Mordhau

The Female Question

2 1
  • 7 Dec '18
 StudioKimchi

@AngelEyes said:
Women are more prevalent in gaming than they were 10 years ago. Not adding them Would be a terrible consumer decision, realism arguement is pretty pointless. Go play KCD for that it’s a great game.

On the other hand I like the idea of tying them into perks

Sorry to necro, but why not just a flat dmg nerf (maybe 3-5% or so) if there absolutely needs to be some difference. Perk points also relate to, well, perks, which seem more like learned skills than anything. Women have lower upper body strength on average, but their learning ability is certainly equivalent.

That being said, if there isn't a hitbox difference then there would be only be 1-way realism, which means there's no argument for having differential stats.

Mercenary 1012 1850

@StudioKimchi said:

@AngelEyes said:
Women are more prevalent in gaming than they were 10 years ago. Not adding them Would be a terrible consumer decision, realism arguement is pretty pointless. Go play KCD for that it’s a great game.

Sorry to necro, but why not just a flat dmg nerf (maybe 3-5% or so) if there absolutely needs to be some difference. Perk points also relate to, well, perks, which seem more like learned skills than anything. Women have lower upper body strength on average, but their learning ability is certainly equivalent.

That being said, if there isn't a hitbox difference then there would be only be 1-way realism, which means there's no argument for having differential stats.

Different hitbox, damage or pretty much any other nerf/buff that just applies to women will be horrible from a gameplay perspective. Especially since the difference between a fully armoured man or woman would be very hard to tell in the heat of combat. The difference should be purely aesthetic.

92 302
  • 14 Dec '18
 chaquator

literally just a cosmetic what is the big deal you incels

Knight 2026 3648
  • 14 Dec '18
 Runagate

Oh god damn it why did you revive it

Knight 3018 6937
  • 14 Dec '18
 Punzybobo

IIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

132 53
  • 15 Dec '18
 Duguesclin

@vanguard said:
Yeah its kinda like KCD, there people were bothered because there were no blacks in the game right, but the dev was doing something realistic about his country so he had a good reason to stand ground or whatever.

Now here in mordhau, people are bothered because there will be women in the game, as they say this is not historical accurate and immersion breaking. The devs have a great reason to stand their ground and add females anyways, because the game is based on mercenary stuff, its a fantasy setting, and the immersion breaking argument is at best, contradictory.

It is sort of the same thing, but on one case you have sjw people bothering the devs, here you have right wing reverse-sjw people bothering the devs to troll the libtards epic style, idk what is even happening really since most of the fuckers here also play or played mount and blade at some point, its the same shit.

I was banned for some time for discussing politics so I come back now.

The parallel is dishonnest. As in KCD immersion is important, it is said in the FAQ. SO the same considerations apply. It's not a fantasy setting (understand fiction =/= fantasy, because fiction as to be credible in our world). The "immersion breaking" argument is true, I don't want to see everytime I play a medieval game something totally in conflict with the medieval setting. I don't ask to troll or to deform the game for politics as SJW do, instead the contrary, I don't want something that is not medieval but is part of our modern need for diversity in this game (the medieval setting is one of the main reason people would play the game). Mount and blade was shit and 3d models were even difficult to see as humans.

132 53
  • 15 Dec '18
 Duguesclin

@StudioKimchi said:

@AngelEyes said:

The argument for differential stats is that women are overall less adapted to close combat fight. And the second argument is that, acknowledging this difference can permit more realism in the battlefield with less women, so more realism for close combat in a medieval setting, so more immersion.

132 53
  • 15 Dec '18
 Duguesclin

@TheKingInTheNorth said:

@StudioKimchi said:

@AngelEyes said:

Different hitbox, damage or pretty much any other nerf/buff that just applies to women will be horrible from a gameplay perspective. Especially since the difference between a fully armoured man or woman would be very hard to tell in the heat of combat. The difference should be purely aesthetic.

I don't see the harm for gameplay if women are made a bit weaker, as in real life. It would only permit more realism and immersion. The difference between women and men are not purely aesthetics you know. And to talk about the aesthetic, I would like to preserve the aesthetic of the medieval area and of knighthood (yes, knights were also mercenaries). In order to preserve this the number of women must be restricted.

132 53
  • 15 Dec '18
 Duguesclin

@chaquator said:
literally just a cosmetic what is the big deal you incels

The medieval setting of this game have a cosmetic part in it. The aesthetic and possible rp must be a little preserved.

@Punzybobo said:
IIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Stop insulting with no arguments like an npc.

Count 145 224

I wouldn't mind females provided there's NO boob/butt slider. Don't want this game to become the next Guild Wars 2 with barbies all over the place.

Knight 4974 6566
  • 15 Dec '18
 Humble Staff

@Duguesclin said:

@StudioKimchi said:

@AngelEyes said:

The argument for differential stats is that women are overall less adapted to close combat fight. And the second argument is that, acknowledging this difference can permit more realism in the battlefield with less women, so more realism for close combat in a medieval setting, so more immersion

here-is-some-attention-19299252.png

2 0
  • 16 Dec '18
 McCarthee

Can we make the game VR only please because the cumstained wall behind my monitor is 'immersion breaking'. If you refuse, I'm afraid I'm going to have to boycott this game.

132 53
  • 16 Dec '18
 Duguesclin

@McCarthee said:
Can we make the game VR only please because the cumstained wall behind my monitor is 'immersion breaking'. If you refuse, I'm afraid I'm going to have to boycott this game.

Epic troll and rhetoric master at the same time, how do you manage ?

Knight 26 74
  • 16 Dec '18
 ŁĐFlamarys

Decapitating women would trigger every SJW in a 12742KM radius. However dev blogs featured a female model, so i don't think the idea is dismissed yet.

Mercenary 1012 1850
  • 16 Dec '18
 TheKingInTheNorth

@ŁĐFlamarys said:
Decapitating women would trigger every SJW in a 12742KM radius. However dev blogs featured a female model, so i don't think the idea is dismissed yet.

Women are confirmed to be in the game.

Knight 26 74
  • 16 Dec '18
 ŁĐFlamarys

@TheKingInTheNorth said:

@ŁĐFlamarys said:

Women are confirmed to be in the game.

I played dark souls so i'm used to see players using female models

Knight 213 593

ewok_sanata_portrait.png

Same Hitbox. To select a gender should purely be a cosmetic difference nothing else.

Knight 691 2840
  • 19 Dec '18
 Mittsies

This thread is still goin, huh? Guess I'll repost this:

females_in_mordhauy.png

Knight 2520 6644
  • 19 Dec '18
 Rattsknecht

The waifus we deserve

maidenu

Mercenary 2139 3794