Mordhau

PATCH 18 LIVE BUILD IS PLAYABLE - OPT IN TO BETA ON STEAM

Duchess 782 3460
  • 20 Oct '18
 Stouty

Update from papa C:

Internal builds are now live, patch 18 preview test build can now be accessed on steam. To download, right click Mordhau in your steam library and go to Properties, under Betas opt into the testing branch. Everyone has access to this, if it does not start the download, restart Steam.

Internal builds may have experimental changes and unfinished stuff

Heres a bunch of changes to test:

-Huge loading time improvements
-64 player mode enabled
-Various map improvements including grad expansion
-Sound improvements across the board & 1 new voice
-Performance improvements
-New weapon: Cleaver
-Bubble is no longer sticky
-Morph matching removed
-Morph window reduced 25ms and stamina increased
-Ripostes now have strike release curve
-Parry/Block box depth reduced by about 50%
-Shield backpedal nerf
-Movement friction snappier by 1
-Stab early release increased
-Chamber lockout bug fixed
-Chamber window reduced 50ms
-Some animation improvements (polearm handles, combos, horse rider attacks with 2h etc, feints, blocked/chambered animations)
-Big ragdoll improvements
-Miss & Wall hit recoveries reduced 100ms, hitting walls no longer puts you into walk
-Third person camera adjustments
-Archer adjustments
-Crossbow buffed
-Longbow & recurve bow draw times slowed down slightly, sway adjusted
-Switching from a archer weapon to melee now has a switch slowdown ontop
-Huntsman perk nerfed for throwables
-Various more changes

Would it be possible to get test servers for the current build so we can give combat related feedback before the next patch goes live?

Conscript 704 1523
  • 20 Oct '18
 ohshitsorry

I don't know.

Duchess 6878 9842
  • 20 Oct '18
 Sir Zombie

It will come at some point. Possibly™

Knight 765 3306
  • 21 Oct '18
 Mittsies

The answer is yes, according to marox:

@marox said:
We would also have a 2-tiered update system, where the update would first be in the testing branch on Steam.

https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/13710/#c3

Duchess 782 3460
  • 21 Oct '18
 Stouty

@Mittsies said:
The answer is yes, according to marox:

@marox said:
We would also have a 2-tiered update system, where the update would first be in the testing branch on Steam.

https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/13710/#c3

he was referring to post release

Duchess 782 3460
  • 24 Oct '18
 Stouty

GO PLAY, WE DID IT REDDIT!!!!!!

Internal builds are now live, patch 18 preview test build can now be accessed on steam. To download, right click Mordhau in your steam library and go to Properties, under Betas opt into the testing branch. Everyone has access to this, if it does not start the download, restart Steam.

Internal builds may have experimental changes and unfinished stuff

Heres a bunch of changes to test:

-Huge loading time improvements
-64 player mode enabled
-Various map improvements including grad expansion
-Sound improvements across the board & 1 new voice
-Performance improvements
-Bubble is no longer sticky
-Morph matching removed
-Morph window reduced 25ms and stamina increased
-Ripostes now have strike release curve
-Parry/Block box depth reduced by about 50%
-Shield backpedal nerf
-Movement friction snappier by 1
-Stab early release increased
-Chamber lockout bug fixed
-Chamber window reduced 50ms
-Some animation improvements (polearm handles, combos, horse rider attacks with 2h etc, feints, blocked/chambered animations)
-Big ragdoll improvements
-Miss & Wall hit recoveries reduced 100ms, hitting walls no longer puts you into walk
-Third person camera adjustments
-Archer adjustments
-Crossbow buffed
-Longbow & recurve bow draw times slowed down slightly, sway adjusted
-Switching from a archer weapon to melee now has a switch slowdown ontop
-Huntsman perk nerfed for throwables
-Various more changes

Knight 30 65
  • 24 Oct '18
 last_apoc

I am very happy to see this. Good on the Devs for making this happen!

Knight 100 370
  • 24 Oct '18
 McMercy

Chef says thanks
ChefPB.png

Knight 44 46
  • 24 Oct '18
 BasedPatriot

looks bad

Conscript 4558 6299
  • 25 Oct '18
 vanguard

This is quite the big thing! Maybe it is worth to make a official announcement tbh, or a pinned thread with the most recent changes etc.

Count 164 303
  • 25 Oct '18
 ColonelMustache

Lute and Bear Trap are now available to peasants. This makes me happy.

I hope that huge rock gets added to the peasant list, too. I mean, it's presumably going to be a map pickup, right?

Knight 474 916
  • 25 Oct '18
 wierHL

can't play or even download patch because uni internet won't allow Steam

probably for good reason tho

notpepe.png

Knight 161 227
  • 25 Oct '18
 Q

Cool. Nice one, devs.

Knight 685 1852
  • 25 Oct '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

Very nice. We can discuss combat changes before they make it to the live build.
Speaking of which, not having morph to chamber anymore feels terrible. Why was it removed ?

1121 1763

Morph to chamber removal seems dubious to me, but I imagine this was to stop letting people who spam stab gambles gain an edge by simply morphing their gamble to match a riposte or such. Less spam overall?

Would have to play to decide if I like it or not.

Knight 765 3306
  • 25 Oct '18
 Mittsies

@ÐMontyleGueux said:
not having morph to chamber anymore feels terrible. Why was it removed ?

@Lionheart Chevalier said:
Morph to chamber removal seems dubious to me

In the current patch you can just mindlessly early-chamber everything, which means you can basically ignore feints and drags and just gamble non-stop. The main problem is that the chamber window is huge now. Morph-matching wasn't a problem back when the chamber window was very small. This is just one of those situations where if you change one aspect of the game, then other aspects of the game become fundamentally broken, and you have to decide whether to revert the changes or just keep changing more things until it works.

Knight 685 1852
  • 25 Oct '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

@Mittsies said:

@ÐMontyleGueux said:

In the current patch you can just mindlessly early-chamber everything, which means you can basically ignore feints and drags and just gamble non-stop. The main problem is that the chamber window is huge now. Morph-matching wasn't a problem back when the chamber window was very small. This is just one of those situations where if you change one aspect of the game, then other aspects of the game become fundamentally broken, and you have to decide whether to revert the changes or just keep changing more things until it works.

But it takes training and coordination to pull it off, it's not like you had just a single button to press. I couldn't do it often but when I did, I felt like I was getting better in the game, from struggling to identify angles to actually morphing to the right attack in a heartbeat to chamber. Now it gets dumbed down to ftp systematically. I will definitely miss it.

239 289
  • 25 Oct '18
 idiotgod

@ÐMontyleGueux said:

@Mittsies said:

@ÐMontyleGueux said:

But it takes training and coordination to pull it off, it's not like you had just a single button to press. I couldn't do it often but when I did, I felt like I was getting better in the game, from struggling to identify angles to actually morphing to the right attack in a heartbeat to chamber. Now it gets dumbed down to ftp systematically. I will definitely miss it.

keep dumbing down the combat in an attempt to make chamber fit I guess?

1308 2875
  • 25 Oct '18
 Monsteri

@ÐMontyleGueux said:

@Mittsies said:

@ÐMontyleGueux said:

Low skill cap

Knight 693 1593
  • 25 Oct '18
 das

Morph chamber is pretty brainless. Now I actually have to read morphs instead of braindead crutching on morph chamber.

It's not dumbed down, offense became more viable again, and the necessity to read for morphs and feints became more important again. Stop chamber -> FTPing, morph feints will fuck you up and while still really gradual, more and more players are starting to realize its potency now that chambers are being nerfed more and more.

Morph chambering has an initial skill barrier, but once you can do it, there isn't much depth to it. No mind gaming or reading you have to do (well, beyond reading only a fraction of the windup with no care for feinting).