This topic has been pinned.

Duchess 6857 9820
  • 23 Nov '18
 Sir Zombie

Bloody love blunt gore

Knight 933 941
  • 23 Nov '18
 afiNity

We can now has Jedi Knight swing directions!

<3 marox

3 24
  • 23 Nov '18
 NotaBloodyMason

Such a shame that we can't use halberd with 3/3/0 anymore if I understood the patchnotes correctly. No more menacingly looking knights with a giant axe of death. It's a real shame honestly, since It all looked so awesome combined. I wonder, what's the reason behind this change? Was halberd over-performing or what?

Knight 460 891
  • 23 Nov '18
 wierHL

looks like I'm gonna have to fix my longbow loadout again :V

Knight 5096 6836
  • 23 Nov '18
 Humble Staff

@Sir Zombie said:
Bloody love blunt gore

This, also the changes to eveningstar or the combat in general made the weapon feel much nimble, which is awesome (idk if it's just feeling or actual speed which could be op).
Btw the staff is not breaking any limbs, i get it if you make it so it breaks people less often but when i start to smash corpses with it nothing happens. fix pls.

Knight 1269 3804
  • 23 Nov '18
 Frise

Why aren't stabs getting longer releases now that stab delays aren't a thing? If the releases were reasonable, it would be easier to reach around people's back to sidestab.

Knight 917 2523
  • 24 Nov '18
 Pred

Attacks still hit before weapon touches you.

Hits still feel disconnected when they land on you, especially the ones at close to maximum range.

Parry return to idle animation is still garbage and infuriating, some people by now pretty much made the fake riposte the base of their playstyle from what I've seen.

Chamber morph still can be succesfully gambled by stab (happened LS regular vs LS Mordhau and no, it wasn't even a drag).

Short Sword or Qstaff I still have no idea what I'm supposed to do when fighting them except try to hard read (ie. guess) everything and riposte every time I get lucky with a parry.

Halberd anims still look like a slideshow when someone get close and does all the regular feinty-morphy stuff.

Now I get a clash when trying to punish Rapier/BS feint bots instead of getting hit, so this is an upgrade I guess?

Run away whack-a-mole game after someone falls for a feint is as strong as ever.

• 25 Nov '18
 Shovonem
This comment was deleted.
Knight 685 1851
  • 26 Nov '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

The huntsman boost is a little bit too much imo.

Duchess 774 3448
  • 3 Dec '18
 Stouty

It's too easy to run to your opponent's side and tilt your lmb to release on top of your enemy, you can borderline reverse people by doing this

Conscript 183 471
  • 18 Dec '18
 Shovonem

Hopefully new players won't get chivalry reverse PTSD from that.

Conscript 4546 6277
  • 23 Dec '18
 vanguard

240 system still is a absolute pain in the ass to make work properly in the heat of the combat. I give up on it tbh, it simply isn't worth it, I won't expend a thousand hours just to master fucking attack imput, this is inconceivable. I honestly recomend you guys give binds as the default option for everyone, and leave the 240 system as a cool gimick for noobs or masochists idk, because when you play against someone that knows what to do, this system puts you in such disadvantage it isn't even funny.

301 875
  • 23 Dec '18
 Naleaus

@vanguard said:
240 system still is a absolute pain in the ass to make work properly in the heat of the combat. I give up on it tbh, it simply isn't worth it, I won't expend a thousand hours just to master fucking attack imput, this is inconceivable. I honestly recomend you guys give binds as the default option for everyone, and leave the 240 system as a cool gimick for noobs or masochists idk, because when you play against someone that knows what to do, this system puts you in such disadvantage it isn't even funny.

While it's not as good as straight binds, I don't have nearly as much issue as you seem to with 240. Granted I only use it for slashes and underhands, and mostly just for chambering, but I truly really don't have complaints about it in general use.

Mercenary 1076 1997

@vanguard said:

I'm using a mix of binds (just for underhands and overheads) and 240, and it's pretty manageable. I don't like using full binds because I'm not aspiring to be a competitive player anyway and I enjoy the free flowing feel of the 240 system. The one thing I would like to change is comboing into attacks from the same side, for example being able to combo a right slash into a right overhead.

1059 1697

Alot of people will feint an attack then move to the opposite side of you and start a new attack.

If you use 240 to counter you look a bit away from them and it's hard to turn back and catch up as they circle strafe... their attack will usually hit you first and they don't need to have a fast weapon to feel confident doing this.

I really don't know why I still use 240.

Conscript 4546 6277
  • 24 Dec '18
 vanguard

@Naleaus said:

@vanguard said:

While it's not as good as straight binds, I don't have nearly as much issue as you seem to with 240. Granted I only use it for slashes and underhands, and mostly just for chambering, but I truly really don't have complaints about it in general use.

My issue is that when I want to footwork and attack at the same time I can't move the mouse in the direction I wanna go AND at the same time windup X attack. Its frustrating as fuck while it brings basically nothing good to the gameplay.

Besides I'll say again, if the 240 system is the default, new players will destroy themselves trying to learn it, only to find out that real comp bois that actually get good use binds. They will have to learn the game again, literally, as I can tell from my own experience now that I'm using binds and I'm having to learn how to chamber all over again.

It is objectivelly impossible to have 100% consistent attack imput with it and footwork at the same time. Eventually you will fuck up the direction, it is simply unavoidable due the nature of mouse movement footwork requires.

It is a cool nooby gimmick at best, and a infuriating conceptually broken mechanic that will cause tons of frustration at its worse, making people re-learn the game for no reason at all, a absolute waste of time. I don't think it is worth it, it brings nothing good to the table in the end.

Yes, I am salty with this tbh. I want to love this system but its just so fucking annoying, instead of fighting my opponent I'm fighting the goddamn 240 system. I'm especially salty now that I'm having to create muscle memory to chamber all over again. I won't use the 240 not even for chambers because again, fucking inconsistent when you add footwork to the mix.

Conscript 4546 6277
  • 24 Dec '18
 vanguard

But other than the 240 thingy, the game has never been better imho. Looks AMAZING, the gore is 10/10, climbing is fun as fuck and everything is beautiful, is this real life even wtf

Can't talk about weapon balance because I haven't explored things yet, but I noticed Frise is using Bastard Sword now instead of the longsword, so there must be some cheap fuckery going on with it otherwise he wouldn't touch it lmao

Knight 1269 3804
  • 24 Dec '18
 Frise

@vanguard said:
but I noticed Frise is using Bastard Sword

lmao it cheap