Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Mordhau "coming soon" Steam store page is now live!

3 13
  • 31 Jan '19
 Pilgore

Might as well make an account here as well. Can't wait to try it out, it looks brilliant, Marox!

Knight 5410 7408
  • 31 Jan '19
 Humble Staff

Your vids are rad, man

3 13
  • 31 Jan '19
 Pilgore

@Humble Staff said:
Your vids are rad, man

Thanks, man. Was happy to make them.

8 4
  • 31 Jan '19
 EtErNaL_Tordoc

No duel mode? I think it would be easy to implement on existing maps.

Knight 2308 4188
  • 31 Jan '19
 Runagate

We already have duel servers, they are just normal ffa servers but people signal with a flourish emote to each other before fighting. So the same as Chiv I guess, though I never played it.

Knight 766 3329
  • 31 Jan '19
 Mittsies

A proper 1v1 ranked duel mode is a lot more work than it sounds if you actually want it to be really nice and not something that's just been haphazardly slopped together. We'll need smaller or segmented version of maps to avoid people running away and being obnoxious during a fight, because whenever recorded K:D or elo-rating is on the line people suddenly become extremely cancerous and will do anything it takes to win. In Chivalry's duel mode, when certain people would start to lose duels they'd switch to man-at-arms and just spend 10+ minutes running around in circles until their opponent just gave up and quit. And of course devs will need to do all of the UI elements and scripting to put everything together, and they have more important stuff to focus on currently.

The duel-yards are good enough for now.

1578 4310
  • 31 Jan '19
 TombstoneJack

FULL MASS76c.jpgsoon ill have my revenge on all those people with credit cards

Knight 941 2569
  • 31 Jan '19
 Pred

@EtErNaL_Tordoc said:
No duel mode? I think it would be easy to implement on existing maps.

Dammit, I was planning on spending 3 hours a day for the next 2 years farming people with shield + BS to help with my insecurities, low self esteem and inability to succeed at anything I've ever tried in life.

Knight 685 1855
  • 31 Jan '19
 ÐMontyleGueux

@Mittsies said:
A proper 1v1 ranked duel mode is a lot more work than it sounds if you actually want it to be really nice and not something that's just been haphazardly slopped together. We'll need smaller or segmented version of maps to avoid people running away and being obnoxious during a fight, because whenever recorded K:D or elo-rating is on the line people suddenly become extremely cancerous and will do anything it takes to win. In Chivalry's duel mode, when certain people would start to lose duels they'd switch to man-at-arms and just spend 10+ minutes running around in circles until their opponent just gave up and quit. And of course devs will need to do all of the UI elements and scripting to put everything together, and they have more important stuff to focus on currently.

The duel-yards are good enough for now.

I think he meant more like a duelyard mode where you can't damage each other unless you agree to a duel. Chivalry had mods like that, not sure why people kept playing old duel despite having to fend off noobs not knowing what old duel was.

Knight 337 778
  • 31 Jan '19
 AngelEyes

Even though timed parry design isn't my favored and I'm a terrible at the game, this has hands down been the most interesting learning experience and fun alpha I have probably ever been a part of. My only regret is not giving more money to the crowdfund.

Almost there.

Count 887 3301
  • 31 Jan '19
 EatAtRedLobster

As we all know these concerns are secondary to the actual biggest question on everyone's mind: Will there be a Lobster emblem?

Dev posts will receive no more likes from me until it's confirmed.

Check and mate.

In all seriousness though it looks like things are moving along at a nice pace. I believe not holding back release for the aforementioned features is a smart move so long as the devs maintain productivity after release and make steady progress in implementing them.

I am concerned about Frontline having an adequate test period though. If there is indeed a brief 1 to 2 week "Beta" as was mentioned I'm not sure that will provide sufficient testing time.

Knight 766 3329
  • 31 Jan '19
 Mittsies

There will probably be a lobster emblem eventually.

Knight 54 64
  • 31 Jan '19
 fmay2123

What kind of publicity will they use to promote the game?

5 17
  • 1 Feb '19
 Lord of Cats

Yes! I'm so excited to see Mordhau in Steam and to get all of this new information! I've been watching your game's news since I first heard of it back in 2017, you can bet I will purchase my copy ASAP when it's released!

Knight 54 55
  • 2 Feb '19
 Kobilic

Will there be any plan to get Bots sprinting enabled/integrated as a variant behaviour tree for each Bot character. Possibly a setting you can enable/disable when creating a LOCAL game? If not, will there be changes/additions to bot behaviour trees prior to SDK launch? Very happy with the current ones, however kiting them with back-peddle + repeated stab or long ranged slash is OP 1v1. Pretty well optimised for horde mode though. A sub-variant behaviour for offline games only, to accomodate players that want to practise 1v1 would be much appreciated by myself. Based on the fact sprint enabled combat for bots would be real useful in SDK modding applications, I feel this is a reasonable request/question.

Duke 507 1200

I heard there was a way, but I kinda want to make custom bots, anyway how that isnt too crazy?

988 6974
  • 2 Feb '19
 marox — Project Lead

@Milosh_Obilic said:
Will there be any plan to get Bots sprinting enabled/integrated as a variant behaviour tree for each Bot character. Possibly a setting you can enable/disable when creating a LOCAL game? If not, will there be changes/additions to bot behaviour trees prior to SDK launch? Very happy with the current ones, however kiting them with back-peddle + repeated stab or long ranged slash is OP 1v1. Pretty well optimised for horde mode though. A sub-variant behaviour for offline games only, to accomodate players that want to practise 1v1 would be much appreciated by myself. Based on the fact sprint enabled combat for bots would be real useful in SDK modding applications, I feel this is a reasonable request/question.

Bots have had significant changes, especially basic movement. Among the changes are also things like being able to open doors, clear destroyables, climb (sometimes), use ranged weapons where appropriate including throwables, use emotes and voice commands, look for weapons when disarmed (or simply without a weapon), duck attacks and footwork, they also avoid having too many bots on single enemies (usually at most 2) and will position themselves opposite to other allies to maximize their ganking potential.

Their parrying behavior has been reduced a bit to make them more enjoyable to fight instead of being these impenetrable walls, although Seymour remains unaffected.

324 865
  • 2 Feb '19
 Xatrian

although Seymour remains unaffected

lmao

10 12
  • 2 Feb '19
 SkillzRicoGTV

Jizzed in my pants

Conscript 4564 6302
  • 3 Feb '19
 vanguard

@marox said:

@Milosh_Obilic said:

Bots have had significant changes, especially basic movement. Among the changes are also things like being able to open doors, clear destroyables, climb (sometimes), use ranged weapons where appropriate including throwables, use emotes and voice commands, look for weapons when disarmed (or simply without a weapon), duck attacks and footwork, they also avoid having too many bots on single enemies (usually at most 2) and will position themselves opposite to other allies to maximize their ganking potential.

Their parrying behavior has been reduced a bit to make them more enjoyable to fight instead of being these impenetrable walls, although Seymour remains unaffected.

The bots alone already have so much potential. Imagine what people will do once modding tools are available! This might even open up opportunities for people try and make single player mods!

Absolutely epic tbh, every aspect of this project is fucking impressive imho, from the art team both visual and sound design wise, to the whole coding wizardry that goes on behind the scenes in things like these bots. 10/10.