The devs say that we'll test one last patch before release.

324 864
  • 9 Mar
 Xatrian

one last patch

lmao

Knight 1814 2218
  • 9 Mar
 Void

@Xatrian said:

one last patch

lmao

Probably more than one patch. What I wanted to say is at least one.