Mordhau

Perk Suggestions

Knight 52 64
  • 20 Sep '18
 fmay2123

Do the following perks alter the core gameplay: sleight of hand, mute, strong arm, plague mask. If so how do they do it?

Knight 2239 4025
  • 20 Sep '18
 Runagate

Strong arm alters the minute details of parry and chamber timings which are a large part of what most people aim to learn well. There'd be no way to tell when someone's timings are different and the game would get much less consistent and much more annoying to play. Suddenly, all your practice would be half as useful.

Edit!!!
Misread, I thought strong arm was power strike. Though my point still stands.

Knight 223 514
  • 20 Sep '18
 Duckalot

And mute removes a vital part of feint / morph reading and even footwork. Remove it and you have even less chance to react to a feint. And as for footwork: running away from your opponent to face him at the last second before his attacks land will be extremely hard to pull off if you cant hear his attack coming.

Knight 52 64
  • 20 Sep '18
 fmay2123

@Duckalot What are your opinions sleight of hand and plague mask? Also @Runagate, I don't think your argument against strong arm was clearly stated so could show me why it would go against the core gameplay? Also would the perk chamber master disrupt the core gameplay? It is a perk specifically designed for team fights and would not have any effect in 1v1's.

Knight 223 514
  • 20 Sep '18
 Duckalot

Plague mask could be neat. tho i think they should reduce the vision impairment smokes give on the outer edges overall.
And there is a big risk this perk just gives more people incentive to make a 'smoke throwing' loadout, which i would strongly abhor.

As for sleight of hands, its a rather useless perk. You dont, and should never need, to place bear traps faster. And as for weapon switching- next patch (if i remember correctly) will nerf the quick swap between bows and secondaries. And personally, nothing would make me happier than to see the archers being nerfed. Giving them a new perk that allows them to be in close proximity without great risk, isn't something i would like to see.

This is just my narrow-minded, archer hating opinion though.

Knight 2239 4025
  • 20 Sep '18
 Runagate

@fmay2123 said:
@Duckalot What are your opinions sleight of hand and plague mask? Also @Runagate, I don't think your argument against strong arm was clearly stated so could show me why it would go against the core gameplay? Also would the perk chamber master disrupt the core gameplay? It is a perk specifically designed for team fights and would not have any effect in 1v1's.

Did you read my post in it's entirety? I meant power strike, not strong arm as I say in the end.

Knight 693 1593
  • 20 Sep '18
 das

Teamfights are a core part of gameplay, not a niche scenario. Lack of visual indicators for perks also means people have to play a guessing game as to whether their attack will flinch a person or not, which is bad. Even with some indicator, it's not as if you can always see it in a hectic scenario, and it's still something that bends the rules and makes things feel unfun and inconsistent and annoying.

Knight 52 64
  • 20 Sep '18
 fmay2123

@Runagate, Sorry I thought you meant that you were using your argument against power strike to justify your argument against strong arm. @das, would the removal of the hyper armor associated with reposting be a big enough nerf to the perk? Would this perk be similar to the dodge perk in the way that it also does not have an indicator until it is used in a fight? @Duckalot, What if the perk didn't encompass bows would that be fine? I know it is not very productive, but I think that it's kind of fun to run around the map and place down equipment to annoy enemies.

Knight 693 1593
  • 20 Sep '18
 das

It'd not a matter of whether the perk is overpowered or not, it's a matter of consistency. So it's irrelevant whether that's enough of a tradeoff/nerf or not. If this was Mirage or something where ripostes made your weapon glow to indicate active parry, then it'd be a different story.

Dodge is really easy to tell. If they're wearing basically no armor, are using a mid or low tier weapon, AND they have no bow or quiver, it's safe to assume they have Dodge.

Knight 52 64
  • 21 Sep '18
 fmay2123

@das, Well put! So we need perks that are easy to deduce. Should we make a list of things perks should not do ie. Rng effects, inconsistent with the core mechanics of the game, easy to deduce, etc?

Knight 2239 4025
  • 21 Sep '18
 Runagate

@fmay2123 said:
@das, Well put! So we need perks that are easy to deduce. Should we make a list of things perks should not do ie. Rng effects, inconsistent with the core mechanics of the game, easy to deduce, etc?

That's most of them really

Sellsword 694 2187
  • 21 Sep '18
 Goof

Just scrap everything and turn the game into a turn-based strategy rpg tbh

Knight 49 107

I've been thinking about some perks idea following what Crush said on Discord (momentum damage on foot)

[3] Boar : gain 4% bonus damage for each second you spent sprinting (max 20%)

[3] Shoulder Bash : performing a kick after sprinting more than 5 seconds will allow you to do a shoulder Bash over a short distance. The first enemy you hit will ragdoll

[1] Spring : you recover faster from ragdoll (you could take 1 hit instead of 2)

Knight 49 107

Shoulder Bash + rush would be super fun :D

Also, you can't Bash if you get hit

Count 3976 8325
  • 28 Sep '18
 TheDankestMeme

@ЖIMrPlanetacLeBoeuf said:
Shoulder Bash + rush would be super fun :D

for honor warden ptsd

Count 164 303
  • 29 Sep '18
 ColonelMustache

[3] Shoulder Bash : performing a kick after sprinting more than 5 seconds will allow you to do a shoulder Bash over a short distance. The first enemy you hit will ragdoll

Duuude I want that

Count 3976 8325
  • 29 Sep '18
 TheDankestMeme

[2] The wall : missed swings cost twice as much stamina but blocking cost two times less

Knight 2239 4025
  • 29 Sep '18
 Runagate

That should also remove stam gain on hit to be even barely feasible lol

Count 3976 8325
  • 29 Sep '18
 TheDankestMeme

[2] ludicrous speed : your walking speed is slower but your sprinting speed is fast af

[4] master of strategy : number of throwable and equipment per slot is multiplicated by two

[2] overweight : you are unable to jump, sprint and your climbing speed is slower as well but you gain 20 additional hp

[8] monk : let you equip the bandages, bandages let you heal instantly an ally or yourself (you have three of them per slot)

[4] drunk fuck : fire deals 80% less damage to you and will actually set you on fire, making you able to deal damage to ennemies (and allies) touching you aswell as adding fire damage to your weapon

[99] lit lute : playing in synchronization with mordhau background music will set every enemy in range of the lute on fire

39 97
  • 2 Oct '18
 Longboard Guedes

[420] Trancendence : Stay as ragdoll for the entire game.