Mordhau

cathedral map concept for mordhau

99 233

good evening mordhau ganG

ive been playing mordhau for a while and i have noticed a lack of any kind of cathedral or church maps situated within the universe of mordhau, i would like to offer a concept map which ive created for reference. unfortunately, im not much of a smart boy when it comes to UE4, but i did recently gain access to the bubblebath game engine beta, AKA dreams ps4 creator beta (a unique cloud point rendering engine)- and with it, i have aimed to create a map inspired by the likes of mordhau, you will see that i have incorporated places for spawn points, chokeholds, ladders, space for horses to roam, and i have aimed to make the design interesting and have the level design loop around on itself in different ways to make for varied traversal.

the map is spilt in to 2 main sections. the first being inspired by the contraband ruins from mordhau. and the 2nd being the cathedral portion, the most important part. the cathedral itself features several entrances, and is complimented by satellite scaffolds and hedge dividers to break up the map both vertically and horizontally. and of course there is plenty of art to appreciate along the way, i hope this gives you guys some more ideas for your own maps, and possibly we can get a cathedral map soon. and if you like more concepts from me, that will be ok since i like to do this in my spare time anyway.

i am providing some screenshots, and a 5 minute video:
https://youtu.be/ccLTW82XQK4
scren1.pngscren2.pngscren3.pngscren4.pngscren5.pngscren6.png

Knight 30 60
  • 31 Jan
 last_apoc

This is a pretty cool concept for a map.. I do hope you put some time into learning the SDK when it's available.

99 233

@last_apoc said:
This is a pretty cool concept for a map.. I do hope you put some time into learning the SDK when it's available.

im looking forward to that, hopefully we can get it around june or july time

Knight 1904 3365
  • 31 Jan
 Runagate

The verticality in the chapel appeals to me. Hazardous falls and other such things are really fun to fight in.

Count 3838 8030

nice but a bit small
id like a map that is entirely set inside of a giant fucking anor-londo style palace/cathedral, with verticality like runagay said

Knight 1904 3365
  • 5 Feb
 Runagate

I agree with TheBlandestMeme on this.

99 233

@TheDankestMeme said:
nice but a bit small
id like a map that is entirely set inside of a giant fucking anor-londo style palace/cathedral, with verticality like runagay said

i would enjoy making something like that. in the meantime ill be trying to wrap my fat white head around UE4 and see if i can do anything useful with it

Conscript 434 990

@TheDankestMeme said:
nice but a bit small

like ur penis

Count 3838 8030

@ohshitsorry said:

@TheDankestMeme said:
nice but a bit small

like ur penis

LEFT WING DESTROYED

King 2280 3104
Conscript 434 990
  • 23 Feb
 ohshitsorry

@ohshitsorry said:

@TheDankestMeme said:
nice but a bit small

like ur penis

I expected more likes from this comment tbh

99 233

@ohshitsorry said:

@ohshitsorry said:

@TheDankestMeme said:
nice but a bit small

like ur penis

I expected more likes from this comment tbh

maybe they died from laughter and couldnt like it in time

Sellsword 4912 6381

Sorry it took me a while to like it, i was banging your mom.

Btw this is great, people like you is what we need when the mod tools are available. Dankest idea is great too.