Mordhau

ACTUAL high level play

Knight 281 858
  • 30 Jan
 GIRUGIRU

watch from about 22min for the actual games, these are all top tier players with years of experience. This isn't intended to show how good i am, i die alot and i lose alot of games. It's just supposed to be raw gameplay footage with no cherry picking or ego inflation

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/372430774

hopefully this footage will alleviate some of the confusion regarding the mechanics and how they should be used, and the "unreadability" of things

Duchess 650 2668
  • 30 Jan
 Stouty

I wouldn't call pug footage high level play

Count 316 1309

Now, I feel kind of bad for what I'm going to say next and I wasn't sure if I wanted to say it.
Giru, in the stream description you said that you went 150-0 and that you kept a "clean shit". This is almost true and I say "almost" because each time you died you were leaving the server and immediately rejoined to erase your deaths from the scoreboard. I found it gay then, but when I saw the selfie you uploaded I understood why you did it. The kill streak had to be perfect for the stream. I want to give the wrong impression here. This happened a few times, as far as I remember.
that is a huge flaw imho. Take what I said the wrong way. Keep being shit. I'm looking forward to shitting on you.

Conscript 4363 5770
  • 4
  • 30 Jan
 vanguard

Good video giru, indeed you and Stouty convinced me. What he said on his thread, that the big skill in this game is more on the defense than on ofencive manuevers made a lot of sense. And yeah compared to you fuckos I haven't had much playtime, since here in Br we are in what, 3, or maybe 5 people that doesnt even play every day. I have 350h but still, most of these were dueling basically the same people, and 300h of the total was using the 240 system only lmao.

Once the game releases, I know at least 1 comrade who will obsses with this game, plus my old chiv clan comrades will all get back too. Only then I'll have the right conditions to git gud properly tbh. Everyone I lknew that played chivalry is fucking crazy after this game.

Giru why ur video only avaliable in high resolution. Br internet is a fuck, I managed to watch up to 32 minutes on the video and than it kept giving network error or some shit. Why u do this man

161 180
  • 31 Jan
 idiotgod

@Captain Retard said:
this is intended to show how good i am, i die alot and i lose alot of games. It's just supposed to be raw cherry picking ego inflation

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/372430774

hopefully this footage will alleviate some of the confusion regarding Stouty

The clash of egos for the ages

34 6
  • 31 Jan
 AzorAhype

dont think you can call something that high level when 98% of people havent even laid a finger on the game yet. about a month after launch i bet there will be fresh players that already dumpster people that tested

3232 4203
  • 31 Jan
 Havoc

@RingMaster said:
Now, I feel kind of bad for what I'm going to say next and I wasn't sure if I wanted to say it.
Giru, in the stream description you said that you went 150-0 and that you kept a "clean shit". This is almost true and I say "almost" because each time you died you were leaving the server and immediately rejoined to erase your deaths from the scoreboard. I found it gay then, but when I saw the selfie you uploaded I understood why you did it. The kill streak had to be perfect for the stream. I want to give the wrong impression here. This happened a few times, as far as I remember.
that is a huge flaw imho. Take what I said the wrong way. Keep being shit. I'm looking forward to shitting on you.

GIRU.png

Knight 281 858
  • 31 Jan
 GIRUGIRU

@AzorAhype said:
dont think you can call something that high level when 98% of people havent even laid a finger on the game yet. about a month after launch i bet there will be fresh players that already dumpster people that tested

Agreed, and I'm waiting patiently for the new talent to come in

However, it will take a decent amount of time for the new talent to catch up with years of melee slasher exp. The reason why this is high level is because this is the sweatiest lobby the game can offer rn

Duke 5270 11754
  • 1
  • 31 Jan
 Jax — Community Manager

remember too with new players they will be like melee sponges and just soak up the sweaty mordhau meta if they've never played a melee game prior to mordy

really looking forward to ESL One Mordhau Katowice 2020 :D

Knight 1723 2115
  • 1 Feb
 Void

@RingMaster said:
Now, I feel kind of bad for what I'm going to say next and I wasn't sure if I wanted to say it.
Giru, in the stream description you said that you went 150-0 and that you kept a "clean shit". This is almost true and I say "almost" because each time you died you were leaving the server and immediately rejoined to erase your deaths from the scoreboard. I found it gay then, but when I saw the selfie you uploaded I understood why you did it. The kill streak had to be perfect for the stream. I want to give the wrong impression here. This happened a few times, as far as I remember.
that is a huge flaw imho. Take what I said the wrong way. Keep being shit. I'm looking forward to shitting on you.

gg

77 280
  • 7 Feb
 wizardish

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/376359568

If you can tolerate the really low quality, there's about an hour of me dueling some decent players. I played really shit during the first round -- you can see when I'm doing the riposte footwork I'm parrying early. Otherwise pretty decent duels. I think I get farmed 3rd map a little bit because I switch it up a bit and try to run into weapons, but of course this doesn't work. Not even sure why I tried to do that.

Next time I'll try to stream a pug or something, maybe up the bitrate slightly if my internet can handle it. The problem is that my ping fluxes a lot when I stream which is also why I'm just eating a lot of hits for free. This along with my potato graphics is generally why I avoid streaming.

Conscript 131 324
 Shovonem

@Wizardish

How do you get that graphics? I need it.
Also looking forward to see more streams from you. Good stuff. Although your stream would be better without the music tbh.

77 280
  • 7 Feb
 wizardish

All settings at minimum & .3 res scale.

Music is included because normally I play without game sound.

161 180
  • 7 Feb
 idiotgod

@wizardish said:
normally I play without game sound.

Why u do this

77 280
  • 7 Feb
 wizardish

@idiotgod said:

@wizardish said:
normally I play without game sound.

Why u do this

Personal preference mostly. Playing with sound is certainly helpful in a teamfight sense (being able to gauge direction and measure distance off of sound), but not necessary. You can be just as aware and sensible about these things with a little more effort in the neural department. If sound is your personal preference, it's a bit unlucky because playing off of sound is always going to be at a disadvantage due to how the sound design works in this game (grunts don't give you reliable information).

Mainly it's that I've gotten used to playing without sounds in any game I play (exception being a game like CS where sound is 100% necessary) and I find that playing without sound increases my focus. While you could argue there are some helpful sound queues (footsteps), there's also a lot of sound that I find to be distracting and detrimental for myself.

161 180
  • 7 Feb
 idiotgod

@wizardish said:

@idiotgod said:

@wizardish said:
normally I play without game sound.

Why u do this

Personal preference mostly. Playing with sound is certainly helpful in a teamfight sense (being able to gauge direction and measure distance off of sound), but not necessary. You can be just as aware and sensible about these things with a little more effort in the neural department. If sound is your personal preference, it's a bit unlucky because playing off of sound is always going to be at a disadvantage due to how the sound design works in this game (grunts don't give you reliable information).

Mainly it's that I've gotten used to playing without sounds in any game I play (exception being a game like CS where sound is 100% necessary) and I find that playing without sound increases my focus. While you could argue there are some helpful sound queues (footsteps), there's also a lot of sound that I find to be distracting and detrimental for myself.

I get that if you're going to be playing a game for 1000+ hours, the same sounds over and over can be grating. I guess I did turn mine off in chiv sometimes. But to never have sound? Like how many hours of Mordhau have you played 'with sound'?

77 280
  • 8 Feb
 wizardish

Any time I'm not streaming -- so basically 99% of my Mordhau hours which is 1k rn.

77 280
  • 2
  • 11 Feb
 wizardish

Here's another one (I included sound and didn't have music this time around):

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/378752014

First 44 minutes are duels, afterwards it's 2v2s. There's a lot of complaining, so I'd recommend you mute the stream if you don't want to hear us (especially me) bitching about things. Some of it is legitimate whining, some of it not.

Here's some highlights:

https://clips.twitch.tv/TalentedAlertLapwingTheTarFu
https://clips.twitch.tv/RelentlessAlluringBisonM4xHeh

144 351
  • 12 Feb
 Koda

Interesting that the best player plays without sound, might have to give that a shot.

Knight 545 1929
  • 1
  • 13 Feb
 Mittsies

@wizardish said:
Here's another one (I included sound and didn't have music this time around):

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/378752014

First 44 minutes are duels, afterwards it's 2v2s. There's a lot of complaining, so I'd recommend you mute the stream if you don't want to hear us (especially me) bitching about things. Some of it is legitimate whining, some of it not.

Here's some highlights:

https://clips.twitch.tv/TalentedAlertLapwingTheTarFu
https://clips.twitch.tv/RelentlessAlluringBisonM4xHeh

put a new battery in your smoke detector for fuck's sake