Knight 3135 7293
Knight 925 2541
  • 3 Nov '18
 Pred

Has the server lag issue been fixed?

Knight 41 35
  • 5 Nov '18
 Fürst von Butz

Glad to see that you are working on the jumping mechanics, it was really floaty.

Knight 567 1922
  • 11 Nov '18
 LuxCandidus

I am not thrilled to see absurd drags and accels make a return this patch. Some Chivalry tier ridiculous drags have been made possible, and the phrase 'instant attack' has once again become pertinent with ripostes lasting only a few frames in some cases. I should not have to tell you how heavily this deters new players, both in being visually unappealing and in requiring hundreds of hours to discern drags and accels from normal attacks.

Another reason I dislike it is because it has further shifted the meta into the Chivalryesque "show me your least readable attack and I will show you mine" where, rather than trying to overwhelm the opponent with aggressive attacking and chambering, player A sits patiently while player B does his string of feints, morphs, and drags in an attempt to bait a parry until finally committing to an attack, and if player A managed to read all of it correctly, it is now his turn to try and skewer the animations in the hopes his opponent parries.

Do not get me wrong, patience and the ability to read your opponent should definitely have their place in the game as skills, but I feel you have strayed from your original vision of the game being all about aggression and overwhelming your opponent as both players rush to get an attack in, out of a fear the top players will cry gambling and be bitter over their inability to drag absurdly like they could in Chivalry. Rather than making this into Chivalry with a new coat of paint, let it be its own game. Stick to your original vision, as it is a thousand times more gratifying; Chambers being preferrable to parries; Chamber morphing; The focus being on aggression as opposed to confusion.

Knight 925 2541
  • 11 Nov '18
 Pred

OMG, after a long break combat looks even worse than I remembered. The one 3rd person guy that I know of makes every single attack an eyesore.

Animations are bad and as long as groundsniffing, violent head and/or side-to-side torso snaps are beneficial, game will be unwatchable to anyone who doesn't have the Chivalry Stockholm syndrome.

1084 6143
  • 11 Nov '18
 crushed — Art

New Patch 19 is up, which fixes some things in regards to swing manipulation/insta hits and reverts it to Patch 17 state

985 6954
  • 11 Nov '18
 marox — Project Lead

@LuxCandidus said:
I am not thrilled to see absurd drags and accels make a return this patch. Some Chivalry tier ridiculous drags have been made possible, and the phrase 'instant attack' has once again become pertinent with ripostes lasting only a few frames in some cases. I should not have to tell you how heavily this deters new players, both in being visually unappealing and in requiring hundreds of hours to discern drags and accels from normal attacks.

This was a bug in #18, not a feature

1308 2875
  • 11 Nov '18
 Monsteri

We Viet Cong now.

629760_20181111212253_1.png629760_20181111212343_1.png

Knight 224 514
  • 11 Nov '18
 Duckalot

-Chase mechanic now only works with a melee weapon in hands, and chase mechanic from the front is now enabled if opponent doesn’t have a melee weapon

You took my advice. Im thrilled! <3

Knight 925 2541
  • 11 Nov '18
 Pred

Cleaver yet another cancer weapon, congratulations.

Just remove dodge at least, it looks like server is lagging, it's stupid and just unnecessary. In Chiv at least you were immediately able to tell who can dodge. I have no idea why are you so hell bent on porting every single thing from Chivalry - that is except the one thing that made Chivalry so playable, ie. Team Objective.

30 42
  • 11 Nov '18
 Vaygr

I like the font and color of the "E" but there is probably an even better fit for the game. People are of course going full Bob the builder mania and are making nests for archers in trees.

Baron 2357 3387
  • 12 Nov '18
 Xekratos

The game has just become Forthau/Mordnite

Duke 5483 13094
  • 12 Nov '18
 Jax — Community Manager

fortknight

Baron 2357 3387
  • 12 Nov '18
 Xekratos

Hey, that's pretty good.

Knight 925 2541
  • 16 Nov '18
 Pred

One person who wants to throw firepots is still enough to turn the whole round into a shitfest. Area denial looks nice on paper, but in reality everyone just throws them into chokepoints or fighting people. Having to wait out fire at the spawn gate after every respawn is super fun.

985 6954
  • 23 Nov '18
 marox — Project Lead

This topic has been closed.