• 8 Feb
 Naleaus

@Pred said:

@Cswic said:

@Pred said:

@Cswic said:

@Pred said:

@machinegod said:
I get that binds are better but as long as 240 exists some people will use it and therefore we should try to make it more consistent.

It's one input method for two different actions (attacks and torso movement), it's never going to be super reliable.

It can be if they want it to be. They can implement a 6 attack 240 system version where each 40 degree angle range is the same attack.

E.g. Right Overhead (like the angle that a bound right overhead uses) is angle 0 degree to 40 degree.

Having 6 set attack angles bound to 6 more generous angle ranges would help 240 feel more consistent than the current iteration, imo.

That was my idea as well, but we got a semi-official response semi-indicating this is not happening. So it is what it is I guess.

Happen to remember who the semi-official response was from? Wouldn't surprise me if that was the case honestly.

Jax, I think on two separate occasions. It was something along the lines of "we won't have six animations because there is already a system which has 240".

His idea isn't to remove the procedural animations entirely, just make it so that if you use 240 it does the exact angles you'd get from binds instead of in-between. So no new animations required.

Knight 890 2463
  • 8 Feb
 Pred

@Naleaus said:
His idea isn't to remove the procedural animations entirely, just make it so that if you use 240 it does the exact angles you'd get from binds instead of in-between. So no new animations required.

Yes, as far as I remember this one is off the table too. You are thinking about the Mittsie's topic where the main idea was 6 separate "new" animations, but getting rid of in-between angles has popped up on many occasions and the limited answers we got from devs seem to indicate none of these type of changes will happen.

Duke 5451 12801
  • 8 Feb
 Jax — Community Manager

@idiotgod said:

As someone who uses 240 only, do you think you would you benefit from being able to use "Alt" strike to reverse the 240 angle? Say, for instances when you MUST be turning right, but require a swing from the left?

coming next patch