Mordhau

The ghostswing problem

396 453
  • 18 Nov '18
 JasonBourne

Here are some example`s of the ghost swing problem in the game, and it happened more frequently then previous patches:

Also when this happens u get a huge stamina penalty for it.

Another issue I feel is, the recovery animation that floats into u looking like an attack swing. This is very confusing and forces u to parry, I`ll see if I find a good video example I will post here.

heres a recent one:

Knight 925 2541
  • 18 Nov '18
 Pred

Can confirm.

I mean, those are separate problems - ghosts on strikes popped up on patch 18 (there are also ghosts on stabs after stab drags got stomped, but this is animation issue), while ghosts on returning to idle have been in game forever.

But yeah, can confirm both.

3 1
  • 18 Nov '18
 Misu

More like problems related to high ping. Both videos are from fights vs russians with 70 + pings so I guess weird hits are to be expected

Mercenary 224 559
  • 19 Nov '18
 Izıl

These ghost swings have been a problem since at least patch 16

Count 238 267

I think the first video your weapon hits the wall to your right which might explain the effect.

396 453
  • 20 Dec '18
 JasonBourne

Added another video

4 2
  • 20 Dec '18
 repent

why are you listening to cassisdead on the 2nd video .. how do u even know that music

Count 238 267

@JasonBourne said:
Added another video

I tried to watch this frame by frame and it appears that you missed by a hair. In addition as your overhead was in attack phase you had several screen tears that shows the difference in distance from what would have been a hit into an actual miss. You might want to try turning on Vsync or Gsync if you have it to see if you see a difference. That may also kill your FPS. Since you didnt have stat_fps enabled in your console, there is no way to tell what your frame rate was and since there was clearly a few screen tears. This is typical of a system that might not be able to produce smooth frames and frame rates so you might want to turn down some of the graphic settings.

5 1

maybe the problem is that the guy is twisted in too much for the attack and the weapon just swing trough the player thus it is so close to the charater that can be seen in the second and third video and in the first video trying to hit that guy with a two handed sword you can hear a hit way before the sword swing close to the player maybe that hit went in to the wall couse they are fighting to close to it.

529 278

@Misu said:
More like problems related to high ping. Both videos are from fights vs russians with 70 + pings so I guess weird hits are to be expected

You are calling 70 ping high? I've been gaming for decades, I don't ever remember having 70 ping XD

529 278

@Christian2222 said:

@Misu said:

You are calling 70 ping high? I've been gaming for decades, I don't ever remember having 70 ping XD I would love 70 ping on some of the games I play.

Knight 925 2541
 Pred

There is a lot of ghost swings now. In some of the earlier patches I don't really recally ever seeing them (not counting the animation mismatch on the end of stabs we had for months) and now it's just one after another.

Strangely enough, they seem to happen on some players more often than others, as yesterday I had 3 in one round of TDM, all on the same player. I know there were player-specific issues before, like people having very stuttery movement, so maybe it's similar.