Mordhau

PATCH 18 LIVE BUILD IS PLAYABLE - OPT IN TO BETA ON STEAM

Knight 761 3291
  • 25 Oct '18
 Mittsies

@ÐMontyleGueux said:
But it takes training and coordination to pull it off

Whether or not something takes coordination to do is irrelevant if it dumbs down the game once you can do it consistently. Early-chamber spam with morph-matching made defense way too streamlined once you were able to do it properly. You effectively became immune to feints and you barely had to worry about drags.

Sellsword 694 2187
  • 25 Oct '18
 Goof

Chamber lockout fixed
Crossbow buffed
Short bow increased draw time

The only good things I see here imo

Knight 685 1851
  • 25 Oct '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

But I though the point of the new chamber was to give the option to defend yourself against feints for an increased cost of stam. Then you want the morph to chamber removed because it does exactly what you want it to do.

You could then argue that chambers should be removed because they makes you immune to feints.

Knight 693 1593
  • 25 Oct '18
 das

Morph chamber made you immune to EVERYTHING. In patch 18, I literally stamina checkmate people by just LMBing them and crutch-defending all their counterattacks if I have significant stam advantage. Doesn't matter if you're Tempest or Vq or whatever these new comp clans are named, you can't outplay your way against my impenetrable chamber -> morph chamber without me making a serious fuck up (e.g. not footworking so you land a drag against me or I miss or something equallt silly). When I use Zwei, my morph windows are so long that even then I can often morph chamber against drags or, hey, FTP them.

Guaranteed defenses are really bad outside of duels too, because I can basically be a castle wall in Xv1 or stall hilariously long if I have enough stamina while my teammate catches up.

Knight 117 243
  • 26 Oct '18
 Radfox

Is this where all my fellow North Americans went? All the servers are empty all the time except for like two European ones, and the ping is so atrocious there's not even a point.

Knight 693 1593
  • 26 Oct '18
 das

yes and, if you're west coast, your only option is a 112 ping New Jersey server

15 43
  • 26 Oct '18
 EggzOvrEZ

huntsman nerfed - Nuuuu, my throwing axe main dreams are RUINED

Duke 5477 13081
  • 26 Oct '18
 Jax — Community Manager

@das said:
yes and, if you're west coast, your only option is a 112 ping New Jersey server

not anymore. dallas server is up

Knight 685 1851
  • 26 Oct '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

@EggzOvrEZ said:
huntsman nerfed - Nuuuu, my throwing axe main dreams are RUINED

I'm not too happy about that one either, it was a great way to limit the number of archers. As soon as too much enemies went ranged, I just had to pick my archery cleansing loadout to convince then to play melee again.

Maybe it would be balanced if huntsman affect people wearing a quiver and people using the huntsman perk, so that an anti-archer would be vulnerable while a regular melee loadout with a couple of axes on the side wouldn't.

1084 6143
  • 26 Oct '18
 crushed — Art

The huntsman nerf will be reduced, throwable projectile damage against quiver will be 175% rather than 150%

Mercenary 1118 2039
  • 26 Oct '18
 TheKingInTheNorth

So nobody in EU is actually on this patch? I've waited for an hour yesterday at a time where player numbers usually peak, but nobody was playing.

Sellsword 694 2187
  • 26 Oct '18
 Goof

Crossbow feels nice now, however the reload speed seems a little too fast.

not a huge fan of the changes made to Grad.

Combat feels weird, like it's floaty.

The return of chamber lockout is a blessing.

Longbow draw speed doesn't seem any longer than before.

I can have dodge and a greatsword at the same time now because balance

Knight 466 909
  • 26 Oct '18
 wierHL

@TheKingInTheNorth said:
So nobody in EU is actually on this patch? I've waited for an hour yesterday at a time where player numbers usually peak, but nobody was playing.

Just gimme a second I need to get home from college first I NEED A SECOND
second.PNG

45 52
  • 26 Oct '18
 Cow

Well i liked morph to chamber it was not an absolute immunity to feint but now you can only morph to parry, reads morph, or gamble. But you still can't punish morph. i don't know to be honest parrys still get more rewarding than chambers feels bad :(

1308 2875
  • 26 Oct '18
 Monsteri

Chambers are a great offensive mixup all the while being a soft-read of any feints. Compare the offensive potential between chambering and parrying 1v1 - one lets you only riposte, and although it's a strong attack due to its current draggability (a good thing), with chambers you can morph, morph feint, or have an extremely quick attack, and the morphs can be dragged as well.

Your bread and butter is the parry, but occasionally you will want to chamber for its soft-reads and feint capability. Players not as good at reading feints can chamber more often to help them deal with that.

Chambers are in the best spot they've been so far in the game's lifespan, that's for sure.

Duchess 774 3449
  • 26 Oct '18
 Stouty

update from big c

New build is up

Some of the changes:
-Various optimizations & reduction in spikes
-Fixed some grad collisions
-Morphs now have a maximum morph window, currently 450ms. This means that very late morphs on bigger weapons with long windups are nerfed without affecting the rest
-Morph animation blending made smoother
-Feint animation slowed down slightly & feint forward animation offset reduced slightly (this will make them more readable)
-Third person weapon switch animations more accurate to the lockout
-Fixed parry forward range being too low, adjusted parry width slightly
-Decreased parry knockback slightly, increased Flinch knockback slightly
-Beartrap point cost reduced to 2 points, decreased placement time by 50ms
-Plate armor movement speed buffed, slowdown now 15.5% total (6.5/6.5/2.5) (18 previously)
-Lowered horse turd spawn chance
-Horse reduced bump damage on light & medium by 5, armored by 15 (from 45 to 30), increased bump movement slowdown very slightly
-Improved horse footstep sounds
-Shields no longer have forward parry on the character block box itself like timed parries do. However they still use the shield hitbox to forward parry.
-Crouch speed up
-Tweaked horse controls slightly
-New fist animations
-New fist timings
-Can now draw archer weapons in spawns
-Billhook main mode stab can now pull riders
-Fixed sound bug on executioner sword
-Huntsman thrown projectile damage buffed from 150% to 175% dmg bonus
-Fixed an invalid Horse Spawn on TDM_Grad_64 that caused a huge performance drop
-Clash colliders no longer attach which makes all movement/animations a little cheaper on the CPU
-Reworked sliding spark calculations (clashes etc) to be cheaper and not rely on clash colliders, and also made them more accurate
-Server no longer checks for sliding sparks which was unnecessary
-Profiling enabled for this build so there might be some new fps drops

Servers now have a proper TDM rotation

Knight 925 2541
  • 26 Oct '18
 Pred

I'm getting some weird split-second freeze frames when I'm doing anything else than walking.

Happens every time in spectate, when I'm changing spectated person.

Knight 2239 4025
  • 27 Oct '18
 Runagate

I really do not like the changes made to Grad. I much preferred the look of natural obstacles protecting the castle. Now it just looks very plain and uninteresting.

Knight 685 1851
  • 27 Oct '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

@Stouty said:
update from big c

New build is up

Some of the changes:

Noooo, they were already so rare !

Count 164 303
  • 28 Oct '18
 ColonelMustache

@ÐMontyleGueux said:

@Stouty said:
update from big c

New build is up

Some of the changes:

Noooo, they were already so rare !

If only they would add some way to consistently produce horse turds...Like, for example, adding it to the peasant weapon list.