Mordhau

Is there a way to fight multiple bots alone?

1890 914

I would like to train fighting agaisnt multiple opponents at the same time. But there doesn't seem to be a setting that allows me to place bots only on the enemy team.

Knight 28 67
  • 3 Nov '18
 Vegust

Type AddBotsTeam <Number of bots> > <0 for red team, 1 for blue team>

Knight 475 1684
  • 4 Nov '18
 Mittsies

just keep in mind the bots are extremely dumb and are a terrible representation of what a real 1vX fight will feel like

1890 914

@Vegust said:
Type AddBotsTeam <Number of bots> > <0 for red team, 1 for blue team>

Thank you!

1890 914

@Mittsies said:
just keep in mind the bots are extremely dumb and are a terrible representation of what a real 1vX fight will feel like

Aw that's unfortunate, they do seem a hell of a lot smarter and fun to fight than the bots in Chivalry.

Conscript 4301 5563
  • 4 Nov '18
 vanguard

@roshawnmarcellterrell said:

@Mittsies said:

Aw that's unfortunate, they do seem a hell of a lot smarter and fun to fight than the bots in Chivalry.

They are man, I think that they kinda do a good job simulating a few human fighting characteristics, like failing to read feints for example.

The problem is that if you study how they fight as you usually do against another player, his fighting style gets predictable real fast. But I think they are still impressive and will give a hard time to new players, that is, they also have good educational possibilities.

I love the bots, they are amazing! I'm so glad this game has them tbh.

1890 914

@vanguard said:
I'm so glad this game has them tbh.

Me too.

Knight 475 1684
  • 5 Nov '18
 Mittsies

Mordhau should have a highly-customizable training mode, similar to fighting games, where you can control virtually every attribute of the game and customize the bot's behavior in a convenient menu. Something as simple as making a bot constantly morph, drag, or feint over and over without moving can be an incredibly valuable way to learn how techniques are performed (and how to deal with them) in a controlled environment. Another feature that'd be nice would be a split-screen mode where you position a camera somewhere on the map so you can watch yourself from another angle. This could be extremely useful for seeing how convincing your feints look, etc.

1890 914

@Mittsies said:
Mordhau should have a highly-customizable training mode, similar to fighting games, where you can control virtually every attribute of the game and customize the bot's behavior in a convenient menu. Something as simple as making a bot constantly morph, drag, or feint over and over without moving can be an incredibly valuable way to learn how techniques are performed (and how to deal with them) in a controlled environment. Another feature that'd be nice would be a split-screen mode where you position a camera somewhere on the map so you can watch yourself from another angle. This could be extremely useful for seeing how convincing your feints look, etc.

Good ideas.

Duke 659 949
  • 2 Jan
 Stumpy

could be good.
But would it not be bad if everyone started playing local games with highly advanced bots and training there to manipulate animations with drags in order to abuse animation system so they can trick people instead of training with actual players and growing as a community that plays and learns together?

Knight 475 1684
  • 2 Jan
 Mittsies

@Stumpy said:
could be good.
But would it not be bad if everyone started playing local games with highly advanced bots and training there to manipulate animations with drags in order to abuse animation system so they can trick people instead of training with actual players and growing as a community that plays and learns together?

Bots don't hurt fighting-game communities, so I doubt it'd hurt Mordhau. You can only learn very specific things from bots, it's really no replacement for fighting against an actual player.

Sellsword 460 1479
  • 2 Jan
 Goof

They parry attacks from behind.

1vX against bots is really not a good idea

Baron 1465 1901

@Mittsies said:

They should just copy/paste Perfect Dark combat simulator.

In fact Mordhau should take place within a simulation like assassins creed. This would explain why quivers turn people into balloons and such nonsense.

Knight 8 7
  • 4 Jan
 Gluten

@roshawnmarcellterrell said:

@Mittsies said:

They are really bad at reading kicks. You can stand in place and kick them until they die.

Knight 475 1684
  • 4 Jan
 Mittsies

@yourcrippledson said:
This would explain why quivers turn people into balloons and such nonsense.

found the cswic alt

Duke 659 949
 Stumpy

How to get 30-0 vs bots.
Equip maul.
Aim for head
Walk towards bot, bot will walk towards you.
The first thing the bot will do is attack you when you are in range. That means when you're ALREADY in range, and only then will they start their attack.
The trick is to start you attack before they/and you is within range so your attack lands on them when they are winding up/early release phase, clonk them in the head they will be ded. Super simple, try it and you will see how easy it is.
It's actually the same way as killing all of the arena combatants in Mount and Blade. Just charge at them, charge your attack early and hit them when they are in range they wont be able to do anything.
If anyone wants to see i can make a video of me clonking 30 bots without dying.

Baron 1465 1901

@Stumpy said:
How to get 30-0 vs bots.
Equip maul.
Aim for head
Walk towards bot, bot will walk towards you.
The first thing the bot will do is attack you when you are in range. That means when you're ALREADY in range, and only then will they start their attack.
The trick is to start you attack before they/and you is within range so your attack lands on them when they are winding up/early release phase, clonk them in the head they will be ded. Super simple, try it and you will see how easy it is.
It's actually the same way as killing all of the arena combatants in Mount and Blade. Just charge at them, charge your attack early and hit them when they are in range they wont be able to do anything.
If anyone wants to see i can make a video of me clonking 30 bots without dying.

But... can you kill 50 bots without dying?

Duke 659 949
  • 5 Jan
 Stumpy

probably yes

Baron 1465 1901

@Stumpy said:
probably yes

do a video of that