Mordhau

Fix Blunt Damage Head Gore

Knight 24 138

There are a lot of visual issues with head gore from blunt weapon damage.

1. The gore model placed on the neck is red mush with a femur coming out of it.
    Untitled.png

2. If the blunt weapon only causes a partial dismemberment and the head becomes detached, the lower half of the neck model shows a clean cut while the gore model on the upper half of the severed neck has that weird ham bone in it.
    Untitled 2.png

3. If the head is destroyed by a blunt weapon, the head vaporizes and a few tiny, red nuggets spawn in its place
    Untitled 3.png

This, in my opinion, looks terrible. I'd have rather seen a broken neck and some crushed metal bump map decal on the helmet or some other alternative. If there is no helmet, there should maybe be some crushed head model or some other localized wounds on the head. I'm no game designer so I don't know exactly what's feasible, but I think nearly anything would look better than my magic hammer turning someone's head into chicken nuggets.

4 12

This is the big truth

Duke 666 994
  • 10 Jan
 Stumpy

Internetgoodboy for president

Knight 3129 6174
  • 11 Jan
 Bodkin

I find the warhammer blunt gore to be really satisfying with the sound and tore up flesh, though Ive never looked as closely as you have.

I think head explosions with the heavier blunt weapons are a bit memey, especially with how little there is left of the head since it only makes like 5 chunks.

Knight 34 25

Agreed, I never liked the head explosions in chiv and I was happy they weren't in mord. Its way more brutal without the head explosion anyways

Knight 3129 6174
  • 11 Jan
 Bodkin

Instead of an explosion, the heavy weapons should just make a shitload of chunks and blood splash tbh, or at least make more blood and chunks if the explosions are going to stay.

Also please add partial decaps to arrows

Baron 1547 2038

you're just supposed to explode the head and move on to another. Who has the time for such trivialities as this when combat is still unfinished?

Duchess 6767 9578
  • 11 Jan
 Sir Zombie

BIG MAUL BIG SMASH

Conscript 145 369
  • 12 Jan
 Shovonem

At last someone said it. I thought I was the only one who found the new pumpkin head explosion gore annoying. I did not want to see it after Chivalry.

24 33
  • 12 Jan
 Vaygr

The head explosion is underwhelming at the moment. It really needs more gore. I would love broken necks and limbs. Adds a lot to the mood of the game. This has been talked about in a long thread about gore before and it came down to time for the devs as they are prioritizing getting the game ready for release.

Knight 1739 2132
  • 13 Jan
 Void

This is from the same day patch 20 was up.

Screenshot_2019-01-13-02-20-51-778_com.discord.png

161 187
 idiotgod

So are we getting improved chunky bits or did that budget get spent on BR mode?

Knight 27 67
  • 5 Feb
 GAYFISH

I always thought all the bone breaking sounds were too high pitched.
I feel like it should be a bit deeper sounding since bones are pretty dense.
Head explosion also looks really bad too. I know it would've been harder, but a jaw joint with 2 connection points for partial and full dismemberment would be much cooler.
Just imagine seeing a dude's jaw hanging out from the bottom of their helmet after a phat ES smak or mol to the face, would be glorious.

161 187
  • 5 Feb
 idiotgod

@GAYFISH said:

Just imagine seeing a dude's jaw hanging out from the bottom of their helmet after a phat ES smak or mol to the face, would be glorious.

Fuck.. they should add this for head hits to the face from blunt, and make it so it can happen while you are still alive if you have the second chance perk, who's name escapes me

Knight 34 25

@idiotgod said:

@GAYFISH said:

Fuck.. they should add this for head hits to the face from blunt, and make it so it can happen while you are still alive if you have the second chance perk, who's name escapes me

Knight 27 67
  • 7 Feb
 GAYFISH

@idiotgod said:

@GAYFISH said:

Flesh wound is the name, but it wouldn't work because it doesn't activate on headshot kills

Sellsword 526 1724
  • 8 Feb
 Goof

They said that the head gore was just a placeholder for this patch.