Mordhau

Priority

Baron 1551 2087
  • 28 Jan '19
 yourcrippledson

Hmm finish shields and balance archery?... or add a battle royal mode and release the game unfinished and untested...

Duchess 798 3530
  • 28 Jan '19
 Stouty

hahahahahahahhaah he thinks minor shield balances are anyway near as vital to mordhaus success as BR ahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahaahaahahhhhahhaha broooooooooooooooooo

1548282630483.jpg

Baron 1551 2087
  • 28 Jan '19
 yourcrippledson

I hoped they'd finish combat and test Frontline. I guess that is utterly laughable isn't it.

Duchess 798 3530
  • 28 Jan '19
 Stouty

The combat is finished, any balance changes are purely subjective at this point*. There's a case to be made for shield remaining the same as it is. To pretend that the game's combat isn't intensely polished (especially in today's day 1 market) is pure dishonesty. Frontline is still going to be tested prior to release as well, more misinfo

Duchess 798 3530
  • 28 Jan '19
 Stouty

*besides insiders

Baron 1551 2087
  • 28 Jan '19
 yourcrippledson

@Stouty said:
The combat is finished, any balance changes are purely subjective at this point. There's a case to be made for shield remaining the same as it is. To pretend that the game's combat isn't intensely polished (especially in today's day 1 market) is pure dishonesty. Frontline is still going to be tested prior to release as well, more misinfo

Not really tested. Just a stresstest. And AAA companies can't even fix server issues they discover in Beta before launch half the time. So i guess just hope for the best..

And i think more than a few players would be unhappy if they were to just abandon the shield as it is.

Knight 515 990
  • 28 Jan '19
 wierHL

I'm still quietly hoping for a parry vs hold thing for shields, especially if buckler is coming (don't know if)
and team colours different from Chivalry standard, srsly tired of red and blue
Combat is definitely at least servicable though, I just hope they keep on polishing beyond release date.

Duke 553 939
  • 28 Jan '19
 Goatie

At this point they need to release it and make money, not keep killing themselves with this grind. All balance changes can be done after release at this point like many other games do. As long as the overall polish of the game is above what we see from other first release indie games then thats all that matters. Once they make money and can breathe easy again about their future then they can get back into the grind of constant balance. I can't imagine the pressure they are feeling and i totally agree with all this extra content they decided to focus on.

Baron 1551 2087
  • 28 Jan '19
 yourcrippledson

I don't think mechanical/balance changes after launch are good for the game. It makes people who would have just played the game and never even thought about balance call it into question when their playstyle suddenly loses viability.

"Coming Soon" looks much better as the tagline for a "BR mode" than it does for "Balanced Shield and Projectile Mechanics"....

Conscript 192 478
  • 28 Jan '19
 Shovonem

For release, big game mode + content + fun is more important than perfectly balanced combat. I am sure the devs will keep working on balance for combat after release. From what I have seen, the combat is more than good enough for release state. Yes there's shield balanced, archery and all that but there's time. Although I hope they will fix lunge and some very vital things community have been talking about for a long time. If I were you, I would be more concerned if they can pull off polished fun game modes with proper optimization, big maps, ranked matchmaking etc.

Knight 685 1853
  • 29 Jan '19
 ÐMontyleGueux

@Stouty said:
The combat is finished, any balance changes are purely subjective at this point*. There's a case to be made for shield remaining the same as it is. To pretend that the game's combat isn't intensely polished (especially in today's day 1 market) is pure dishonesty. Frontline is still going to be tested prior to release as well, more misinfo

I would like to see insiders adressed and a little bit more stab dragging ability. Other than that I agree that the combat feels refined enough at least for a release.

Knight 1269 3811
  • 29 Jan '19
 Frise

Ye why the fuck do stabs still have tiny release times? Stab delays are no longer a thing with the new chambers, so why not increase releases back and give us the ability to sidestab like we used to be able to?

Duke 60 165
  • 5 Feb '19
 Lumi

Pvp games are constantly being balanced and rebalanced. The only one that wasn't is Chiv because it was abandoned like a liberal's baby in a non-abortion state.

Duke 5545 13268
  • 5 Feb '19
 Jax — Community Manager

shield is getting changes still

making BR doesn't detract from also doing balance changes

367 341
  • 6 Feb '19
 Peacerer

Developers decision ruined shields.

Now they continue the same with archery.

Both based under the influence of few whining 2h elitists.

Knight 2304 4170
  • 6 Feb '19
 Runagate

you dense goblin, give me the exact numbers at which you want archery damage to be or you are full of shit.

Duchess 6895 9871
  • 6 Feb '19
 Sir Zombie

1 htk t3

Mercenary 2193 3914
  • 6 Feb '19
 EruTheTeapot

dEvvLopr mAek MordhuA bAd

#MAeK MRODHUA G8 ageN

18 88
  • 6 Feb '19
 papagoblin

@Runagate said:
you dense goblin, give me the exact numbers at which you want archery damage to be or you are full of shit.

I take offense to that statement, sir.

Knight 938 2560
  • 6 Feb '19
 Pred

@Runagate said:

Unfortunately Peacerer keeps finding new audiences who take him seriously for a moment at first. Please don't waste your time.

To answer your question, he was constantly complaining about archers being nerfed to shit in Chivalry "because Torn Banner gave in to cries of elitists". Mind you, we are talking about Chivalry where two archer weapons could 1-shot everything and five other archer weapons could 1-shot everything that wasn't a knight.

So what kind of damage does he want? 1-shot kill on everything wasn't enough, so I guess one arrow should be able to kill multiple enemies? Don't know.