Mordhau

bardiche

Count 3733 7663

is it just me or that thing is really strong

76 149
  • 28 Nov
 intTobey

I would say that it's stats are very strong, probably too strong for its point value. (can 1-2 hit everything? 8 pts? really?) But its true strength is in crap animations.

People exploit the fact that a horizontal slash looks like an overhead when you look down, so you think you're chambering an overhead, but its not one and you get hit.

It also has a very wide, violent strike that can be easily body feinted to look like a release.

The violent animation also lends itself well to starting in an accel OH position, then dragging it out to the end of release.
All around the best weapon for the body-feinting, spazzing dragger playstyle.

EDIT: I just want to add something I noticed recently - that right side feints with the bardiche are extra effective because its windup pulls quite far back from idle, which means when you feint out, the blade comes forward quickly back to idle at the speed and orientation of an actual attack; its feint return looks exactly like a release.

Count 429 1067
  • 28 Nov
 Hadeus

Tobi pretty much nailed it.

Some people might not agree with this, but I would recommend taking away Bardiche's short-alt grip.

It would become more of a diet-halberd (support weapon) - unable to combo.

This would let bardiche remain powerful - yet remove its swiss-army-knife like utility.

1197 2678
  • 28 Nov
 Monsteri

@Hadeus said:
Tobi pretty much nailed it.

Some people might not agree with this, but I would recommend taking away Bardiche's short-alt grip.

It would become more of a diet-halberd (support weapon) - unable to combo.

This would let bardiche remain powerful - yet remove its swiss-army-knife like utility.

?

It's had a long grip unable to combo for several months.
Or do you mean changing the main mode so it can't combo?

Count 429 1067
  • 28 Nov
 Hadeus

Yes,
I forgot the order in my original post.

Right now you start out in short-grip which is mainly what people are complaining about.

I'm arguing for taking the current short-grip away and replace it with the alt-grip (non-combo).

It would make it similar to the executioner sword, where there is not alt-grip.

Knight 856 2253
  • 29 Nov
 Frise

@Hadeus said:
I'm arguing for taking the current short-grip away and replace it with the alt-grip (non-combo).

Or just fix the Bardiche so that we have a medium-cost polearm instead of a gimmicky no-combo useless thing

Count 649 2420

I would rather beat every single one of you to death with a shoe before I would suffer seeing the bardiche reduced to a lowly non combo weapon. Just raise it's point cost and/or tweak it's animations.

We hold these truths to be self-evident.

Knight 1690 2000
  • 29 Nov
 Void

I find that its animations are kind of confusing and this is the reason for it being really powerful in the right hands.
Halberd is far more readable to me. Bardiche is also a high damage weapon capable of good accels and drags at the same time. I don't think it shouldn't have the combo ability. Maybe it doesn't even need a damage or point nerf. It would be fine with some more readable anims.

Knight 160 358
  • 29 Nov
 Iodine

something definitely needs to be done about bardiche. It's a "do everything at 2 or less htk" weapon. I would just propose less damage and slightly longer windup, making it a "long range messer" of sorts.

Count 429 1067
  • 29 Nov
 Hadeus

@EatAtRedLobster said:
I would rather beat every single one of you to death with a shoe before I would suffer seeing the bardiche reduced to a lowly non combo weapon. Just raise it's point cost and/or tweak it's animations.

We hold these truths to be self-evident.

lowly non combo weapon?

Have you ever supported someone with non-combo halberd?
If you think its lowly, your not playing it right.

Count 429 1067
  • 29 Nov
 Hadeus

@Frise said:

@Hadeus said:

Or just fix the Bardiche so that we have a medium-cost polearm instead of a gimmicky no-combo useless thing

Seriously?
Gimmicky no-combo useless thing.
Smh.

Knight 856 2253
  • 29 Nov
 Frise

@Hadeus said:
Seriously?

Yes, because non-combo weapons such as the Halber's alt mode further funnel the weapon into a specific role of dealing damage from distance in team games. It completely nullifies the weapon's ability to be used in duels or in risky attacks, and forces its user to use only to deal some easy damage in team modes.

Knight 606 1511
  • 29 Nov
 Pred

Bardiche is fine.

It's like 90% of the problems in the game are due to animations and Bardiche is one of them.

Unpopular opinion - barring backswings, anims are worse than in Chiv.

Count 429 1067
  • 29 Nov
 Hadeus

@Frise said:

@Hadeus said:
Seriously?

Yes, because non-combo weapons such as the Halber's alt mode further funnel the weapon into a specific role of dealing damage from distance in team games. It completely nullifies the weapon's ability to be used in duels or in risky attacks, and forces its user to use only to deal some easy damage in team modes.

Have you see any top-tier gameplay with a weapon such as Executioner Sword, Maul or Halberd alt-mode?
The lacking of combo's is offset by their extremely potent drags, damage output and/or reach.
A support-role weapon may not necessarily shine in 1v1's - however, it doesn't mean failure.

What I'm arguing for is for making Bardiche a specialty weapon. Not every weapon needs to be equally support AND duelist weapon.

If the developers can fix Bardiche animations on short-grip mode, then fine - by all means. However, patch after patch, its animations are either neglected or they can't successfully balance it.

Knight 1590 2557
  • 29 Nov
 Runagate

The animations are disgusting. It really needs to be looked at, @intTobey got it all right.

Mercenary 178 406
  • 30 Nov
 Izıl

disgusting anims indeed