Mordhau

Priority

Knight 685 1853
  • 6 Feb '19
 ÐMontyleGueux

@Pred said:

@Runagate said:
you dense goblin, give me the exact numbers at which you want archery damage to be or you are full of shit.

Unfortunately Peacerer keeps finding new audiences who take him seriously for a moment at first. Please don't waste your time.

To answer your question, he was constantly complaining about archers being nerfed to shit in Chivalry "because Torn Banner gave in to cries of elitists". Mind you, we are talking about Chivalry where two archer weapons could 1-shot everything and five other archer weapons could 1-shot everything that wasn't a knight.

So what kind of damage does he want? 1-shot kill on everything wasn't enough, so I guess one arrow should be able to kill multiple enemies? Don't know.

I've always said that archers were overnerfed in chivalry. Not because they deal shit damage, but because Torn Banner decided that a good way to balance archery would be to reduce their health drastically. So now get to play a class that get oneshotted by everything and is forced to sit way back and snipe. It would have been much more intelligent to encourage archers to stay closer, take risk and generally be a class that requires both aiming and melee skills. I get where his frustration comes from.

367 341
  • 6 Feb '19
 Peacerer

Yeah, AOE dmg would be nice. Each enemy gets 15 dmg which they will ignore without noticing anything hit them at all. Oh wait, even single target hit often do 15 dmg. 0_o

You destroyed shields, now destroying arrows. I predicted that more than a year ago. Unfortunately it came out true. Current archery is a joke! And you know that.

1315 2881
  • 7 Feb '19
 Monsteri

@Peacerer said:
Yeah, AOE dmg would be nice. Each enemy gets 15 dmg which they will ignore without noticing anything hit them at all. Oh wait, even single target hit often do 15 dmg. 0_o

You destroyed shields, now destroying arrows. I predicted that more than a year ago. Unfortunately it came out true. Current archery is a joke! And you know that.

Archery is strong, but you need to have good aim to be efficient. 2shot on T3 helmet is no joke.

1430 2175

Peacerer posts remind me of Donald Trump tweets.

Knight 2306 4188
  • 7 Feb '19
 Runagate

@Peacerer said:

Full of shit confirmed. Can't even answer one simple question.

Emperor 400 927
  • 7 Feb '19
 Soulcatcher

@Runagate said:

@Peacerer said:

Full of shit confirmed. Can't even answer one simple question.

367 341
  • 7 Feb '19
 Peacerer

@Monsteri said:

@Peacerer said:

Archery is strong, but you need to have good aim to be efficient. 2shot on T3 helmet is no joke.

Ofc, double HS is a trivial thing to achieve. Show me how often you lay headshots on all time moving knights.

Current archery is a fkn joke. Everyone knows that, even anti projective haters. It's just you don't like it. You didn't like it in Chiv, you don't like it in Mord. It's simple as that. It's happening the same shit as it did with shields. Either you wanted them to be removed or nerfed to the ground, which leads to same results - almost noone useing them!

The way developers creating is they implement useless filler into the game. Fake features!

Knight 1269 3811
  • 7 Feb '19
 Frise

This is one of the best baits I've ever seen

Knight 3313 6811
  • 7 Feb '19
 Bodkin

I'd say recurve is a fkn joke in most instances but Longbow and Crossbow are def viable.

Recurve might be good too, I just never really use it and saw its pitiful dmg numbers. The damage of that weapon vs heavy really is a fkn joke lol.

239 289
  • 7 Feb '19
 idiotgod

@Bodkin said:
I'd say recurve is a fkn joke in most instances but Longbow and Crossbow are def viable.

Recurve might be good too, I just never really use it and saw its pitiful dmg numbers. The damage of that weapon vs heavy really is a fkn joke lol.

Recurve feels like a toy after using LB or CB

Mercenary 2193 3914
  • 7 Feb '19
 EruTheTeapot

@Bodkin said:

Wait, it damages heavy ??

301 875
  • 7 Feb '19
 Naleaus

Doesn't need to do much damage, just annoy the heavy, and if they come to get me I have a weakened enemy and an arming sword or better. Plus I can piss off actual archers. And I'm a terrible shot.

Duke 986 1381
  • 7 Feb '19
 PadanFain

Recurve is really good imo I went 24-2 in a skm with recurve just the other night. The rate of fire is ridiculous let's u just spam towards enemy team to great effect.

1315 2881
  • 7 Feb '19
 Monsteri

Recurve after the recent balance changes is useless against other archers, but in focused engagements it's actually superior vs melee. This is due to its ROF, and mostly because its sway pattern actually helps you aim by going straight up - you only have to line up the horizontal aim and time it, vertical aim is taken care of by the bow.

Knight 3313 6811
  • 8 Feb '19
 Bodkin

Yeah in the very few instances I have tested it, it does have very forgiving sway for sure.

When I play archer I use 000 Longbow + Warhammer so it's actually very effective at trying to counter me if not any other archers. I do it just so I can bonk people with Warhammer when shit gets scrappy and honestly it's mostly an even playing field when we are both 1htk, even if they have an advantage due to rof/sway

But yeah the typical 010 Longbow archer with 1pt melee just shits all over recurve if you don't bring t3 torso. T3 torso crossbow fuckers are hard as hell to actually kill as an archer tbh. Like you can wound them easily but they'll just hide if you don't land the headshot and they tend to be farther off. I guess they aren't shooting anyone at that point though so it's not as bad.

Knight 685 1853
  • 8 Feb '19
 ÐMontyleGueux

@Bodkin said:
T3 torso crossbow fuckers are hard as hell to actually kill as an archer tbh. Like you can wound them easily but they'll just hide if you don't land the headshot and they tend to be farther off. I guess they aren't shooting anyone at that point though so it's not as bad.

That's something I hated in chivalry and it seems that it's comming back... "Oh you wanna play with a bow? Too bad, there's a crossbowman in the enemy team, enjoy getting oneshot right out of your spawn until you play something else." I never play longbow just for that reason.

1430 2175

I often use T3 chest crossbow and Im not there to waste my time on other archers. Fuck huntsman perk.

I shoot it at an armored knight(though often I miss and it doesn't do a whole lotta damage) before the fighting starts then go in with AS,WH. Will still take 3htk to finish him off but I've weakend him for my team mates if nothing else... and I have a more direct affect on team combat's outcome without being an annoying, useless LB archer... or worse, a shortbow archer.

Having to reload crossbow means I'm completely and totally out of the fight for a good few seconds while I have to find cover, reload and then come out... will get totally outclassed by any archers who've decided their lame calling is to shoot other archers. So I use it at medium range and only aim it at armored or skilled opponents and I rarely bother to reload it... go straight to melee where I can actually help my teammates instead of wasting space and getting hunted down at the end.

I like where crossbow currently sits in terms of balance.

Knight 3313 6811
  • 8 Feb '19
 Bodkin

Tbh lionheart if that is all you are doing is shooting a volley and going melee, you should honestly just be using throwing axes lmao

The dmg they can do with that sort of playstyle is superior to crossbow unless you land 100% headshots

Not trying to insult, just saying.

367 341
  • 8 Feb '19
 Peacerer

Archery is a joke. Most of the time it looks like opponents don't even notice arrow hits. When they notice, they just block it with a freakin' weapons, lol.

Does it do anything beside ridiculously low dmg? Cancel attack, cancel windup, slow down etc? Anything?

Knight 1269 3811
  • 8 Feb '19
 Frise

This topic has been closed.