Mordhau

Will there be a kick vote system like Chiv

Knight 2 15
  • 25 Nov
 Ҡղցհէ

To prevent something like this from continuing when there's no server admin or the admin doesn't care enough to stop it.
Firepot.jpg
This kept going on for a whole game and some more when this one person got pissed off.

224 475
  • 25 Nov
 Xatrian

If the admin doesn't care enough to stop it, they're probably allowing it and would shoot down any kick attempts in the first place. You're better off simply migrating servers.

11 13
  • 25 Nov
 Baron

In my opinion, you shouldn't have to migrate games to escape cancer. Toxic players should be punished and it's the admins role to do so.

Knight 606 1511
  • 1
  • 25 Nov
 Pred

Vote kick is necessary, but first maybe fix firepots so one person is not able to ruin the game for everybody else whenever he feels like it.

224 475
  • 1
  • 25 Nov
 Xatrian

@Baron said:
In my opinion, you shouldn't have to migrate games to escape cancer. Toxic players should be punished and it's the admins role to do so.

And if the admin doesn't care, what then? What are you proposing? If the vote kicks get disabled by the admin, your only option is to deal with it or migrate. Migrating seems alot more simple.

11 3

I was on that server last night. Fuck Vq Bodkin and Hadeus for allowing this to go on. The firepot offender(ToLazy4Shit) had -40 kills and the game ended with blue team at -100. Not enjoyable at all for anybody. Doesn't help that it was the only active server that night, so no chance to switch to a different server.

224 475
  • 25 Nov
 Xatrian

@saul_g00dman said:
I was on that server last night. Fuck Vq Bodkin and Hadeus for allowing this to go on. The firepot offender(ToLazy4Shit) had -40 kills and the game ended with blue team at -100. Not enjoyable at all for anybody. Doesn't help that it was the only active server that night, so no chance to switch to a different server.

All of you who were in that server couldn't leave?

1 0

Hell no! I have lost count of the amount of times i've gotten votekicked just for standing first place in FFA matches. The second-place player hates me and offcourse so do all the low-level noobies. Not to mention that votekicking will also be used to hijack servers.

You know i've never understood why there is even team-damage in the first place. "realism" is not good enough of a reason to keep it.

If they're gonna implement votekicking at all then i hope they will put it at atleast 75% TDMG to really make sure only assholes get kicked.

Knight 2896 6415
  • 25 Nov
 Punzybobo

@saul_g00dman said:
I was on that server last night. Fuck Vq Bodkin and Hadeus for allowing this to go on. The firepot offender(ToLazy4Shit) had -40 kills and the game ended with blue team at -100. Not enjoyable at all for anybody. Doesn't help that it was the only active server that night, so no chance to switch to a different server.

but i thought 2lazy was banned?? devs???

Knight 94 169
  • 25 Nov
 Radfox

I'm sure they plan on adding a kickvote feature. I just hope they do something similar to Chiv and show % of team damage done as well.

224 475
  • 25 Nov
 Xatrian

@thomasotje10 said:
You know i've never understood why there is even team-damage in the first place. "realism" is not good enough of a reason to keep it.

Because 1vX would be even more broken than it currently is if the enemy didn't have to worry about damaging his team mates.

Knight 558 1402

I remember that certain servers in chivalry had the votekick disabled. Guess what, they were filled with blatant hackers and ended up being deserted very quickly. Sure it can be used wrongly but some sort of votekick system is definitely needed.

Sellsword 433 1420
  • 26 Nov
 Goof

tbh Fireproof perk solves the problem

Knight 87 142
  • 26 Nov
 Q

@thomasotje10 said:
Hell no! I have lost count of the amount of times i've gotten votekicked just for standing first place in FFA matches. The second-place player hates me and offcourse so do all the low-level noobies. Not to mention that votekicking will also be used to hijack servers.

You know i've never understood why there is even team-damage in the first place. "realism" is not good enough of a reason to keep it.

If they're gonna implement votekicking at all then i hope they will put it at atleast 75% TDMG to really make sure only assholes get kicked.

Realism is not the main reason to have team damage. I have played on Chivalry servers with no team damage, & it was absolute cancer. I have never seen so many players mindlessly swinging attacks. It just resulted in a low skill level cluster-fuck. When I went back to playing on a normal server, I felt that I had lost some brain cells in the process. My team damage for the first round or two was higher than normal. It actually turns you into a shit player. After that, I vowed to never play on a server with no team damage again.

Can the vote-kick system be abused? Yes, of course. However it is far better than the alternative. Out of all of the game modes, FFA least requires vote-kick by its very nature, as it is every man for himself. In team based modes though, all it take is one toxic player to ruin it for everyone. For example, intentionally team killing your own team mates at spawn can loose them the match.

Every time I play Mordhau, I encounter at least one troll determined to ruin the experience for everyone. Half of the time there is no admin present, & it is the only server. Plus if everyone switched server, the toxic player would just follow.

I say the sooner a vote-kick system is implemented, the better.

Count 25 102
  • 1
  • 26 Nov
 June

@Baron said:
In my opinion, you shouldn't have to migrate games to escape cancer. Toxic players should be punished and it's the admins role to do so.

If one person can ruin a game for everyone that's a problem with the game and not the "server admins"

What happens on release when all the populated servers are official servers without admins? When people realize how easy it is to ruin games they will never stop doing it.

That's why for now I'm not really interested in banning people for cancerous play. I'd rather people pull out all the bullshit now and piss everyone off while we are still here alpha testing the game. That way the game can be fixed and be in a healthy state on release.

Knight 13 23
  • 26 Nov
 last_apoc

@June said:
That's why for now I'm not really interested in banning people for cancerous play. I'd rather people pull out all the bullshit now and piss everyone off while we are still here alpha testing the game. That way the game can be fixed and be in a healthy state on release.

That's a good point. It's important to study exactly what trolls can do right now in the alpha, and hopefully have a votekick feature upon release for anything that falls through the cracks.

If, for example, someone wants to spend all game throwing firepots into the blue spawn on grad then so be it.. That will simply highlight the need for that particular issue to be addressed and almost everyone will be aware of it.

Count 430 1069
  • 26 Nov
 Hadeus

Abuse & injustice will always exist, even with a voting system.

That being said; There SHOULD be a voting system.
Furthermore, to combat vote kick injustice, there should be an admin cancelvote command.

Its really all at the administrators discretion tbh.
This form of sever governing is the best way to do it.

You will find abusive server admins and you will find the benevolent ones.
The former tends to stick around for a long time and have a larger community.

Knight 110 107
  • 26 Nov
 Peregr1ne

From my experiences in Chivalry, votekick systems get abused more than they're ever helpful. Though part of that might be because I trained on FFA servers and topped the scoreboard a lot...as an archer. Yeah..That probably doesn't help but it still shows how the votekick system can solve one problem but raise many others. Petty individuals often abuse it to get rid of people they don't like and trolls use it simply to get some laughs.

Q might have a point. Maybe votekicking is more necessary in a TO setting rather than FFA. In which case we can probably reserve the system for game modes where it is more important, like TO.

Count 430 1069
  • 26 Nov
 Hadeus

Votekick system w/out Admin present == Can be aids.
Votekick system w/Admin present == Can be aids.

No Votekick system w/Admin present == Can be aids.
No Votekick system w/out Admin present == Aids

Knight 94 169
  • 26 Nov
 Radfox

@Hadeus said:
Abuse & injustice will always exist, even with a voting system.

That being said; There SHOULD be a voting system.
Furthermore, to combat vote kick injustice, there should be an admin cancelvote command.

Its really all at the administrators discretion tbh.
This form of sever governing is the best way to do it.

You will find abusive server admins and you will find the benevolent ones.
The former tends to stick around for a long time and have a larger community.

Wait, do you mean the latter?