Mordhau

Ban Discussion

324 865
  • 6 Oct '18
 Xatrian

Except everyone wasn't excluding him since he wasn't banned from the private servers that he was playing on. The proverbial owners of the restaurants weren't throwing him out for screaming through a megaphone and pissing on other customers.

Baron 1644 5230
  • 6 Oct '18
 Lincs

So somewhere along the way this went from an actual (mostly) reasonable discussion about the ethics of the ban to a dumpster fire of hot takes and people slinging labels at each other.

Can we don't

Duchess 6897 9885
  • 6 Oct '18
 Sir Zombie

@Pred said:

@PeachPatrol said:

@Pred said:
grasping at straws and trying to come up with procedural loopholes in an unfinished closed Alpha because the toxic troll who did everything possible to get banned

Except there was no rule, precedent, or warning that he'd get banned. So no, there was never anything possible to do to get banned.

Thanks for proving my point, lol.

If somebody is unable to recognize what basic norms should be adhered to without having them explicitly written, it is in the best interest of everyone else to exclude this person. Actually, if someone managed to consistently break ALL OF THESE NORMS, it means he definitely was aware of them. The whole "there are no rules written, so you can't be punished for anything" defense is just laughable, fucking DOGS can tell they did something wrong when they chew up your sofa cushions.

I'm pretty sure none of the restaurants in my area explicitly forbid you to scream through a megaphone and piss on other customers. Nobody seems to be doing that though, because they are not retarded.

You seem to forget that it was him insulting the devs that was the problem, not the community. Pissing on the community is allowed :)

Knight 941 2568
  • 6 Oct '18
 Pred

@Xatrian said:
Except everyone wasn't excluding him since he wasn't banned from the private servers that he was playing on. The proverbial owners of the restaurants weren't throwing him out for screaming through a megaphone and pissing on other customers.

1. Yeah, sorry but hosting a server doesn't make you a restaurant owner in this case. Product belongs to the devs, and if people encounter toxic people calling them niggers, the damage will be to the devs' product, not your server.

2. He was doing the same on official servers, so that's not even a valid point.

@Sir Zombie said:

@Pred said:

@PeachPatrol said:

@Pred said:
grasping at straws and trying to come up with procedural loopholes in an unfinished closed Alpha because the toxic troll who did everything possible to get banned

Except there was no rule, precedent, or warning that he'd get banned. So no, there was never anything possible to do to get banned.

Thanks for proving my point, lol.

If somebody is unable to recognize what basic norms should be adhered to without having them explicitly written, it is in the best interest of everyone else to exclude this person. Actually, if someone managed to consistently break ALL OF THESE NORMS, it means he definitely was aware of them. The whole "there are no rules written, so you can't be punished for anything" defense is just laughable, fucking DOGS can tell they did something wrong when they chew up your sofa cushions.

I'm pretty sure none of the restaurants in my area explicitly forbid you to scream through a megaphone and piss on other customers. Nobody seems to be doing that though, because they are not retarded.

You seem to forget that it was him insulting the devs that was the problem, not the community. Pissing on the community is allowed :)

I didn't forget, I already addressed this point - if you want to blame the devs for not banning him earlier, that's understandable. Create a new thread asking devs to improve in the future and start getting rid of trolls at much earlier stages, and I will definitely be there to support your case. In no way this point helps Lazy's case though.

324 865
  • 6 Oct '18
 Xatrian

@Pred said:

@Xatrian said:

1. Yeah, sorry but hosting a server doesn't make you a restaurant owner in this case. Product belongs to the devs, and if people encounter toxic people calling them niggers, the damage will be to the devs' product, not your server.

2. He was doing the same on official servers, so that's not even a valid point.

I doubt it, considering official servers weren't even working a few days ago.

Knight 2608 6921
  • 6 Oct '18
 Rattsknecht

Tbqf, when you kill another person in a restaurant you dond just get kicked out of said restaurant

I do agree though that having a law that prohibits murder in the first place is beneficial to society

Knight 52 50
  • 6 Oct '18
 BasedPatriot

I've literally sent crush pages of drunken rage with many slurs and I'm still not banned.

Probably because he knows I'm autistic.

I actually wanted to be the first banned player.

Spook said "you came close". I guess the only reason I didn't get banned is I quit the game.

Knight 52 50
  • 6 Oct '18
 BasedPatriot

You can't even disable VAC. I tried. It's hard coded into the game.

Knight 52 50
  • 6 Oct '18
 BasedPatriot

aaaaand, hes backunknown.png

30 42
  • 6 Oct '18
 Vaygr

It was a Berserk clan server. Flann from the clan banned him on the private server, i think.

Knight 260 706

When the entire EU community can dogpile crush doxing his personal personal life by Mordhau top streamer in front of all of the Mordhau moderates and developers to see. Saying hateful shit yet they walk away Scott free while one NA Boy says mean things about devs and gets ban hammer rammed up the ass makes sense.

Knight 528 3385
324 865
  • 6 Oct '18
 Xatrian

@rob_owner said:
59f20bad807d4af16924a3563c01a309.gif

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Count 3976 8339
  • 7 Oct '18
 TheDankestMeme

okay so i was in a commie berserk mode tonight and wanted to express myself about how i fucking hate our society on r/offmychest and lmao its even worse than twitter, its beyong censoring posts, you cannot post shit like faggot or retarded even tought it wasnt even targeting the said offended people directly, they are censoring the words themselves just fucking end me.

Knight 337 777
  • 7 Oct '18
 AngelEyes

Moral intuitions.

If you seriously think it's okay to kill someone because their isn't a law in place to say you can't you're sick and you got the SJW thing backwards btw.

Knight 29 89
  • 7 Oct '18
 PeachPatrol

Suddenly speaking freely in unmoderated chat is the moral equivalent of murder.

Knight 337 777
  • 7 Oct '18
 AngelEyes

I would pay my bank account to see some of you guys survive in prison.

Sorry about that I should have known I have to be careful with my wording. Both parties in here are right in some senses don't be an indecent cuck and don't get cucked. This is Human reason since the Neanderthals.

Yes, rules and guidelines need to be established.

I just realized this episode doesn't effect my life.

Bye.

3234 4264
  • 7 Oct '18
 Havoc

@AngelEyes said:
Moral intuitions.

If you seriously think it's okay to kill someone because their isn't a law in place to say you can't you're sick and you got the SJW thing backwards btw.

It's more like if you're not part of the inner EU circle, you can't do the same things they do without getting a ban

Duchess 6897 9885
  • 7 Oct '18
 Sir Zombie

@AngelEyes said:
Moral intuitions.

Its what the game is about