Mordhau

females/women "knights" in mordhau, the end.

Conscript 227 307
  • 29 Jun '19
 KIWI

look man, girls wen? i wan play cutie

King 2430 3418

@Antoniokontos said:
im fine with women in game so i can change my name to "Bessie the 50s house wife" and beat people with a pan saying "Get a Job you bum" as i do it

While buying wonderbread?

Count 3976 8339
  • 2 Jul '19
 TheDankestMeme

Ancap gender when?

71 49
  • 2 Jul '19
  Seymour

People literally shitposting at this point because they hope for another PC Gamer article.

Mercenary 1263 2303

@JC said:
People literally shitposting at this point because they hope for another PC Gamer article.

I just read it, and by god.... It's exactly what I predicted it would be way back when I first argued against allowing 'ironic' racist/nazi memes on here. Normal people don't like blatant racism or sexism, even if you're hiding behind irony.

It's the first time though that I heard about the devs contemplating allowing client side safe spaces for racists (disabling black/middle eastern people, whichever dev slipped that one out... yikes) and that they actually believe the realism complaint for females in Mordhau is valid, when they have said in the past this game is not meant to be historically accurate and, even if it was, plenty of historical examples of female warriors have been provided in this and other threads. You guys need to find an official position to hold and be consistent about it. Now it just feels like you're trying to keep everyone happy, which is impossible.

While I admit it feels good to be proven right in the face of people doubting what I said at the time, this really is all about the game. I love the game, and I want more people to play it. I don't want it to have a reputation as 'the game that all the racists/sexists play'.

Conscript 227 307
  • 2 Jul '19
 KIWI

@JC said:

tbh im astounded there was no lazy.

also i big sad cuz i wish i was in there tbh

Knight 7768 14326
  • 2 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

@KIWI said:

@JC said:

Same :(

Conscript 227 307
  • 2 Jul '19
 KIWI

@ToLazy4Name said:

@KIWI said:

@JC said:

Same :(

<3

71 49
  • 3 Jul '19
  Seymour

What percentage of people are shitposting to prolong this argument? What percentage are trying to reply seriously to defend their opinions? Has my new game I got during the steam sale finished downloading yet?

Conscript 227 307
  • 3 Jul '19
 KIWI

@JC said:
What percentage of people are shitposting to prolong this argument? What percentage are trying to reply seriously to defend their opinions? Has my new game I got during the steam sale finished downloading yet?

Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z!

82 58
  • 3 Jul '19
 HoracioCrux

To be honest, I'm looking forward to this. I play the game for the customisation, and I feel the more the better. I also would like to make a Zelda to go with my in game Link cosplays.

957 312
  • 3 Jul '19
 Antoniokontos

@King Sinclair The FluffyDragon said:

@Antoniokontos said:
im fine with women in game so i can change my name to "Bessie the 50s house wife" and beat people with a pan saying "Get a Job you bum" as i do it

While buying wonderbread?

I had a raven who loved wonderbread so yes

Baron 1644 5230
  • 3 Jul '19
 Lincs

@TheKingInTheNorth said:

@JC said:

I just read it, and by god.... It's exactly what I predicted it would be way back when I first argued against allowing 'ironic' racist/nazi memes on here. Normal people don't like blatant racism or sexism, even if you're hiding behind irony.

It's the first time though that I heard about the devs contemplating allowing client side safe spaces for racists (disabling black/middle eastern people, whichever dev slipped that one out... yikes) and that they actually believe the realism complaint for females in Mordhau is valid, when they have said in the past this game is not meant to be historically accurate and, even if it was, plenty of historical examples of female warriors have been provided in this and other threads. You guys need to find an official position to hold and be consistent about it. Now it just feels like you're trying to keep everyone happy, which is impossible.

While I admit it feels good to be proven right in the face of people doubting what I said at the time, this really is all about the game. I love the game, and I want more people to play it. I don't want it to have a reputation as 'the game that all the racists/sexists play'.

For fuck's sake man, why are you buying up that crap wholesale? The devs were never considering a "white only" toggle, that was a sensationalist lie made up just for that article with the sole purpose of trying to stir the pot. There's absolutely no real controversy about toxicity either, go check the steam reviews are see how the vast majority are positive.