Mordhau

Something that (in my opinion) made chivalry so re-playable among veteran players

5 13

This is kind of an unspoken thing, but something that chivalry had going for it was how well it did in allowing really skilled players to distinguish themselves on the battlefield or in a duelyard. I am talking about the cosmetics that were locked behind a major grind of levels (the silver, black, gold and purple helm). Having a large presence on a battlefield because players know you are relatively skilled with cosmetics is a really fun way to reward veteran players. I think Mordhau should have some kind of simple leveling system that is for cosmetics and nothing else. There don't have to be frequent unlocks at short intervals; it could be hundreds of hours to get a single cosmetic. All the customization features that are in mordhau absolutely tower over chivalry in depth, so it really has the opportunity to expand upon this idea that chivalry had.

These special cosmetics could be:

• Some of the fancy tints of armor (gold, black, etc.)

• Abnormal color schemes (like brown for red team, or navy blue for blue team)

• Special variants of weapons

• Tattoos (this isn't historically accurate for a knight, I am just pouring out ideas)

• Scars

• Different hair

I don't know if I am describing what I mean by "large presence" right to you guys, but I think all of you level 50+ chiv players know what I mean.

Mercenary 156 563
  • 10 Jan
 Stauxie

I think the plan right now is to have some form of exp. and gold. You would use gold to unlock weapons which would be really fast in the beginning. The cosmetic items would be unlocked progressively as you get more gold and exp. I personally want a system similar to Halo: Reach. Not only did you have to be a very high level to unlock the best looking gear, the level itself was recognizable in showing how much time you put into the game.

Knight 1374 3123

The real bois are the lvl 50+ players who have basically standard cosmetics.

You see this normie running around and don't notice it's a level 63 that yeet blasts you with top meme attacks and you sit there like what was THAT.

Knight 695 2876
  • 10 Jan
 Mittsies

what about neon-green top hats with burning flames effects?

Knight 684 1844

@Tim_Fragmagnet said:

You see this normie running around and don't notice it's a level 63 that yeet blasts you with top meme attacks and you sit there like what was THAT.

Nah those were pussies, real players wore their pink helmet and took the focus (and arrows) like men. You deserve the rank when you can survive the hordes of low rank zombies throwing themselves at you for looking different.

Knight 1227 3642
  • 10 Jan
 Frise

@Mittsies said:
what about neon-green top hats with burning flames effects?

Stop you're triggering me. I started playing TF2 again recently and god fucking damn it these retards ruined the art style.

Knight 105 272

Nah real men wear peasant hats
Peasant hat 2.PNG

5 13

Yes plumes would be amazing

Count 3867 8099

@Tim_Fragmagnet said:

The virgin barbarian skin vs the chad mouse helm vs the thad vanilla