Mordhau

Ban Discussion

15 43
324 864
  • 6 Oct '18
 Xatrian

the SJW libtarded devs have banned a glorious cultural conservative warrior on this day

the 2nd amendment will protect me from such communism

Knight 20 34
  • 6 Oct '18
 Corpsehammer

@Xatrian said:
They made the right decision to ban someone on a private server with no rules in place

how do you people even function

Excuse me, who are you?

There's only one rule on my server:

1. Don't be a dick

There is no reason for anyone to tolerate the kind of garbage behavior exhibited by that player. This game is losing nothing without him.
Now nobody has to worry about being caught on a server with him without an admin around so they can actually play without being repeatedly griefed and insulted to no end. The kid gets off on it. If it sounds psycho, that's because it is. Do not feel bad for this turd.

324 864
  • 6 Oct '18
 Xatrian

I agree, developers should ban people based on their behavior in private servers. The admins of those servers should bear no responsibility for moderating their server. It only makes sense, after all.

Knight 20 34
  • 6 Oct '18
 Corpsehammer

Banning him from my server was something that was done many times. I kinda felt bad here and there, so I'd let him play until he started being an idiot again. There's other servers that get filled up too, though, and the majority of servers don't have regular admins and therefore no way to ban him.

324 864
  • 6 Oct '18
 Xatrian

wow it's almost like it's a failure of the private server admins and has nothing to do with the developers and this ban is just because they're mad at him

Knight 20 34
  • 6 Oct '18
 Corpsehammer

The admin thing is not really anything anyone can do anything about. Bottom line is If Lazy wasn't a complete edge lord basically trying his hardest to get game banned, he wouldn't be game banned. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was a lot of complaining about him leading up to it, even. I don't think you realize how cancer he was, man. It's on a whole new level.

324 864
  • 6 Oct '18
 Xatrian

Has anyone tried talking to Lazy? idk just seems like an idea to me

301 875
  • 6 Oct '18
 Naleaus

Not sure what good that would do. Any attempts at him acting apologetic have ended up with him repeating the behavior and being kicked again. (Forums, discord, private servers in game, etc. He was on an EU server in the one screenshot, probably because he was banned from all the NA ones already.)

Either way, according to his friend Birch, he doesn't care if he's unbanned during the alpha, but would like to be unbanned upon release. That was a few days ago, his opinions may have changed.

Knight 3135 7293
  • 6 Oct '18
 Punzybobo

All of this could have been avoided if a vote-kick or mute player feature was introduced to the game...

Knight 925 2541
  • 6 Oct '18
 Pred

ITT: grasping at straws and trying to come up with procedural loopholes in an unfinished closed Alpha because the toxic troll who did everything possible to get banned was your fren.

Knight 15 49
  • 6 Oct '18
 MonoXtr

I don't much care for all the drama surrounding this situation but I feel no sympathy for Lazy. He literally spends his time trying to make everyone as miserable as possible, honestly I can't think of something more pathetic (and not in the invoking sympathy sense) than spending your time actively trying to be as much of an ignorant asshole as possible in a game of all things, it's legitimately laughable in my opinion. He was clearly trying his absolute best to get banned and congratulations he did it. Anyone arguing he wasn't warned enough has to be out of their mind, yeah I'm sure he had no idea that acting like racist garbage was something he wasn't supposed to do, what a terrible argument. You are telling me because no one explicitly told him not to act like that, it's somehow the developers fault? If he acted like he does in game in real life he would be hated by everyone, luckily he can hide behind his internet anonymity. You cannot be upset when a guy who spends his time trying desperately to be banned, eventually gets banned. Unfortunately it doesn't even matter because he can play the game anyway since I still see him frequently on private servers. I say good riddance, the devs had every right to ban him. I mean come on, is it really that difficult to act like a remotely decent human being?

Knight 224 514
  • 6 Oct '18
 Duckalot

I would like to propose a compromise for all of this that hopefully will make the most people satisfied.

1. Keep the ban on Lazy on VAC servers - he had it coming. + Since he said he didnt care if he was banned for the remains of the alpha, let him have this timeout til the devs sort this out.

2. Set up concrete rules about toxicism, threatening devs/the game, or whatever you seem to be a banable offense. - So people know what they are allowed to do and not without the feeling of being at risk of a ban.

3. Let server owners white-list people from VAC on their servers. Allowing (in this case lazy) to play on their server without opening it up for cheaters. - Hopefully this will lead to a slightly less toxic behavior in general, since his friends would have to play with him on a certain, contained server. (Cant imagine those who wants to play with him not being toxic themselves.)

4. Add votemute. + just a regular mute for specific players. - I would suggest votekick aswell, but if feel that it would be abused rather fast by salty players.

Mercenary 1125 2066

Let's just allow people to be racist, antisemetic, islamophobic cunts all the time without repercussion. That's what everyone seems to want. Hell, a topic just got open to add misogyny to the list and ban women characters (a planned feature since kickstarter) while we're at it. Let's just call anyone that wants a nice, non-toxic game experience 'SJW' and better yet, permaban them. Because of course, if you're not a racist nazi incel, you have to be an extreme SJW, and we all know those are the real problem here.

3234 4260
  • 6 Oct '18
 Havoc

@TheKingInTheNorth said:
Let's just allow people to be racist, antisemetic, islamophobic cunts all the time without repercussion. That's what everyone seems to want. Hell, a topic just got open to add misogyny to the list and ban women characters (a planned feature since kickstarter) while we're at it. Let's just call anyone that wants a nice, non-toxic game experience 'SJW' and better yet, permaban them. Because of course, if you're not a racist nazi incel, you have to be an extreme SJW, and we all know those are the real problem here.

Making crush angREE is a step too far though

Count 3976 8328
  • 6 Oct '18
 TheDankestMeme

@TheKingInTheNorth said:
a topic just got open to add misogyny to the list and ban women characters

history isnt real

Mercenary 1125 2066

@TheDankestMeme said:

@TheKingInTheNorth said:

history isnt real

First of all https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_post-classical_warfare

Secondly who cares about a fictional war between fictional mercenary companies having women warriors? This isn't based on reality in the first place. But as the link shows, your argument was invalid even before considering this.

Knight 2601 6899
  • 6 Oct '18
 Rattsknecht

If there's no women in game, then how do I cosplay Arya?

Count 3976 8328
  • 6 Oct '18
 TheDankestMeme

@TheKingInTheNorth said:

@TheDankestMeme said:

@TheKingInTheNorth said:

history isnt real

tldr

Secondly who cares about a fictional war between fictional mercenary companies having women warriors? This isn't based on reality in the first place. But as the link shows, your argument was invalid even before considering this.

not me thats for sure in fact i'm positive about adding female characters, i just wanted to point out that people not wanting them in mordhau =/= misoginy, insulting female players in chat that would be misoginy.

Mercenary 1125 2066

@TheDankestMeme said:

@TheKingInTheNorth said:

@TheDankestMeme said:

@TheKingInTheNorth said:

history isnt real

tldr

not me thats for sure in fact i'm positive about adding female characters, i just wanted to point out that people not wanting them in mordhau =/= misoginy, insulting female players in chat that would be misoginy.

The misogynist comments are happening in the 'Women?' thread itself, I'm not saying that not wanting women is always misogynistic.