Mordhau

Build #20 Discussion Thread

Knight 161 229
  • 19 May
 Q

I really like the way you respawn on Frontline mode. When you can see the entire battlefield in the isometric view. Then you fly/zoom down to the ground. Really nice touch.

Knight 161 229
  • 19 May
 Q

Okay so my main two criticisms of the game at the moment are: maps, & team-fights.

On Maps:

I think Frontline is a neat game mode to have, however as someone who primarily played TO in Chiv, it doesn't really scratch the itch. Maybe if there were more meaningful objectives. At present it just feels like a glorified TDM. However I don't see why both modes can't exist. Maybe modders will make some maps. Someone also suggested a map editor, which I think is an awesome idea. Obviously that would take time to implement though, but would be totally worth it.

On Combat:

Gameplay/combat is still slow paced, especially team-fights. I put this down to combos, or lack there of. Limiting the player to only opposite-side combos just results in these overly telegraphed figures of eight patterns, that are so predictable & just dull to use & play against. It makes the game feel clunky, & limits the skill-ceiling. Never did I find this more apparent than when playing on a packed 64p FL server, surrounded by team/enemy.

988 6971
  • 11 Sep
 marox — Project Lead

This topic has been unpinned.