Mordhau

"is bad for noobs"

239 289
  • 25 Jan
 idiotgod

"is bad for nubs/noobs"
I see this ^ as a reason for a lot of decision making.

stop it

What's bad for noobs isn't as important as what's bad for pros. Ammi right?

"GIRUGIRU
Wind is a hassle to implement and not that good anyway
Archery needs to be noob friendly and high skill cap at same time, wind mechanics immediately raise the skill floor which is bad for noobs.

I think GiruGiru is trying to send me a message. He wants us to get outraged by this bullshit and rise up and tell the devs to let the noobs SHOVE IT

rise up my brothers. Thanks!

Mercenary 178 613
  • 25 Jan
 Stauxie

Bad for noobs is perfectly acceptable in decision making. You want to have players that stick around, if there are multiple things that hinder their experience just because we wanted to stop thinking of them, I doubt this game would get far. Wind mechanics are awful anyway, especially for noobs.

239 289
  • 25 Jan
 idiotgod

@Stauxie said:
Bad for noobs is perfectly acceptable in decision making. You want to have players that stick around, if there are multiple things that hinder their experience just because we wanted to stop thinking of them, I doubt this game would get far. Wind mechanics are awful anyway, especially for noobs.

They are overcompensating. Sacrificing depth means sacrificing the lifespan of the game. Dark Souls is beloved by hardcore gamers because it proves you don't need to make a game nub friendly in order for it to still appeal to what people consider the "nub" fanbase.

People are buying indie games because they are sick of AAA games insisting everything be too nub-friendly. So worrying about this too much honestly doesn't even make sense for this market

p.s. this is just one example of many "not nub friendly" excuses, this specific change on its own is meaningless.
My point is that not every single thing needs to be catered towards a Trump level IQ

Mercenary 178 613
  • 25 Jan
 Stauxie

Of course you don't want the game to appeal only to noobs, that's why this game has enough depth on its own to keep itself standing for awhile. Players weren't too happy with one of the patches that made defense way too easy and thus too noob-friendly. I'm just saying that trying to make some aspects of the game more noob friendly won't always hurt the longevity of the game, so it shouldn't always be dismissed.

239 289
  • 25 Jan
 idiotgod

@Stauxie said:
Of course you don't want the game to appeal only to noobs, that's why this game has enough depth on its own to keep itself standing for awhile. Players weren't too happy with one of the patches that made defense way too easy and thus too noob-friendly. I'm just saying that trying to make some aspects of the game more noob friendly won't always hurt the longevity of the game, so it shouldn't always be dismissed.

I'm not advocating for absolute dismissal of anything nub friendly. I am advocating for them to refrain from the absolute dismissal of ideas just because they aren't as nub friendly as they want them to be. They are weighing the "nub friendliness" too heavily on the scale of mechanical decision making.

Mercenary 178 613
  • 25 Jan
 Stauxie

Yeah, I can understand that. But wind mechanics still gay

239 289
  • 25 Jan
 idiotgod

@Stauxie said:
Yeah, I can understand that. But wind mechanics still gay

rise up!

Knight 3135 7293
  • 25 Jan
 Punzybobo

Why the fuck do you think wind mechanics will add depth to archery in its current state

239 289
  • 25 Jan
 idiotgod

@Punzybobo said:
Why the fuck do you think wind mechanics will add depth to archery in its current state

Why the fuck don't you read the thread instead of just jumping in and saying something completely irrelevant to the point being made by the thread?

Knight 925 2541
  • 25 Jan
 Pred

People have different ideas of a "noob" when talking about it.

As for the case of Shroud playing, ie. someone with 0-3 hours in the game, they really have no idea what is going on and only relevant thing is to not scare them away immediately by having obviously broken shit all over the place.

Then there are noobs with some experience who will stick around for longer and they are an important group when considering mechanics because they will or will not make the player base if you will or will not make them feel like it's worth to stick around.

239 289
  • 25 Jan
 idiotgod

@Pred said:
Then there are noobs with some experience who will stick around for longer and they are an important group when considering mechanics because they will or will not make the player base if you will or will not make them feel like it's worth to stick around.

Exactly. The devs shy away from shit that is "hard/challenging" to pick up/understand when all they need to do is avoid shit that is blatantly broken.

A nub can handle not understanding how a game works for a lot of hours, as long as they see there is value in it.

It wasn't fun being a nub in Chiv, but watching the better players made it obvious there was more to the game than hacking and slashing.

It wasn't fun being a nub in rocket league, you literally can't do a fucking thing in that game for like the first 30 hours The devs didn't worry about it not being "nub friendly" enough when you can't even hit the ball for your first 20 games, let alone score a goal.

Dark souls didn't worry about nubs, etc etc...

You know who worried about nubs? For Honor.

I worry about this game because IF the Devs had solid mechanics to hang their hat on, they wouldn't be so worried about what the stupid nubs (not saying all nubs are stupid, but the stupid ones are the ones we're worried about) thought at every turn.
Instead they aren't sure the mechanics are a solid enough draw on their own to sustain a comp, nor a casual scene...

239 289
  • 25 Jan
 idiotgod

@GIRUGIRU said:
I dunno what you want me to say bro, it's clear that your tone is aimed at the game rather than improving yourself. I don't know if you think I'm stupid or what, it's quite clear your putting the game at fault here.

Who are u man, who are u friends? Nobodies, garbage. Practice and get good like the rest of us did, what more do you need to know. If you can't read something then just fucking practice and stop making retarded threads

If you want this game to be competitive your damn right that random Joe shitters shouldn't be able to read vs a player better than them. If the game was even more readable than it is now there's going to be a lot of comp players that are just fucking invinicble and won't go down until their stamina is gone. We already pushed to.make the game easier for noobs in as many ways as possible

"We already pushed to.make the game easier for noobs in as many ways as possible"

pls stop now lol

Knight 292 904
  • 25 Jan
 GIRUGIRU

You cry that you can't read anything but then you say the game is too noob friendly

Pick one

Knight 761 3291
  • 25 Jan
 Mittsies

this is a thinly-veiled "add wind to archery" thread, with a "bad for noobs isn't an argument" guise.

1081 1716

I think the argument is that things are made unintutive for the sake of being noob friendly/attractive but in reality they're just unintuitive and still not noob friendly while community ideas and solutions (good and bad) are dismissed with out any real discussion. I haven't heard anything about wind mechanics except by the people commenting rather than the thread OP.

We can all read.

Knight 3135 7293
  • 25 Jan
 Punzybobo

@Mittsies said:
this is a thinly-veiled "add wind to archery" thread, with a "bad for noobs isn't an argument" guise.

I am glad you can see through this charlatan as well

Knight 292 904
  • 25 Jan
 GIRUGIRU

@Lionheart Chevalier said:
I think the argument is that things are made unintutive for the sake of being noob friendly/attractive but in reality they're just unintuitive and still not noob friendly while community ideas and solutions (good and bad) are dismissed with out any real discussion. I haven't heard anything about wind mechanics except by the people commenting rather than the thread OP.

We can all read.

I think you should stop being so arrogant, and get off your high horse

You just need to learn the games mechanics, you claim they are not noob friendly, but noobs have alot of fun playing the game. Thus, this would lead me to believe you are simply bad

239 289
  • 25 Jan
 idiotgod

@GIRUGIRU said:
You cry that you can't read anything but then you say the game is too noob friendly

Pick one

I never cried that I couldn't read anything.

Another retarded post from Captain Retard ladies and gentlemen.

And the point of the thread

is to address the decision making criteria the devs are using. "NUB FRIENDLINESS" just ranks too high on the list IMO. So does Captain Retard.

1081 1716

@GIRUGIRU said:

@Lionheart Chevalier said:

We can all read.

I think you should stop being so arrogant, and get off your high horse

You just need to learn the games mechanics, you claim they are not noob friendly, but noobs have alot of fun playing the game. Thus, this would lead me to believe you are simply bad

Where are the noobs in this closed alpha? We saw the frustration when streamers were given keys and played. We also saw frustration and pure vitriol when noobs were exposed to Chivalry's exploitable mechanics... which aren't very different from Mordhau's restrictive meta.

Do not tell me to learn the game mechanics. I use 1h spam, 2h morph foot drags, accel feints, morph-accels, ambiguous target switches, matrixed chambers and all the other unintuitive and cheesy mechanics Mordhau encourages us to win by, same as you.

I wish I had a high horse to get off of but caring so much about this game or better yet, replying to your baits, are proof to the lack thereof. Many will agree you need to step down from your own high horse and quit treating the forums like some duelyard.

Knight 99 263
  • 26 Jan
 GAYFISH

Giru and Lion both of you need to just hate fuck already, the sexual and emotional tension will be too much for u poor boyos