Mordhau

Yay, a delay

42 130
  • 1 Sep '18
 KingOfSow

Screenshot_20180901-125046__01.jpg

So now its early 2019 and not a 100% 2018 release anymore.

Knight 928 2545
  • 1 Sep '18
 Pred

@KingOfSow said:

In Triternionish "Late 2018 or early 2019" means "Definitely not late 2018". And "Early 2019" means "31st December 2019". So there we have it, new release date confirmed.

80 201
  • 1 Sep '18
 Seseau

Predictable.

Knight 685 1852
  • 1 Sep '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

How surprising, the game is delayed like pretty much every other game in existence have been. Hell, almost every IT project get somehow delayed along the way. There's nothing surprising or shocking...

That's why I suggested early access in late 2018. Most early access games stay that way for years and years, EA isn't bad if it's only for a few months. I mean that's pretty much what they did for beta backers as well, they gave access even through the game wasn't in beta yet.

324 864
  • 1 Sep '18
 Xatrian

inb4 bootlickers make excuses for their continued ineptitude

Duke 5496 13122
  • 1 Sep '18
 Jax — Community Manager

There's no ineptitude on this dev team, I can assure you that. We can release an unfinished game or we can release one that's polished - we're going with the latter. When the game is ready we will release it.

324 864
  • 1 Sep '18
 Xatrian

@Jax said:
There's no ineptitude on this dev team, I can assure you that. We can release an unfinished game or we can release one that's polished - we're going with the latter. When the game is ready we will release it.

Hey look, the most inept member is telling me there's no ineptitude. Imagine that.

212 348

for people who know virtually nothing about game development you do complain an awful lot about it

Knight 5138 6903
  • 1 Sep '18
 Humble Staff

Jax, please don't mind these kind of posts, it's just beyond unfair for you guys.

Knight 148 97
  • 1 Sep '18
 Lilboots

I'd prefer a polished game release, as should most... the wait will be worth it.... The Dev team has already shown a level of care and skill far greater than 99 first time Indie Developers.

Knight 1388 3162
  • 1 Sep '18
 Tim_Fragmagnet

MFW people give a shit that "there's a delay".

You know what else was delayed, the light sent from the monitor into your eyes, which then sent a delayed signal into your brain, which then slowly thought about what dumb response you may or may not type with the 2 brain cells you have left. Then your brain sent a signal to your fingers, which was delayed, to type your poorly thought out and uninteresting response.

In short, games get delayed, it fucking happens. They were overzealous on their original estimation of development speed, and instead of holding to that date and providing a sub par product, decided to push the date back and make sure it can be as finished as it is supposed to be.

This isn't steam early access. Stop asking for instant gratification, and grow up.

Shit.
Happens.

3234 4260
  • 1 Sep '18
 Havoc

@Tim_Fragmagnet said:

You know what else was delayed, the light sent from the monitor into your eyes, which then sent a delayed signal into your brain, which then slowly thought about what dumb response you may or may not type with the 2 brain cells you have left. Then your brain sent a signal to your fingers, which was delayed, to type your poorly thought out and uninteresting response.

In short, games get delayed, it fucking happens. They were overzealous on their original estimation of development speed, and instead of holding to that date and providing a sub par product, decided to push the date back and make sure it can be as finished as it is supposed to be.

This isn't steam early access. Stop asking for instant gratification and grow up.

Shit.
Happens.

Go...good thing the updates are making it better... r...right?

Knight 148 97
  • 2 Sep '18
 Lilboots

@Havoc said:

@Tim_Fragmagnet said:

This isn't steam early access. Stop asking for instant gratification and grow up.

Shit.
Happens.

Go...good thing the updates are making it better... r...right?

It seems the latest patch has hurt alot of peoples feelings, but there are still MANY that said the latest patch is awesome.... It seems the people that grind 1000+ hours in a duel are the ones that complaining though !!

Knight 237 1154
  • 2 Sep '18
 renaissance

i hope mordhau is good

Knight 934 941
  • 2 Sep '18
 afiNity

I just wish some of my chiv mates who missed the kickstarter could join the fight

9 2
  • 2 Sep '18
 McFordisch

i dont get why they are not selling more keys... so everyone can join alpha or beta or whatever. it will shut up all these guys who wants the game to come out right now (includeing myself).

Knight 934 941
  • 2 Sep '18
 afiNity

@McFordisch said:
i dont get why they are not selling more keys... so everyone can join alpha or beta or whatever. it will shut up all these guys who wants the game to come out right now (includeing myself).

They did that for a short time after the kickstarter ended but I think this violated the steam-rules

9 2
  • 2 Sep '18
 McFordisch

@afiNity said:

@McFordisch said:

They did that for a short time after the kickstarter ended but I think this violated the steam-rules

wow there is some rule like that? .. just wow

3 1
  • 2 Sep '18
 BigEelis

I've been waiting ages for this game so that i can finally quit Chivalry and now it gets delayed...Mah heart can't take this god damnit!!

Atleast sell us more beta or alpha keys or W/E state is in now !

319 417
  • 2 Sep '18
 ChuckJones

@KingOfSow said:

i mean
with all the other games coming out.

its better to release it in Summer 2019 where there will be a game drought