Mordhau

The Female Question

Mercenary 1125 2068
  • 20 Dec '18
 TheKingInTheNorth

@Duguesclin said:

@TheKingInTheNorth said:
Women warriors exist in Mordhau lore and that should really be the end of the discussion tbqh.

Person A : Why add women in Mordhau ?
Person B : Because we add women in Mordhau and that should really be the end of the discussion tbqh.

Person A is asking a stupid question, person B gives a stupid answer.

Any more questions?

301 875
  • 20 Dec '18
 Naleaus

Just settle this stupid fucking useless argument with some lore.

Mordhau takes place in a world similar in most respects to ours, but different in a few key ways. Unlike Earth, planet Xoram has weaker gravity, as evidenced by how you float a bit while jumping, or your momentum when swinging a large weapon throws your forward.

This also leads the human-like Geaches to have differing physiology. Muscle mass between the genders are overall more similar, with less variance outside of appearance between individuals. This is evidenced by consistent hit to kills, weak archer damage, and people taking a few big hits to die.

Unfortunately, Geaches never mastered smithing (though they were skilled at building with rocks) so their armor is weaker than our equivalents, which is why plate armor is pierced by arrows.

Also, there are no children, new Geach bodies are summoned to hold the souls of ones that died in battle by their God, Hsurc. A fickle and stubborn God, who answers no prayers and watches the fighting for enjoyment, pleased with how everything looks perfect from a distance. He tinkers from afar, but still the Geaches cry for vision and reasoning.

There, now it's all justified and we can move on, ok?

Count 331 1394
  • 20 Dec '18
 RingMaster

@Naleaus said:

Mordhau takes place in a world similar in most respects to ours, but different in a few key ways. Unlike Earth, planet Xoram has weaker gravity, as evidenced by how you float a bit while jumping, or your momentum when swinging a large weapon throws your forward.

This also leads the human-like Geaches to have differing physiology. Muscle mass between the genders are overall more similar, with less variance outside of appearance between individuals. This is evidenced by consistent hit to kills, weak archer damage, and people taking a few big hits to die.

Unfortunately, Geaches never mastered smithing, so their armor is weaker than our equivalents, which is why plate armor is pierced by arrows.

Also, there are no children, new Geach bodies are summoned to hold the souls of ones that died in battle by their God, Hsurc. A fickle and stubborn God, who answers no prayers and watches the fighting for enjoyment, pleased with how everything looks perfect from afar. He tinkers from afar, but still the Geaches cry for vision and reasoning.

he did it, he solved it.

Knight 2247 4038
  • 20 Dec '18
 Runagate

@Duguesclin said:

@Runagate said:
Also proof of it is weapons and armour that existed 500 years apart from each other are seen used in the very same battlefields. If it was our world there would indeed be no female knights or vikings with zweihänders in the same fight. But you don't seem to understand this.

Tell me, how do you go from "knights from different periods of the medieval age" to "knights from another world" ?
With female knights.
Females knights don't respect any of the laws of our world (historical for all the medieval era as social, moral, biological,...) while knights of different period of time just makes anachronism within the medieval age and within the chivalry/fighting elite. That's why people will have to say "it's another world" in order to justify the fact there is women. But without them, there is absolutely no evidence it's not our world.

ps: I don't think a lot of people will use vikings with zweihänders (if not only because there is plenty of other combinations).

Why does fiction need to respect the laws of our world?

Knight 3135 7293
  • 20 Dec '18
 Punzybobo

hey idiothau...... if femals are so good, why does tf2 not have any?????

this post was made by MGTOW gamer gang

Mercenary 2188 3902
  • 20 Dec '18
 EruTheTeapot

I wish I was in a world this thread didn't exist.

Knight 5110 6856
  • 20 Dec '18
 Humble Staff

I wish i was in a world where kids don't go to a few rethoric classes and then think they are hot shit and debate for months in a videogame forum.

Knight 99 263
  • 20 Dec '18
 GAYFISH

@Naleaus said:

Unfortunately, Geaches never mastered smithing (though they were skilled at building with rocks) so their armor is weaker than our equivalents, which is why plate armor is pierced by arrows.

Also, there are no children, new Geach bodies are summoned to hold the souls of ones that died in battle by their God, Hsurc. A fickle and stubborn God, who answers no prayers and watches the fighting for enjoyment, pleased with how everything looks perfect from a distance. He tinkers from afar, but still the Geaches cry for vision and reasoning.

Is this canon? Cuz that'd be fucking hilarious

Knight 2247 4038
  • 20 Dec '18
 Runagate

yes

Count 171 246

@Mittsies said:
This thread is still goin, huh? Guess I'll repost this:

females_in_mordhauy.png

Such old school sliders. Where is the one for camel toe ?

132 56
  • 21 Dec '18
 Duguesclin

@Naleaus said:

Funny but that change nothing. Gameplay arrangements for the sake of the support can't justify a change of world. Your whole lore is justified by the fact there will be females. That's a tautology.

Conscript 4546 6279
  • 21 Dec '18
 vanguard

Tautology huh, pretty rare to see this word online tbh. Funny to see someone who is obviously educated saying so much mad shit online about women in game

132 56
  • 21 Dec '18
 Duguesclin

@Runagate said:
Why does fiction need to respect the laws of our world?

For the same reason you don't want a scenery with magic carpets in the sky.
A game is made by rules which create its identity.
Artist create more interesting works when they have constraints.

301 875
  • 22 Dec '18
 Naleaus

@Duguesclin said:
Funny but that change nothing. Gameplay arrangements for the sake of the support can't justify a change of world. Your whole lore is justified by the fact there will be females. That's a tautology.

It would be a tautology if I said "Women exist in the game because they exist in the game." What I did was give reasons that they are capable of fighting equally to males in Mordhau using what is already in the game, along with reasoning for a bunch of other weird shit that currently exists in the game. And I can justify this taking place in a different world because they never said it took place on Earth and it doesn't particularly seem like it. Some real uncanny valley shit going on in the game.

But regardless, I'm not trying to have a serious argument with you. I don't give a fuck about your immersion, and I don't care about your reasoning. It's a game, not particularly realistic, and you can just not play if it bothers you that much.

Knight 762 3300
  • 22 Dec '18
 Mittsies

Duguesclin we can see you are very passionate about your views, but unfortunately you're never going to win this debate. Women will be added to Mordhau and there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it. You can look forward to hearing the battlefield full of womanly moans and shrill, ear-piercing female screams. I'm sure at least one of the characters will have a "you lost to a girl? tee hee" or "you fight like a man!" type lines, especially because the male voices have equally-cliche "you mad bro?" and "come at me bro" lines. I'm sure people will run around with helmets off to show off their pretty hair and cute faces. I'm sure ToLazy4Name will RDM anyone using a female character until he's inevitably banned again. I'm sure boner will roleplay as a hunched-over old hag and do his old medieval woman voice on discord. I'm sure there will be female tomatoes to keep the male tomatoes company so they'll stop screaming WHERE PATCHIE for a little while. I'm sure people will figure out a way to edit their game files to remove female voices or force male-only models client-side. And most of all, I'm sure people will complain about it 'till the cows come home, and then some.

Knight 5110 6856
  • 22 Dec '18
 Humble Staff

@Mittsies said:
Duguesclin we can see you are very passionate about your views, but unfortunately you're never going to win this debate. Women will be added to Mordhau and there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it. You can look forward to hearing the battlefield full of womanly moans and shrill, ear-piercing female screams. I'm sure at least one of the characters will have a "you lost to a girl? tee hee" or "you fight like a man!" type lines, especially because the male voices have equally-cliche "you mad bro?" and "come at me bro" lines. I'm sure people will run around with helmets off to show off their pretty hair and cute faces. I'm sure ToLazy4Name will RDM anyone using a female character until he's inevitably banned again. I'm sure boner will roleplay as a hunched-over old hag and do his old medieval woman voice on discord. I'm sure there will be female tomatoes to keep the male tomatoes company so they'll stop screaming WHERE PATCHIE for a little while. I'm sure people will figure out a way to edit their game files to remove female voices or force male-only models client-side. And most of all, I'm sure people will complain about it 'till the cows come home, and then some.

This coment is art.
I would give you more likes if i could.

Knight 2603 6900
  • 22 Dec '18
 Rattsknecht

@Humble Staff said:

@Mittsies said:

This coment is art.
I would give you more likes if i could.

Knight 3296 6740
  • 23 Dec '18
 Bodkin

@Mittsies said: