Mordhau

females/women "knights" in mordhau, the end.

Knight 2608 6914
  • 20 May
 Rattsknecht

573.87 oil gallons please

Knight 7759 14266
  • 20 May
 ToLazy4Name

@Rattsknecht said:

wtf you russian bastard you have enough oil already c'mon give me an epic forum boy discount

31 32
  • 20 May
 Saoirse

I don't get why people are complaining about the devs adding females AND getting all political about it. This game isn't a medieval simulator and we don't live in the 1200s.

It's not going to hurt anyone for us to have representation in game and it will add diversity to the character models.

Plus one of the devs said you would be able to hide female models client side so there is no reason to continue complaining.

Knight 2608 6914

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Rattsknecht said:

wtf you russian bastard you have enough oil already c'mon give me an epic forum boy discount

Ok let's settle on 573.56 gallons

Knight 7759 14266
  • 20 May
 ToLazy4Name

@Rattsknecht said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Rattsknecht said:

one day i'm gonna find you and i'm gonna kiss you right on your faggot mouth you rat bastard

Knight 2608 6914
40 31
  • 20 May
 six

Ya it’s just a thread where someone tried telling the devs not to add women at all because they most likely don’t like them, even though they already said they’re going to add them

Knight 7759 14266
  • 20 May
 ToLazy4Name

@six said:
Ya it’s just a thread where someone tried telling the devs not to add women at all because they most likely don’t like them

why do you keep saying this you fucking weirdo, are you incapable of understanding their arguments and simply saying "yeah but that doesn't apply here" like a normal person?

King 2430 3413

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Rattsknecht said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Rattsknecht said:

one day i'm gonna find you and i'm gonna kiss you right on your faggot mouth you rat bastard

Sorry gutsy, sloppy seconds

120 120

@Lincs said:

@FlyingTesticle said:
"Please, if you are a leftist, don't feel obliged to be politically correct. Don't be afraid to think. One great version of not thinking is how immediately if they (pc leftists) don't agree with you, you are labeled a fascist. But that's laziness. People find something they don't agree with and instead of thinking, they think about something we all agree was a bad thing - Whop! You are a fascist and so on"

• Slavoj Žižek

The irony here is that people on your side of the debate have fallen victim to the very thing this quote is cautioning the politically correct crowd for. He says that disagreement will immediately get you slapped with the fascist moniker without any thought required. Yet, in this thread people are immediately being labeled SJWs for saying that it's alright for women to be in the game. Someone accused fucking Lazy of being a "progressive" earlier and he's a right wing ancap libertarian lmfao

There is no irony here in my opinion as any "side" of a debate by default consists of lazy thinkers or rather non-thinkers who have set their identity based on ideology and feel that identity, i.e. their constructed false sense of self is threatened and thus feel attacked whenever in a debate with anything that opposes their ideology.

I hope by my "side" you referred me being of opinion that I think a careless input of choice of allowing female characters could be easily immersion breaking as obviously it is not a historical simulation, there is still a wide zone between Medieval setting with loose historic accuracy (could be called fiction) and then all out fantasy. Someone earlier compared Mordhau to Wolfenstein, which in my opion makes a gross error between differentiating the two, or rather not differentiating the two.

And if by my "side" you refer I was right wing, then you'd be completely wrong.

I am all for female characters if the implementation consists of carefully measuring what it means for immersion.
For that upon implementation I'd like there to be really good voice actors and possibility to turn females off in at least Frontline.
And once again, this is for immersion reasons alone because the game is set in Medieval battlefields, features a range of historically accurate weapons and armor even if from different periods etc. just for the reasons of variety which is a MUCH smaller stretch to make than having 50% of the battlefield consist of women, which takes the setting much further towards fantasy genre.

I think people of "your side" should not have such a hard time understanding the above if they actually think about it.
Sure there are trolls and those who interpret others unfairly on any side of any argument, always.
That does not automatically mean though, that everybody on that other side can be characterized by their lowest denominator, which is pretty much the point of Žižek.

Again, if Mordhau was made a fantasy game rather than historic fiction, I would like there to be non-human races etc. too.
And no, in my opinion Horde mode is not a big part of the game, the real game atm. for me is Frontline and dueling.

Immersion matters to me and I hope that these differences will be solved eventually intelligently for both parties.

I'm always a fan of realism and simulation and I can only hope more will be introduced later via modding.
Those who like more arcady / casual gameplay imo these days have plenty more options on the menu anyway and will most likely get whatever they want.

120 120

@Saoirse said:
I don't get why people are complaining about the devs adding females AND getting all political about it. This game isn't a medieval simulator and we don't live in the 1200s.

It's not going to hurt anyone for us to have representation in game and it will add diversity to the character models.

Plus one of the devs said you would be able to hide female models client side so there is no reason to continue complaining.

I would damn love to play the game, immersed into feeling like I indeed was in the 1200's.
That is the whole point of playing a Medieval game... To feel like you were in Medieval times and not the Modern era.

It does not hurt anyone per se, but it does hurt immersion. The feeling, the ambience.

"Diversity" is very much a political ideology based demand, so you complaining about the thread getting political is a bit odd.

I am not xenophobic by any stretch of imagination, since I got my share of that in my childhood so I do understand the struggle.
However all I care about is game immersion, game immersion, game immersion.

I think there should be some kinds of pitch limits for example to limit high pitch voices (esp. Foppish) to some skinny bards for example... But that degree of immersion integrity has been sacrificed for Monty Python kind of reasons I'd say, and would indeed love to play the game modded much more towards simulation

• You do understand that people demanding women into the game is the equivalent of people demanding for more simulation instead of just resisting the game sliding towards fantasy genre, right?

Can you also see that while doing so you also get personally attacked, all sorts are labels are put on you etc. and none of your actual arguments are addressed and just bypassed?

Some do not care about preserving realism or even lose Medieval setting at all and just want to be entertained their way and there is an endless way to push the game that direction. Some games have been utterly destroyed this just listening to never ending demands to change the game towards casual direction in every sense of the word possible.

I see zero problems going free to choose 50/50 male/female character creation in Horde/BR mode as it is already so far towards fantasy genres anyway as there are ogres and magical walls that kill you.

When it comes to Frontline however, it is much more serious when it comes to its setting and there I am OK with women added if they can be toggled off for those of us who want to play it like it was 1200's and not the current day political landscape in a Medieval setting. Thank you for understanding.

95 81

I for one welcome our female Mordhau overlords.
Mordhau Gamer Girls In Frontline

Aka its a game, and it does explicitly not cater to 100% realism precision and that's why it is still fun to play. Heck, realism would be stuff like half of the time you'd need to sit on a friggin' treestump to rest, because you just plain got tired walking in full plate.

In 1415, heavily armored French knights advanced across a muddy field toward a lightly armored English force in the Battle of Agincourt.
"By the time they advanced across the field, they would have been exhausted," Askew told LiveScience. "It's possibly one of the reasons why the French lost, despite there being many, many more French soldiers than there were English."

https://www.livescience.com/15128-armor-drained-medieval-knight-energy.html

Why would I care if there's a female model fighting or a male one. Make it floating armor with a sword for all I care.
As long as everyone gibs the same, I'm good.
Let them heads roll.

God I love that Mordhau Gamergirls GIF. He was a shield user, you know.

Knight 5183 6945

Why the fuck isn't this thread closed?

95 218

@Humble Staff said:
Why the fuck isn't this thread closed?

because god left

40 31
  • 21 May
 six

No gods here only girls

120 120

@SWSeriousMike said:

@NeighborVadim said:
Isn't there going to be a option to toggle women on and off?

I could need that for my wife.
badum-tss

Hehe, I don't have one for I prefer the off setting 80% of the time.
As can be seen in this thread, there is no space for well enough reasoned counter-arguments, heck, them not once addressed.

Baron 1607 5105
  • 23 May
 Lincs

@FlyingTesticle said:

@Lincs said:

@FlyingTesticle said:
"Please, if you are a leftist, don't feel obliged to be politically correct. Don't be afraid to think. One great version of not thinking is how immediately if they (pc leftists) don't agree with you, you are labeled a fascist. But that's laziness. People find something they don't agree with and instead of thinking, they think about something we all agree was a bad thing - Whop! You are a fascist and so on"

• Slavoj Žižek

The irony here is that people on your side of the debate have fallen victim to the very thing this quote is cautioning the politically correct crowd for. He says that disagreement will immediately get you slapped with the fascist moniker without any thought required. Yet, in this thread people are immediately being labeled SJWs for saying that it's alright for women to be in the game. Someone accused fucking Lazy of being a "progressive" earlier and he's a right wing ancap libertarian lmfao

There is no irony here in my opinion as any "side" of a debate by default consists of lazy thinkers or rather non-thinkers who have set their identity based on ideology and feel that identity, i.e. their constructed false sense of self is threatened and thus feel attacked whenever in a debate with anything that opposes their ideology.

I hope by my "side" you referred me being of opinion that I think a careless input of choice of allowing female characters could be easily immersion breaking as obviously it is not a historical simulation, there is still a wide zone between Medieval setting with loose historic accuracy (could be called fiction) and then all out fantasy. Someone earlier compared Mordhau to Wolfenstein, which in my opion makes a gross error between differentiating the two, or rather not differentiating the two.

I am all for female characters if the implementation consists of carefully measuring what it means for immersion.
For that upon implementation I'd like there to be really good voice actors and possibility to turn females off in at least Frontline.
And once again, this is for immersion reasons alone because the game is set in Medieval battlefields, features a range of historically accurate weapons and armor even if from different periods etc. just for the reasons of variety which is a MUCH smaller stretch to make than having 50% of the battlefield consist of women, which takes the setting much further towards fantasy genre.

I think people of "your side" should not have such a hard time understanding the above if they actually think about it.
Sure there are trolls and those who interpret others unfairly on any side of any argument, always.
That does not automatically mean though, that everybody on that other side can be characterized by their lowest denominator, which is pretty much the point of Žižek.

Again, if Mordhau was made a fantasy game rather than historic fiction, I would like there to be non-human races etc. too.
And no, in my opinion Horde mode is not a big part of the game, the real game atm. for me is Frontline and dueling.

Immersion matters to me and I hope that these differences will be solved eventually intelligently for both parties.

I'm always a fan of realism and simulation and I can only hope more will be introduced later via modding.
Those who like more arcady / casual gameplay imo these days have plenty more options on the menu anyway and will most likely get whatever they want.

bigolebrain.jpg

120 120

@Lincs said:

@FlyingTesticle said:

@Lincs said:

@FlyingTesticle said:

• Slavoj Žižek

bigolebrain.jpg

I love to sit on my brain all day long and chill with my pipe indeed!

I'm coming around a bit though, would definitely want to see female characters on duel servers and then when it comes to Frontline I would just want ability to toggle off if needed

210 197
14 11

It's unrealistic if 50% of the people are women, obviously one person should be allowed per match to play.

On the topic of realism, it has come to my attention, however, that it is also unrealistic for most of the soldiers to be knights. Ideally, there should be 3-4 knights per team, with each knight having at least 2 squires and 3 men-at-arms servicing them.

It would really add to the experience too, I think, if rather then everyone just charging at each other, each game began with archers and skirmishes exchanging volleys for a couple of hours, before we have a formation of spearmen slowly march up against the enemy lines.

It has also come to my attention that it is possible for someone to wear an 8th century Norse helmet a the same time as a 16th century breastplate. It is even possible to wield a rapier with a round shield. These are absurd combinations that should be prevented. Not only should you only be able to wear a loadout that is matching, but each match should require every single player to wear gear from roughly the same time period. Players should also be banned from attempting to wear dumb looking sets. Whenever I see someone wearing a Romanesque loadout, it really kills my immersion. This game is supposed to be set somewhere in Europe sometime between the fall of Rome and the 16th century (minus several ahistorical items from that time period, of course) seeing someone trying to have a cool armor set just ruins it.

I approve, of course, of not having any races besides white Western European in the game. After all, when in the 12th century would soldiers from France, Germany or Italy fight Arabs? Or even Turks? Next you'll tell me Poles fought Mongols or something stupid like that. I mean, whats the next step, letting players customize their faces that are usually hidden behind helms anyways? No, that would be dumb. Having said that, the devs must add katanas and ninja stars to the game ASAP, as those are cool.

Anyways, so to make the game more realistic, remove the maul, remove the executioners sword, remove the lute, remove the mallet, in fact remove engineering entirely as hitting a piece of wood to create doors is unrealistic, unless you have the balls to actually make the players spend 12 hours hammering in each nail and applying 2 coats of paint. Rework stamina entirely, remove drags, chambering, morphs and blocking warhammers with daggers. Make 80% of players use spears or bows for realism. Respawning is unrealistic and needs to be removed. If none of these steps are taken, the gay transwomen will win, vote Shillary into office, vote to enforce interracial marriage, and soon it will be illegal for men to even attack women in video games. Fucking leftist faggots ruining our games. Just remove all politics I personally disagree with from the community, so we can go back to spamming the n-word in chat.