Mordhau

Ban Discussion

Knight 260 706

Welp, I think some ground rules regarding private server conduct should be established. What rules did he break ingame in the private server, do the forum rules apply to game? Do private servers have to follow TOS? Can Devs enforce authority on players playing on private servers? There is a legitimate case to be made for lazys defence because rules on mordhau server were never established.

Conscript 4564 6302
  • 3 Oct '18
 vanguard

@GIRUGIRU said:
Twisted wildly out of context

Before 2Lazy got banned, he was constantly joining official servers + private servers and deliberately causing as much damage to the community as much as he possibly could. He was intending to be as malicious as possible, trolling duelyards and just anywhere where people were trying to relax and have a good time. This was happening for months - he even attacked some streamers and started to berate them in the twitch chat (ask Clay).

He was warned, then i warned him, then he was warned again, and then he was warned AGAIN, and then he was banned. Steam give devs the right to gameban any user they seem fit so it is legal, go read up on it. 2Lazy did far more than just "shit talk a dev" (consistently without stopping, on several different occassions whenever he possible could) with the most vile and racist stuff available in the english language, but that is one of the many things he did. Overall, he made the alpha a negative experience for everybody involved and that is why he was banned.

But this doesn't adress the fact that, even though the devs were right, it was a bad way to handle the situation, and making rules doesn't really hurt anyone, I can't see why not. Making rules and rule enforcement all more impersonal avoids this whole shitstorm tbh, as all you have to do is point towards the rule in which the person broke, prove that it did that and then move on, no one will give 2 shits about it.

In this informal way, idk what happened, I'm not even from the same region as Lazy and I never played with him, so for all I know this could be effectively a mistake from the devs. I'm not saying it was a mistake, but this informal way to handle rules and bans is flimsy, and given the right circunstance and arguments by the one affected by the ban and/or his friends, the devs can come off as unfair or whatever.

I see no reason to not make official rules tbh. Banning someone is a good indicative that it is time to create rules as I see it. And honestly, it will make the devs and players life easier imho, as there is no gray area where you sorta can do shit. Idk what lazy said, but in this case, set a rule like "don't call people X, Y and Z or I ban u", or open a thread where everyone can debate possible rules and shit and then implement it.

The server harassment is a completely different thing I think. What was that actually caused the ban?

324 865
  • 3 Oct '18
 Xatrian

I don't see anything wrong with there being no rules and banning someone while they were on a private server. It seems like a very logical thing to do.

1088 6148
  • 3 Oct '18
 crushed — Art

@MrGhostTheFlyingFlail said:
Can Devs enforce authority on players playing on private servers?

He was not banned from the private server itself, but he is on the official banlist. Our official ban system works together with VAC, so if server admins choose to use VAC, they also use the official banlist. This is entirely up to private server owners and they can disable it in server files if they choose to do so. He can play on private servers without VAC.

324 865
  • 3 Oct '18
 Xatrian

So to answer his question, yes, they can enforce authority on players playing on private servers.

Knight 1269 3811
  • 3 Oct '18
 Frise

So if I host a server and want to play with someone that called crush a meanie, I have to play without VAC. So in practice, he got banned from all servers.

1088 6148
  • 3 Oct '18
 crushed — Art

@ÐMontyleGueux said:
I agree with the devs in this case. What they meant on discord isn't that they are more important people than others, it's that the intention behind harassing and insulting a random player are really different from actually targetting someone you know has the power to kick/ban you. The fact that he directly insulted the developers while being fully aware of who they are and what kind of power they have is making the whole thing even worse. That's what they meant.

I cannot support any unbanning for the simple reason that he entirely knew what he was going into, he literally asked for it.

This is correct. We will also have some rules/conduct in the near future to clear things up more, as well as an easier way to appeal bans.

324 865
  • 3 Oct '18
 Xatrian

So you're going to retroactively introduce an actual set of rules to follow after he has already been banned? I'm truly astounded by this dev team sometimes.

Knight 1388 3163
  • 3 Oct '18
 Tim_Fragmagnet

So you're telling me I can get widespread attention from many people by being an ass?

Untitled.png

Dang.

If I knew that, I wouldn't have had Crush kick me out of the discord because I didn't want to deal with looking at the aids that is real time chat with this community every day. (I get enough of it in other discords)

In short, stop talking about it. It's done. They made a decision, and you can't veto it.

324 865
  • 3 Oct '18
 Xatrian

I agree, stop discussing how the developers are handling bans and just let them continue with their currently established rules of there being no rules and you just get banned if they decide so. There's nothing wrong here.

Knight 1388 3163
  • 3 Oct '18
 Tim_Fragmagnet

Are you a 2Lazy alt?

Or are you ranten

Also the rules are simple

Don't be a jackass and you'll probably be fine.

80 286
  • 3 Oct '18
 wizardish

i pledged $5 to the mcdonalds happy meal and after i take a shit on your cash register, you ban me ??

Knight 93 270
  • 3 Oct '18
 Nikosawa

if there are no rules/conduct just behave like in real life. act like a cunt get treated like one, its as simple as that. cant believe that this sjw bullshit made its way to this community smh.

Knight 260 706

Catch 22 to not being able to disable Ban List & Keep Vac Up. It would open up potential Hackers.

324 865
  • 3 Oct '18
 Xatrian

@Tim_Fragmagnet said:
Are you a 2Lazy alt?

Or are you ranten

Also the rules are simple

Don't be a jackass and you'll probably be fine.

No rules at all is in fact pretty simple, yeah.

324 865
  • 3 Oct '18
 Xatrian

"Forum rules"

hmm

Conscript 4564 6302
  • 3 Oct '18
 vanguard

@Nikosawa said:
cant believe that this sjw bullshit made its way to this community smh.

53be62a060ffa6a752e78a6da50d850e.png

Knight 196 414

Trying to listen to the video but too distracted by the muscles.

3234 4264