Mordhau

females/women "knights" in mordhau, the end.

17 83
  • 9 May '19
 yeahnil

Personally I'd hope that the devs stick to their initial pitch of the game being grounded in 'realism'.

I enjoy Mordhau because of its gritty realistic and visceral combat that provides suprising levels of complexity. I mean the game right now is so immersive that I catch myself physically lunging forward into my screen whilst stabbing in order to reach further. It's insane but always makes me smile in retrospect.

Having a female without armor block a maul strike with a dagger realy takes you out of the immersion.
(Which is also something that should be adressed. Stamina drain on light vs heavy weapons, but that's an entirely new topic)

Knight 1269 3811
  • 9 May '19
 Frise

@yeahnil said:
(Which is also something that should be adressed. Stamina drain on light vs heavy weapons, but that's an entirely new topic)

It already is a thing. Get a buddy to hit you with a maul and parry him with a dagger. See how many times you can do that before you run out of stamina. If you couldn't parry maul with dagger ever it would terrible game design. Gameplay > realism. (Plus you can defend with a dagger against a big maul IRL, but to make it 'realistic' they would have to make specific animations for it which would be a stupid waste of time and money)

1920 968

@Frise said:

@yeahnil said:
(Which is also something that should be adressed. Stamina drain on light vs heavy weapons, but that's an entirely new topic)

It already is a thing. Get a buddy to hit you with a maul and parry him with a dagger. See how many times you can do that before you run out of stamina. If you couldn't parry maul with dagger ever it would terrible game design. Gameplay > realism. (Plus you can defend with a dagger against a big maul IRL, but to make it 'realistic' they would have to make specific animations for it which would be a stupid waste of time and money)

Yeah actually if there were two people and one had a maul, and the other a dagger. I'd put my money on the guy with the dagger. Maul is a pretty unwieldy weapon.

1757 1417
  • 9 May '19
 Rergato

Females would be great for my roleplay server. It is getting weird typing erotic paragraphs to a virtual male

95 218

@yeahnil said:
Personally I'd hope that the devs stick to their initial pitch of the game being grounded in 'realism'.

I enjoy Mordhau because of its gritty realistic and visceral combat that provides suprising levels of complexity. I mean the game right now is so immersive that I catch myself physically lunging forward into my screen whilst stabbing in order to reach further. It's insane but always makes me smile in retrospect.

Having a female without armor block a maul strike with a dagger realy takes you out of the immersion.
(Which is also something that should be adressed. Stamina drain on light vs heavy weapons, but that's an entirely new topic)

please read before typing, you will be able to disable them.

Knight 7768 14326
  • 9 May '19
 ToLazy4Name

also the 3rd fucking dev blog from over two years ago showed female characters

1430 2175

@ToLazy4Name said:
also the 3rd fucking dev blog from over two years ago showed female characters

Scandalous

43 66
  • 10 May '19
 cain

Yeah, I love how realistic it is to go into battle as a screaming, high-pitched Monster Factory reject wielding three frying pans and a pair of shorts. Please don't ruin my realistic immersion by adding women into the game!

1 0
  • 10 May '19
 Sir Drinksalot

what a troll

37 49
  • 10 May '19
 Deckard112

Uhm sorry what? We’re getting women on the battlefield? In an authentic medieval fighting game?!

Why not just straight up hand us some lightsabers.

Omfg.

Instant downgrade. Fuck this stupid SJW bs. It’s a shame how politics fkd up gaming.

Knight 2306 4188
  • 10 May '19
 Runagate

low tier bait

Baron 1644 5230
  • 10 May '19
 Lincs

I concur, extremely weak and anemic. Do better next time

Knight 7768 14326
  • 10 May '19
 ToLazy4Name

@Lincs said:
I concur, extremely weak and anemic. Do better next time

hello lincs

King 2430 3418

@Deckard112 said:
Uhm sorry what? We’re getting women on the battlefield? In an authentic medieval fighting game?!

Why not just straight up hand us some lightsabers.

Omfg.

Instant downgrade. Fuck this stupid SJW bs. It’s a shame how politics fkd up gaming.

How about i make a marie antoinette character and you use the executioner's sword?

Baron 1644 5230
  • 11 May '19
 Lincs

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Lincs said:
I concur, extremely weak and anemic. Do better next time

hello lincs

hello <3

20 26
  • 12 May '19
 Psikraut

I am against female warriors or other fantasy elements in the game. It would ruin it for me if half the battlefield is flame swords wielding women riding unicorns. Breaks the immersion completly. Wouldnt mind a compromise were you can disable stupid stuff clientwise though. Then everyone could play the game they want.

Knight 2306 4188
  • 1
  • 12 May '19
 Runagate

As countless other posts (such as one just above) have stated, there will be a clientside toggle for female models. Where did you get they'd be adding unicorns and magical weapons from though?

20 26
  • 12 May '19
 Psikraut

When we are doing female warriors because we dont care about history why not add unicorns and flameswords. Its all the same. Fantasy.

20 26
  • 12 May '19
 Psikraut

@Runagate said:
As countless other posts (such as one just above) have stated, there will be a clientside toggle for female models.

Is this confirmed or just an idea from the forums?

Baron 1644 5230
  • 12 May '19
 Lincs

@Runagate said:
Where did you get they'd be adding unicorns and magical weapons from though?

Because girls don't real, duh stupid