Mordhau

I rewatched the Trailer

Baron 2272 3167
  • 5 Dec
 Xekratos

Raised Visor Bevored Sallet, Javelins or at least short spear throwing, and That castle map. I like the look of all of them but I don't know why they're in the game yet. Especially that helmet, I think it looks cool as fuck.
WHEN.png

Duke 5164 11173
  • 5 Dec
 Jax — Community Manager

helmet is ambiguous on what armor tier it is

shortspear 3p anims don't exist atm

map was a test map to see how the castle pieces work

Knight 1590 2560
  • 5 Dec
 Runagate

I don't think the helmet is too ambiguous. The bevor is as clearly visible as on the current one.

Duke 5164 11173
  • 5 Dec
 Jax — Community Manager

is it heavy or medium? I don't even know

if it's heavy and then you add the cloth cover to it....?

Knight 1690 2000
  • 5 Dec
 Void

It seems more like T2 to me.
It's not completely open but you can see his nose and eyes clearly.

Knight 1590 2560
 Runagate

@Jax said:
is it heavy or medium? I don't even know

if it's heavy and then you add the cloth cover to it....?

The cloth cover doesn't obscure the face, you mean the cloth coif probably. Speaking of which, you can equip the cloth coif with the heavy sallet already and I have no problem distinguishing it from the medium one.

Conscript 226 524

give helmet

Knight 184 847

@Jax said:

adds cloth hood to most helmets completely obscuring the armor tier from the backside

Duke 6717 9328
  • 5 Dec
 Sir Zombie

@renaissance said:

@Jax said:

adds cloth hood to most helmets completely obscuring the armor tier from the backside

adds skirt that completely hides armor tier of legs

350 573

Exposed face = Tier 2

Would love it if devs reconsidered their stance on Raised Sallet with Bevor... and added this same bevor piece to the various kettle helmets or other T2 helmets like others have asked for.

Can we also give the metal rim of Sallets the ability to be a different color metal from the rest of the helmet... I want a gold rim on my Sallet to match the gold rim on my chest plate.

Knight 802 1709

@Jax said:

shortspear 3p anims don't exist atm

map was a test map to see how the castle pieces work

Excuses, excuses. This is all you guys do, is make fucking EXCUSES!

Knight 2896 6415
  • 6 Dec
 Punzybobo

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
GIVE ME THING NOW

Baron 2272 3167
  • 6 Dec
 Xekratos

@Lionheart Chevalier said:
Exposed face = Tier 2

Would love it if devs reconsidered their stance on Raised Sallet with Bevor... and added this same bevor piece to the various kettle helmets or other T2 helmets like others have asked for.

Can we also give the metal rim of Sallets the ability to be a different color metal from the rest of the helmet... I want a gold rim on my Sallet to match the gold rim on my chest plate.

I'd have to disagree, the bevor sallet with open face covers almost everything, the neck on the klappivisor is completely exposed yet it's still tier 3. The raised visor sallet without bevor is still a tier 2 as well. I think adding the bevor should be tier 3 because it doesn't expose much but the eyes.

350 573

Klapvisor may expose the neck but no single T3 exposes the face. Visorless T2 barbute exposes even less skin than klapvisor but it's obviously T2 because of the exposed eye, nose and mouth which invites an attacker to stab. The main difference between T3 and T2 is stab weakness and this plays out in chainmail torso being weak to stabs while helmets with open faces are also weak to stabs.

I never look at a T3 klapvisor and say "Stabbing is it's obvious weakness" but I'll look at a T2 Barbute and a Bevor, Raised Sallet and see that it's obviously weak to stabs despite being almost completely encased with steal. I would actually argue that T2 visorless barbute is more easily confused for T3 than bevor raised sallet... and Visorless barbute made it into the game.

Exposed face = Tier 2