Knight 1815 2219
  • 17 Jan
 Void

@AzorAhype said:

@Xatrian said:

@AzorAhype said:

@EvilSuD said:

@AzorAhype said:
lol i swear if this game gets delayed again im gonna scream i fucking told you so from the rooftops, the reason its taking so long to launch the game is because they dont have a big enough sample of people to test the game, this game was supposed to release last year, yet here we are.

Its taking so long because they are a small dev team not because they dont have enough testers.

The game delayed more than once lol, they are obviously behind schedule and i seriously doubt its only because of staffing. bugs dont get reported as efficiently with only like 200 testers, and i dont see any evidence of a q1 release like they claim. AFAIK they have barely even tested the 64 player mode. Regardless i have my doubts

Unless they're doing some closed testing with certain members of the alpha that they haven't announced, there has been 0 testing of the main game mode outside of the devs themselves testing it internally.

Exactly, they would need a stable main game mode to even launch properly, its doubtful they even have enough players to reliably test it before launch. Theres no damn way i would buy the full game on release with a broken main game mode.(seriously could you imagine call of duty launching without TDM?) Im quickly losing faith in this project due to the delays and lack of testing, things dont look good from my point of view

I understand that you have your doubs and you are losing faith in this project. That's totally fine because you are not required to prepaid it or anything. You can wait until release and then decide if the game meets your expectations. Nothing wrong with that.
About testing I have to say that each patch is thoroughly tested by more than enough players. Also, having fewer playtesters with knowledge and understanding on the game is more important than having lots of playtesters that don't know enough about the game and its mechanics.
Whenever a new patch is out lots of players always return to play it and give feedback. The patch that will contain Frontline will have the biggest return so far because almost all of the playerbase is waiting for it.
You don't have to worry at all imo.

34 6
  • 17 Jan
 AzorAhype

@EruTheTeapot said:
Ah, you so claim to be following since 2016 yet comment so ignorant at the same time. I guess clicking Sub2NewzLettear isn't following Mordy.
There are enough players, they just don't 24/7 Mordhau lmao. This doesn't mean game has failed or just cause you can't get your hands on it, doesnt mean it wont succeed.

People play other games, have lives, have finals and fucking hobbies (like waiting for Bannerlord while waiting for Mordhau)

When you put something in center of your attention and If there isn't much you can do about it, it will get tedious. Check on it once in a while but don't obsess over Mordhau or "some streamers getting zhe keyz b4 miiii"

I just think that you are salty cause you randomly seen a post "X Streamer gets free game, WhaaAAoooAAAttt !?!?!?" and got triggered over it.

Look at my profile join date, realize i actually started following 2 years ago...
Notice i only started posting as of yesterday? Yeah im real fucking obsessed all right lol, i just have consistent values and chose to bring it up, i disagree with handing out keys to anyone, idgaf if they have followers or not(news flash, you can disagree with me)

107 147
  • 17 Jan
 Toastimus

Can we all agree that it would be proper of developers to make a video,like they made for the patch where they added climbing over stuff and other big stuff,for 2019,i mean new year has started,and it would be proper if they could just talk to us,say what's happening,tell us about the progress of the game etc.Give the community a chill pill,so we can sleep easier :D

34 6
  • 18 Jan
 AzorAhype

@Toastimus said:
Can we all agree that it would be proper of developers to make a video,like they made for the patch where they added climbing over stuff and other big stuff,for 2019,i mean new year has started,and it would be proper if they could just talk to us,say what's happening,tell us about the progress of the game etc.Give the community a chill pill,so we can sleep easier :D

seeing as we cant get access to the game atm, this seems like the best course of action. more videos showing whats been up leading to launch would answer alot of trivial questions i have bumping around my head

Baron 1551 2083

@Void said:
Also, having fewer playtesters with knowledge and understanding on the game is more important than having lots of playtesters that don't know enough about the game and its mechanics.

Yeah, we don't need to let these players, that have no fucking clue what they are talking about, play the game to let them affect things, like FoV and swing manipulation, when we can just check out some youtube comments and base game design around that.

Knight 1815 2219
  • 18 Jan
 Void

@yourcrippledson said:

@Void said:
Also, having fewer playtesters with knowledge and understanding on the game is more important than having lots of playtesters that don't know enough about the game and its mechanics.

Yeah, we don't need to let these players, that have no fucking clue what they are talking about, play the game to let them affect things, like FoV and swing manipulation, when we can just check out some youtube comments and base game design around that.

Yes, quality in playtesters is more beneficial than quantity.
You don't base game design around youtube comments but it's good to know how the game looks to outsiders. They may not have knowledge on the game mechanics but they can say that the game looks ugly in high FoV.
There is a difference between criticising how a game looks (can be done by anyone) and it's design (you need to know one thing or two).

Duke 5484 13097
  • 18 Jan
 Jax — Community Manager

@Toastimus said:

We have some things in the works - but we want to show them off when they're ready. Frontline and two other big game modes, some other super cool things in the works too. But we don't want to show them off until they're ready, we want MAXIMUM impact :) .

Knight 925 2541
  • 18 Jan
 Pred

Withholding big news for appropriate time and not saying anything at all for months are still being confused by devs as the same thing.

Duchess 775 3451
  • 18 Jan
 Stouty

if you didn't get a key you're probabaly not that obsessed cos there were many opportunities to get one so why don't you just play chiv??

if you do have a key why don't you just play the alpha????

what is the problem???

why do u crave release what are your motives? most of you aren't even comp autists that fantasise about a big mordhau league post launch

Knight 2247 4038
  • 18 Jan
 Runagate

@Jax said:

@Toastimus said:

We have some things in the works - but we want to show them off when they're ready. Frontline and two other big game modes, some other super cool things in the works too. But we don't want to show them off until they're ready, we want MAXIMUM impact :) .

inb4 BR is now considered a big game mode by devs and not a post-launch gimmick

please crush tell me i am wrong

239 289
  • 18 Jan
 idiotgod

@Stouty said:
most of you aren't even comp autists that fantasise about a big mordhau league post launch

If this game keeps going the way it is, comp is going to be more of a joke than Chiv's. Someone should just get started on comp mod now TBH.

Duchess 6865 9830
  • 18 Jan
 Sir Zombie

@Runagate said:

@Jax said:

@Toastimus said:

Horde mode soon

34 6
  • 18 Jan
 AzorAhype

@Stouty said:
if you didn't get a key you're probabaly not that obsessed cos there were many opportunities to get one so why don't you just play chiv??

if you do have a key why don't you just play the alpha????

what is the problem???

why do u crave release what are your motives? most of you aren't even comp autists that fantasise about a big mordhau league post launch

we want the game because we are fans of medieval games and want to play something we are interested in, i shouldn't even need to explain this shit to you lol. not everyone has to be competitive to have a valid opinion

Duke 5484 13097
  • 19 Jan
 Jax — Community Manager

No need to namecall here.

The reason we haven't shown anything off recently is because we've been working on the long-term goals for the game, and showing a whiteboxed version of the new Contraband isn't going to be exciting or sexy. We're at the point where there are relatively few short-term things that can be shown off since the team is focused on things like capture rate for frontline points, and deciding spawn points for new maps or something.

We'll be able to show off some new content... dare I say... soon™. Please be patient.

Knight 469 913
  • 19 Jan
 wierHL

@Jax said:
showing a whiteboxed version of the new Contraband isn't going to be exciting or sexy

don't fucking kinkshame me

239 289
  • 20 Jan
 idiotgod

@Jax said:
No need to namecall here.

The reason we haven't shown anything off recently is because we've been working on the long-term goals for the game, and showing a whiteboxed version of the new Contraband isn't going to be exciting or sexy. We're at the point where there are relatively few short-term things that can be shown off since the team is focused on things like capture rate for frontline points, and deciding spawn points for new maps or something.

Hurry up so we can start playtesting your maps for the next 8 years!

Duke 85 89
  • 21 Jan
 Elko

@Sir Zombie said:

@Runagate said:

@Jax said:

@Toastimus said:

Horde mode soon

Hoping for any kind of coop or intelligent enough bots to handle the game modes. With the effort already put in their combat abilities, feels like they deserve to play an essential role.
I'll wait another year just for that.

324 864
  • 21 Jan
 Xatrian

@Elko said:
Hoping for any kind of coop or intelligent enough bots to handle the game modes. With the effort already put in their combat abilities, feels like they deserve to play an essential role.

Hope you'll pay into another Kickstarter just for that while you're at it.

Duke 85 89
  • 22 Jan
 Elko

@Xatrian said:

@Elko said:

Hope you'll pay into another Kickstarter just for that while you're at it.

I see where you are coming from. The goodies shop is not my thing, but I would buy this game a couple of times for steam friends if it hits early access.