Mordhau

101 FoV? Seems about 40 or 50 degrees too low.

68 117
  • 16 Jan
 conny

I can agree with you, i can stand high fovs but any greater fov on mordhau atm will make the game too ugly. And i will feel compelled to cap it to push my potential up a notch. Even if that would look like shit.
And the fact that a limited fov makes it possible to hit people without them seeing it is a good thing i.e if they are trying over-the-top drags.

Knight 1815 2219
  • 16 Jan
 Void

@Frise said:
People that don't play the game and haven't played Chivalry are already complaining in comment sections of Youtube about the FoV being 'weird'. I do agree that the current FoV limit feels restricting, but we will have to live with that to avoid people getting scared off by awful FoV levels.

That's true.
I've also seen comments under Shroud's streams on youtube about the FoV being too high. Even with the current max it looks weird to them.
It is important for the game to look good to those people (and to us).
The way Torn Banner handled FoV is irrelevant.

Knight 76 161

I think the FOV limit is fine.

Baron 1551 2083

@ArmedSpartan said:
I think the FOV limit is fine.

Literally anyone who uses less than 130 FoV is going to think it is fine. Like I understand the stigma behind the limitation. But without reverses it's not even an exploit. So fail to see the harm in testing it for a patch...

@Void said:

@Frise said:
People that don't play the game and haven't played Chivalry are already complaining in comment sections of Youtube about the FoV being 'weird'. I do agree that the current FoV limit feels restricting, but we will have to live with that to avoid people getting scared off by awful FoV levels.

That's true.
I've also seen comments under Shroud's streams on youtube about the FoV being too high. Even with the current max it looks weird to them.
It is important for the game to look good to those people (and to us).
The way Torn Banner handled FoV is irrelevant.

If the nubs don't like high fov, they will move the slider to the left, and never think of it again.

I agree that the game should look good to everyone. Which is why it is important we have ample display options, so nobody is left forced to use an FoV they aren't totally comfortable with :)

Knight 1269 3804
  • 17 Jan
 Frise

@yourcrippledson said:
If the nubs don't like high fov, they will move the slider to the left, and never think of it again.

I agree that the game should look good to everyone. Which is why it is important we have ample display options, so nobody is left forced to use an FoV they aren't totally comfortable with :)

It's not about them playing with high FoV, it's about them seeing videos of high-tier players playing with ridiculous FoV values and being turned away from the game. People are going to relate that to Chivalry and assume shit, like it always happens with Mordhau.

Knight 1383 3152

It's vertical FOV,
The wider your aspect ratio, the wider your horizontal FOV at the same vertical FOV.

For reference,
101 vertical FOV on a 16:9 is 130 horizontal
101 vertical FOV on a 21:9 is 141 horizontal
101 vertical FOV on a 4:3 is 116 horizontal
101 vertical FOV on a 16:3 is 162 horizontal

if you want to fuck up your FOV because you don't know how spatial awareness or your own fucking mouse works, buy some more monitors.

324 864
  • 17 Jan
 Xatrian

time to get a monitor with a higher aspect ratio so I can have a higher fov I suppose what a meme lmao

1084 6144
  • 17 Jan
 crushed — Art

Max FOV won't be changed.

1084 6144
  • 17 Jan
 crushed — Art

This topic has been closed.