you cant even see what the person in front of you is doing in 3rd person stupid

Knight 288 867
  • 7 Mar
 GIRUGIRU

3rd person is definitely more powerful than 1st

Mercenary 212 529
  • 7 Mar
 Izıl

I changed my mind about 3p, i was thinking 3p more ppl will play (bigger audience), but i honestly think they would still buy the game and tbh mordhau should be 1p only coz its not possible to balance rn. Your orihinal idea of "1p melee slasher" is great marketting coz it make players fight out of equal terms

When i started playing chivalry, i played 3p coz i didnt like 1p coz it was hard. After all those years after being forced to play 1p coz of comp it felt so much more rewarding in the long term, and way more fun when you got used to it. Making new people play in 1p would be new for them and exciting coz most multiplayer melee games are 3p.

Im sure 95% of people who are used to 3p wouldnt mind buying a melee game with 1p only, they would still try it. I think devs should decide carefully to have both 3p and 1p in the game as 3p is superior in EVERY game, how is it diffrent in mordy

Mercenary 1014 1852

Just here to agree pls delet

Knight 589 1042
  • 7 Mar
 Uncy

delete kebab

Baron 1542 4831
  • 7 Mar
 Lincs

1rd better than 3st

Knight 855 2314
  • 7 Mar
 Pred

@chaquator said:
you cant even see what the person in front of you is doing in 3rd person stupid

Implying there is any reason to face your opponent when playing in 3rd.

Duke 2264 3985
 Huggles

They're not getting rid of third cus:

• warband players potentially coming to mordhau
  • new people where the closest they've gotten to a melee game is witcher 3
  • fighting game players

Those demographics will all def want third person

The people who complain about third person are exclusively chivalry players.

First person players will prob mainly be:

• Chivalry players
  • FPS players

The cheese of 3rd person in mordhau isn't rly close to the cheese of 3rd person in chiv atm. I still think it's cheese but you really cannot pull a quarter of the shit you could in chiv third. I think it's relatively balanced and personally find it much harder to use third.

Knight 513 1018

@Huggles said:
They're not getting rid of third cus:

• warband players potentially coming to mordhau
  • new people where the closest they've gotten to a melee game is witcher 3
  • fighting game players

Those demographics will all def want third person

The people who complain about third person are exclusively chivalry players.

First person players will prob mainly be:

• Chivalry players
  • FPS players

The cheese of 3rd person in mordhau isn't rly close to the cheese of 3rd person in chiv atm. I still think it's cheese but you really cannot pull a quarter of the shit you could in chiv third. I think it's relatively balanced and personally find it much harder to use third.

Agreed, i could never get used to third person despite the supposed advantages. You're not going to beat anyone just because you had third person and they didnt. It's like the advantage between the max FOV in chiv's settings vs the amount you can set in the console, where you can see the insides of your guy's shoulders. It's pretty marginal.

Knight 295 682

@FaffyШaffy said:
Agreed, i could never get used to third person despite the supposed advantages. You're not going to beat anyone just because you had third person and they didnt. It's like the advantage between the max FOV in chiv's settings vs the amount you can set in the console, where you can see the insides of your guy's shoulders. It's pretty marginal.

Using 3rd in team-fights is not a supposed advantage though, it's where the main problem lies because it's a huge advantage. You don't like 3rd person? That's great but no offense you're not everyone.

Asking for official fpp only servers is no more unreasonable here than it is in PUBG. For every person who wants 3pp as an option there is at least 1 person who wants fpp exclusively.

305 831
  • 8 Mar
 SK.Edam

bunch of grumbling pussies your not playing arma 3 or warthunder its a sword fighting game 3d person doesn't ruin the game.

Knight 2029 3656
  • 8 Mar
 Runagate

@SK.Edam said:
bunch of grumbling pussies your not playing arma 3 or warthunder its a sword fighting game 3d person doesn't ruin the game.

mITKTFA.gif

Knight 692 2844
  • 8 Mar
 Mittsies

I always see people fall back onto the argument that it "isn't that big of an advantage", but the fact of the matter is... it is an advantage. No matter how little you personally feel this advantage makes in the grand scheme of things, it's still an advantage. You get more field of view, you can look around corners, etc. - in the right hands, these can be game-changers. It's bad for the both the overall integrity and competitive aspect of the game to have something like this in the game. There's a reason most games are either 1st or 3rd person, and not both.

Knight 1227 3615
  • 8 Mar
 Frise

There's one fucker in south america that plays in third. He's constantly spinning around and running away from you and still parrying. Looks like dogshit, feels like dogshit, is bullshit. Claiming that third person isn't an advantage is straight up willful ignorance. Even if it wasn't, it promotes a playstyle that is frustrating for other (since you attack someone that's facing wherever but they can still see you), and completely ruins realism/immersion/aesthetic during fights.

2 1

I don't get it. You are all talking about advantageous 3rd person, why are you not all using it? It is a tool everyone can use, how can it be an advantage ;-)

Knight 692 2844
 Mittsies

@LukeSkywish said:
I don't get it. You are all talking about advantageous 3rd person, why are you not all using it? It is a tool everyone can use, how can it be an advantage ;-)

Many reasons:

• It'll probably be banned in private servers, tournaments, and possibly certain matchmaking.
  • People who primarily use 1st person prefer how feels to use, regardless of advantages/disadvantages.
  • 3rd person will eventually be nerfed or toned down in some way, considering how many people are against it.
  • Even if it does provide an advantage, it still takes practice to fully utilize. Most would rather practice their fundamentals instead of crutching on 3p cheese.
Knight 295 682
  • 8 Mar
 AngelEyes

Right because this game needs to force players into even more cheese grater less than admireable “Tactics”. Cmon dude

Baron 1542 4831
  • 8 Mar
 Lincs

Disable it on official servers and allow it to be enabled on private servers

Give a button to observe your character in official servers, but as soon as you move, attack, take damage etc it snaps back to first

Knight 855 2314
  • 8 Mar
 Pred

@LukeSkywish said:

Imagine how the game would look like if it actually happened.

123 265

i have a unique perspective on the matter, although i agree with most statements that 3rd makes the game unbalanced, unfair, etc. Some like me are left with little option due to motion sickness, which i believe is a common enough illness. a quick google search on the matter pulls up an estimate of 20-45% of people in the world suffer from it in varying degrees, mostly affecting women. This is a game that involves a lot of running, shifting, turning, and focusing on near/far objects simultaneously (a usual trigger for the sickness). I have it quite bad that i have on occasion needed to force 3rd person hacks in to a few games just so i could play it in any capacity for longer than 10 minutes.

if the game were to remove third, i would simply find work arounds to get it back in to the game, or naturally stop playing after a while if that isnt possible. So my personal request is to keep 3rd person in, despite my understanding that its very unfair. But then in regards to meta, its never out of the question to utilise all tactics/resources available to win a match, im not sure why 3rd person is exempt from your options given how easily accessible it is to all players at any time.

quick edit: there are some tweaks which can make third person more fair, for example you can force depth of field on portions of the map which are obscured by the first person viewcone, but otherwise would be visible in third. Might be a solution to the "peek advantage" or whatever u call it. Also making things like footsteps and other environmental noises more identifyable might reduce some of the difficulty in dealing with certain first person vulnerabilities.