Mordhau

raise the fov and the animations are bad

324 864
  • 16 Dec '18
 Xatrian

I can't see anything and what I can see is terrible animations someone please make it stop

Knight 2266 4081
  • 16 Dec '18
 Runagate

More fov would be really nice.

Knight 830 1763
  • 16 Dec '18
 Ulkenstride

I'd love to see this in first person 20181205223727_1.jpg

212 348

the animations would be better if they removed first person as its essentially a fake perspective with fake animations

Knight 766 3312
396 453
  • 21 Dec '18
 JasonBourne

Nah, I think fov is spot on. Its better for the health of the game. Also good to avoid "This video is utter rubbish and does not represent Chivalry at all but a warped very high fov of which the player demonstrates his lack of respect for the game and other players, a common theme in all of his crass videos. " types of comments.

In chiv I played with 150 fov and it felt a bit weird when playing mordhua, but once u get used to it its fine.

Duchess 789 3477
  • 21 Dec '18
 Stouty

I don't understand the argument against higher FOV. The people complaining about exploits in chiv were annoyed presumably because you had to use a console command/ini edit to go past the 120 limit. If you think high FOV is too advantageous I might remind you that 3rd person exists

Personally I find the current FOV restricting and claustrophobic, especially when combined with the current meta of run to your opponents side whilst LMBing. I find myself playing in 3rd more often now when I just want an ezgame

Knight 766 3312
  • 22 Dec '18
 Mittsies

Reasons to keep FoV at 130:

• higher FoV = more advantageous
  • you force people to use a FoV they find uncomfortable to stay competitive
  • many people believe that 130 is good "middleground"
  • normies get angry when they see ultra-high FoV because they're used to console games with 80~90 FoV

Reasons to increase FoV to 150:

• can't hurt to try for awhile, especially while still in alpha
  • many people want more FoV (self included)
  • maybe we can get the "middleground" a bit higher, like 135/140

on a sidenote: 3rd person should seriously be removed, for obvious reasons, and used only for practice reasons or inspecting your cosmetics

396 453
  • 22 Dec '18
 JasonBourne

@Stouty said:
I don't understand the argument against higher FOV. The people complaining about exploits in chiv were annoyed presumably because you had to use a console command/ini edit to go past the 120 limit. If you think high FOV is too advantageous I might remind you that 3rd person exists

Personally I find the current FOV restricting and claustrophobic, especially when combined with the current meta of run to your opponents side whilst LMBing. I find myself playing in 3rd more often now when I just want an ezgame

High fov is advantageous, and yes 3p has more view but you cant fight properly like u can in 1p. Imo 3p should be removed.

239 289
  • 22 Dec '18
 idiotgod

I heard they want to keep FoV on the low-end for video footage and streaming purposes. People(casualfags) will see it at 130 fov and want to buy it, but will think it looks too weird at 150 FoV...

This explains why they limit 1st person FoV so much even though 3rd is already game-breaking. And why they will never increase our FoV before release, even though nearly every skilled experienced player says the game would play better with higher FoV.

MAYBE you have slightly more pinpoint accuracy in first person? Arguable.
What is unarguable atm is that you have like 10x more situational awareness in 3rd. If you think I am going to stay in 1st and have no fucking clue what is going on in the battle compared to my enemies using 3rd, just cause 1st is the viewmode I want to use, you're mistaken. If you think making me choose between a view mode that the game was really designed around (1st) and a view mode that is just better (3rd) is anything but bad game design, think again, and fix this huge problem.

324 864
  • 22 Dec '18
 Xatrian

The current FOV in Mordhau doesn't even feel like it's 130 to me.

Knight 928 2545
  • 22 Dec '18
 Pred

Everyone suddenly noticing the problem with 3rd person, lmao.

The last horses cross the finish line.

Knight 766 3312
  • 22 Dec '18
 Mittsies

The strange thing is that a lot of us have been complaining about 3rd person since alpha #1 (namely that it should be removed for all but learning purposes and checking out your cosmetics), but crush and many others have repeatedly assured us that 3rd person is unusable garbage and would never be viable at high level play.

Knight 928 2545
  • 22 Dec '18
 Pred

@Mittsies said:
The strange thing is that a lot of us have been complaining about 3rd person since alpha #1

You didn't even need Alpha release to be able to figure out the potential problems tbh.

If the game is a success after release (ie. not only die-hard Chiv vets will buy it), I can totally see it being played predominantly in 3rd person.

301 875
  • 22 Dec '18
 Naleaus

130 FoV is fine, but the camera placement feels like shit and limits what you can see. I played at 150FoV for a while before they patched it, but still would prefer they move the camera back a bit to allow you to see more of your arms.

Duchess 789 3477
  • 22 Dec '18
 Stouty

3rd has been buffed since day 1 I'm pretty sure, also the meta has changed recently where the best attack are these insider/step in LMBs which are much safer to attempt in 3rd

Knight 766 3312
  • 22 Dec '18
 Mittsies

@Pred said:
I can totally see it being played predominantly in 3rd person.

I hope they fix it before then.

Knight 2266 4081
  • 23 Dec '18
 Runagate

I've always thought 3rd should be removed. Games like CS:GO or I dunno, a million other first person games do not have (or need) a 3rd person view and nobody complains. I don't see any point in having that in Mordhau. Or any significant, really substantial negatives in not having it.

Knight 766 3312
  • 23 Dec '18
 Mittsies

3rd person useful for learning purposes because you can watch how your character moves and understand the animations better - especially because 1st person animations are different than 3rd person ones. It's also useful to look at your cosmetics, I guess. With that being said, you could just make 3rd person exclusive to some sort of "practice mode".

Knight 2266 4081
  • 23 Dec '18
 Runagate

@Mittsies said:
3rd person useful for learning purposes because you can watch how your character moves and understand the animations better - especially because 1st person animations are different than 3rd person ones. It's also useful to look at your cosmetics, I guess. With that being said, you could just make 3rd person exclusive to some sort of "practice mode".

I don't get the looking at cosmetics argument either, because you can look at your cosmetics way better in the loadout screen anyway. You can only see a portion of your backside in-game.