Mordhau

Women ?

24 13
  • 7 Oct '18
 Blood Dragon

Only time i see this as a problem is if the entire server is full of women, but otherwise seeing a few women here and there (like mount and blade) is not immersion breaking. Yes women were extremely rare in the battlefield but they were not non existent. Like previous mentions of Mount and Blade it is a great example of it working, you have the option to choose a female character but after my +6000 hours on that game even though i quit a year ago, i have not yet seen females outnumber males, it is almost always one woman out of hundred men actually. Although their voices are annoying, you can say the same as every OTHER voice in Mount and Blade. "Yeeaaaaargh!" "Aeaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!" "RUUUUUUGH..." "We cen duw dis de ezy wey, or da hard wey" "I will drink from yer skalle!"

The Voice Acting is hilarious, but also horribly bad but that is the charm. In Mordhau, i doubt the voice acting for women will be horrible, but it will be most likely funny. I say let them exist. Honestly i don't see the problem. I agree that seeing too many women in the battlefield could be immersion breaking for a few who do somehow get an immersed in a game where farmers are throwing mallets, stones and fire pots against a knight in plate without armor on his arms and legs, holding a cudgel he picked up and a lute on his back. And i expect people to freak out when female option is put in, as everyone will go females but thats because they are checking out a new feature. It is always how it works, devs add a new feature, players excitedly try it out. I don't expect a whole team of women versus a whole team of men, unless there is a clan of cringy vikang shieldmaidenz anytime soon.

Duke 5526 13171
  • 7 Oct '18
 Jax — Community Manager

The thing about having too many women break immersion isn't going to be a real issue in my opinion, since everyone is going to be all dressed up in the same armor anyways. The main difference in practice will be the sounds they make when you hit them lol

Mercenary 1159 2102

@Jax said:
The thing about having too many women break immersion isn't going to be a real issue in my opinion, since everyone is going to be all dressed up in the same armor anyways. The main difference in practice will be the sounds they make when you hit them lol

Kotaku exclusive: Triternion supports violence against women.

324 864
  • 7 Oct '18
 Xatrian

Finally, a game where I can mutilate women. If Triternion would include minorities this would be the ultimate game.

Mercenary 116 446
  • 7 Oct '18
 Eranox

This is so sad. Can we hit women and minorties?

Count 3976 8336
324 864
Count 331 1394
  • 7 Oct '18
 RingMaster

The real question is, will you be able to respect women in Mordhau?

• 8 Oct '18
 TheDankestMeme
This comment was deleted.
Knight 2273 4089
  • 8 Oct '18
 Runagate

@RingMaster said:

CCC4

Knight 101 371
  • 8 Oct '18
 McMercy

@RingMaster said:

239 289
  • 8 Oct '18
 idiotgod

@Jax said:

Imo you are completely discounting the constant vc spam for some reason.

Mercenary 1159 2102

@idiotgod said:

@Jax said:

Imo you are completely discounting the constant vc spam for some reason.

I agree, women should be silenced so they can't bewitch us with their siren powers.

Seems OP if they can just take control of enemies with their voice you know.

324 864
  • 8 Oct '18
 Xatrian

The sarcasm isn't needed. Bad voice acting can be bad, and bad female voice acting can be worse since females tend to be higher pitched than males. Mirage: Arcane Warfare should be all the reference you need.

Mercenary 1159 2102

@Xatrian said:
The sarcasm isn't needed. Bad voice acting can be bad, and bad female voice acting can be worse since females tend to be higher pitched than males. Mirage: Arcane Warfare should be all the reference you need.

Like anyone played Mirage

239 289
  • 8 Oct '18
 idiotgod

@TheKingInTheNorth said:

@Xatrian said:

Probably cause of all the women vc spam

Mercenary 1159 2102

@idiotgod said:

@TheKingInTheNorth said:

@Xatrian said:

Probably cause of all the women vc spam

pickle rick.png

Sellsword 786 2336
  • 8 Oct '18
 Goof

If they want women in the game, add inns for players to chill during intermission complete with wenches providing flagons of mead to the tired mercenaries.

Problem solved

This way women will be included without breaking any immersion

Mercenary 2192 3909
Conscript 4564 6301
  • 8 Oct '18
 vanguard

Hot take: Mirage's female voice acting wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. I played that game, I wasn't annoyed by anything really aside from when there was too much people on the server, and projectile/ability spam everywhere happened.

The voice acting wasn't funny like in chiv but hey, chiv set the bar real high and neither mordhau surpassed it yet.