Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Mordhau "coming soon" Steam store page is now live!

23 18

Just downloaded the game. How can I set FOV to 152?

Knight 260 706

Its currently not possible to set the FOV to 152. Currently, the max is 101.

Knight 766 3329
  • 5 Feb '19
 Mittsies

@MrGhostTheFlyingFlail said:
Its currently not possible to set the FOV to 152. Currently, the max is 101.

Note: Specifically 101 vertical fov, which is 130 horizontal fov, and already way higher than most games.

Conscript 76 108
  • 5 Feb '19
 KineticWolf

Releasing with Battle Royale? Holy crap, color me hyped! I think that's a very smart business move too, as this will be a very fresh take on the stale BR scene. Damn I can't wait.

Knight 1388 3163
  • 6 Feb '19
 Tim_Fragmagnet

@Mittsies said:

Note: Specifically 101 horizontal fov, which is 130 vertical fov, and already way higher than most games.

You smol bran, it's 101 vertical FOV which equates to 130 horizontal FOV.

Knight 766 3329
  • 6 Feb '19
 Mittsies

Thanks

Knight 54 55
  • 6 Feb '19
 Kobilic

Thank you for the all that information Marox!
I was more curious if there are any planned major changes to the bot behaviour by SDK launch as it has changed so much already from last patch, as a future modder I want to know if we can expect more drastic changes. Also will there be any plans to make it compatible with Speed tree Beta or substance plugins ? Aka will it be compatible with any content/plugins that require 4.19 on-wards? On that note I want to personally say I am very grateful for the work you have put into the group combat. It reminds me of the node system that fat shark developed for Vermintide, where there is a limit to how many attack you at once when you are surrounded. Brilliant work on whoever did that! I thank you from the bottom of my heart Most impressive has been how much more player like the bots seem to attack now. Following them on spectator I notice they are more fluid and smooth with the attack control and seem to also use more accelerations now than before! They are convincingly player like and I feel who ever set that up used input from players themselves... I could be wrong here, but it is by far the most entertaining experience than it has ever been so far. Much love from me for the work triternion have put it in as a team. Sorry for asking so many questions, but changes to behaviour trees make me have to re-do parts of my GDD that I'm working on to get some community members here interested in joining the future project I'm preparing to pitch.

120 164
  • 6 Feb '19
 Toastimus

@marox said:
Mordhau's store page is now listed on Steam!
We've been hard at work wrapping things up for release the past several months, fixing any outstanding bugs and adding the necessary polish and content where needed. This work will continue leading up to release in Q2 2019, which we estimate we will hit somewhere in April (early if all goes to plan). A glance over the Steam page should give you a hint of what to expect on release, but I will elaborate a little more here. We'll be releasing with 3 new modes that we expect to be the main attraction.

Frontline: a flag-capturing conquest-like mode played on large maps with horses, siege engines and chaos all-around. Goal is to capture the enemy's flags in linear order while defending your own, and culminates with an objective to complete in the enemy's base.

Battle Royale: start out with fists on one of our maps, haunted by a circle constantly creeping ever closer. Find loot & armor in chests (or on other players) to deck yourself out and manage your health with scavenged bandages instead of regeneration.

Horde: coop mode to play with friends against waves of AI, where you can purchase equipment & armor in your base obtained from clearing out the more and more difficult waves.

And of course, all the modes we have so far: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch & the round-based single-life Skirmish mode. We've been working on polishing plenty of stuff such as the AI, the UI, adding unlocks and achievements, tracking skill based on kills/deaths to be able to put players into appropriate servers, improving performance, etc. We also now have a fun tutorial for new players that they can play through to familiarize themselves with the game. Throughout all this time work continued on map work, which led to various reworks and expansions of current maps like Grad and Camp and the introduction of Taiga. We have some maps still in the pipeline and close to completion, but we won't hold the release back if those are not finished, meaning they might come shortly after release.

Finally, there's some things that didn't make it for various reasons and we decided are not worth holding back a release for. Among the Kickstarter stretch goals that won't make it on release are ranked competitive 1v1 matchmaking and the SDK. We will focus on these post-launch. Another feature that won't be there are female characters, as we simply didn't have time to do these justice, so we will be looking at the introduction of the gender option after release.

There's also some Kickstarter rewards we need to wrap up, and we will be sorting these out before release as we go.

We'll be keeping in touch!

Feels like it's the second coming of Jesus Christ.Imagine Bannerlord releasing this year ( lmao ),it's gonna feel like God himself has finally decided to visit.

I'm so excited to play this game finally,hopefully they will look into some armor suggestions and add the Eastern European armors like the kievan rus ones,the conical,gilded helmets that i have been requesting :D

Baron 135 244
  • 6 Feb '19
 EvilSuD

Feels like it's the second coming of Jesus Christ.Imagine Bannerlord releasing this year ( lmao ),it's gonna feel like God himself has finally decided to visit.

I'm so excited to play this game finally,hopefully they will look into some armor suggestions and add the Eastern European armors like the kievan rus ones,the conical,gilded helmets that i have been requesting :D

Eastern Invasion was a stretch goal for the kickstarter but it wasnt reached. So maybe they will add it in later after release.

120 164
  • 6 Feb '19
 Toastimus

@EvilSuD said:

Eastern Invasion was a stretch goal for the kickstarter but it wasnt reached. So maybe they will add it in later after release.

Jax said they will be adding those Kievan Rus,Russian style helmets.So i am really holding my fingers crossed to seeing that on release.

988 6974
  • 6 Feb '19
 marox — Project Lead

@Milosh_Obilic said:
Thank you for the all that information Marox!
I was more curious if there are any planned major changes to the bot behaviour by SDK launch as it has changed so much already from last patch, as a future modder I want to know if we can expect more drastic changes. Also will there be any plans to make it compatible with Speed tree Beta or substance plugins ? Aka will it be compatible with any content/plugins that require 4.19 on-wards? On that note I want to personally say I am very grateful for the work you have put into the group combat. It reminds me of the node system that fat shark developed for Vermintide, where there is a limit to how many attack you at once when you are surrounded. Brilliant work on whoever did that! I thank you from the bottom of my heart Most impressive has been how much more player like the bots seem to attack now. Following them on spectator I notice they are more fluid and smooth with the attack control and seem to also use more accelerations now than before! They are convincingly player like and I feel who ever set that up used input from players themselves... I could be wrong here, but it is by far the most entertaining experience than it has ever been so far. Much love from me for the work triternion have put it in as a team. Sorry for asking so many questions, but changes to behaviour trees make me have to re-do parts of my GDD that I'm working on to get some community members here interested in joining the future project I'm preparing to pitch.

Thanks! Generally the changes to bot behavior we have done were on a lower level than behavior tree, although the tree itself has had changes. Most of it is 'basic actions', etc. Regarding plugins, we have no plans to support them right now, but I've no idea what the implications of having these in a SDK would be. We're on 4.20.3

168 1700
  • 7 Feb '19
 elwebbaro — Art

@marox said:
We're on 4.19.

Maybe you are, but the rest of us is on 4.20.3.

Duke 5558 13284
  • 7 Feb '19
 Jax — Community Manager

@Toastimus said:

@EvilSuD said:

Jax said they will be adding those Kievan Rus,Russian style helmets.So i am really holding my fingers crossed to seeing that on release.

When did I say that? Not happening by release.

Mercenary 1263 2303

@wierHL said:
Already got 1 friend who's definitely gonna play, I'll see if I can gently spread the word some more.

There's also a horde of people stuck playing chivalry that desperately desire liberation from their suffering.

988 6974
  • 7 Feb '19
 marox — Project Lead

@elwebbaro said:

@marox said:
We're on 4.19.

Maybe you are, but the rest of us is on 4.20.3.

Well, shit

Baron 135 244
  • 7 Feb '19
 EvilSuD

Delayed

120 164
  • 7 Feb '19
 Toastimus

@Jax said:

@Toastimus said:

@EvilSuD said:

When did I say that? Not happening by release.

You didn't?
what ;_;

ok maybe i mistook something,sorry

85 96
  • 8 Feb '19
 Sir_Velkan

Neither me or my friend can't wait to get our hands on this.
Question: Cosmetics such as new sets of armors are gonna be expanded post launch?

Knight 1836 2232
  • 8 Feb '19
 Void

@Sir_Velkan said:
Neither me or my friend can't wait to get our hands on this.
Question: Cosmetics such as new sets of armors are gonna be expanded post launch?

Yes. The devs will keep making stuff.