Mordhau

Perk Suggestions

Sellsword 599 1960
  • 30 Aug '18
 Goof

(5) Lacerate - Slash attacks now have a 10% chance to cause the enemy to bleed, causing 5 damage per second for 8 seconds. Lighter armor increases this chance.

Sellsword 599 1960
  • 30 Aug '18
 Goof

(3) Bodkin - Arrows now cause 50% increased damage to armored targets.

Sellsword 599 1960
  • 30 Aug '18
 Goof

(2) Spooky - Attacking a horse has a 25% chance to cause it to rear up, dismounting the rider.

Sellsword 599 1960
  • 30 Aug '18
 Goof

(6) Noxious - Smoke pots now cause 10 damage per second for the duration of the smoke effect. Use caution as this also damages allies!

Knight 2088 3761
  • 31 Aug '18
 Runagate

Why the separate posts

Knight 663 1431
  • 31 Aug '18
 das

RNG is bad, makes enemies feel outlucked when it triggers and the user cheated when it doesn't, going against the competitive spirit of the game. DoTs are psychologically annoying regardless of balance and thus are a very fickle thing to implement in games. 40 is a lot of damage. Combine them together and that's a disaster.

Bodkins' most significant contribution would be allowing Longbow and xbow to 3htk plate torso (37 dmg vs 25 dmg without bodkin). Sounds a bit much if you ask me though.

Spooky... see RNG, especially with the fact that perks have no visual indicators. I'd feel extremely cheated if I saw no billhooks amongst a group as a horseman and thus decided to charge through them, only to be dismounted out of pure luck.

Noxious turns smoke pots into obnoxious firepots with no extinguishing. You spawn with 2 smokepots for 1 point and slot.

I like boner's funny landing perk but, rather than instakill, it should do proportional damage by fall height + ragdoll upon significant enough impact to the victim. Kind of like TF2 Soldier Mantreads where you really need height for it to have impact. Fun meme potential with Cat perk as a safety net if you miss your fall.

Whether perk, loadout item, or world pickup only, I really do hope outrageous things like the spirit of boner's Lifestealer ulti Trojan horse come into play. Things like a portable barrel you can hide in, with legs sticking out only when you walk around. Silly Metal Gear Solid levels of sandboxiness that can cleverly be useful in objective play.

Cannibalism is wrong, but I don't think boner's entire premise is bad. To clarify, let me first introduce some ideas for health reworking:

Your health bar now has three opacities: true health (bright red), recoverable health (translucent red), and missing health (blank).

When hit by a melee strike, your true health is reduced by the amount of damage, and up to 25 of the missing health is converted to recoverable health. For instance, you have 100 hp and a helmet on. Someone headshots you for 50 dmg. You now have 50 hp and 25 recoverable health. If he headshots you again, you die. If he lets you wait it out, you recover health, but only up to a max of 75.

When struck by a melee strike again, any previous recoverable health you had is lost and converted to missing health. For instance, you have 100 hp. You get hit for 50. You have 50 hp and 25 recoverable. You recover 10 hp, for a total of 60 hp and 15 recoverable, before getting hit for 50 again. Now you have 10 hp and 25 recoverable (rather than 15 + 25 = 40 recoverable). Or, if you had 50 hp and were hit for 18 damage, you would have 32 hp and only 18 recoverable health.

Projectile and special damage always deals fully recoverable damage, as is the case right now for all weapons in Patch 17. Of course, that recoverable health can be nullified by a melee strike. For instance, if archers alone pelted you to 20 hp, you could hide in a corner and recover back the recoverable 80 for a full 100 health again. However, if you are taken to 20 by archers and then hit on the foot by a dagger for 10 damage, you are now at 10 hp with only 10 recoverable health (not 25, because the dagger only dealt 10 dmg and the rest of the recoverable health was lost before calculating dagger dmg).

Numbers can be tweaked (perhaps half of melee damage is recoverable rather than up to 25, or perhaps that rule takes precedence only up to a max of damage / 2 = 25). The idea is, engaging in melee and dealing damage has some margin of "permanence" to it.

So how to heal missing health in such a case? Kills, perks, and planned med items! Kills still grant +20 innately, perks would help with that kill bonus and modify regen rate, perhaps add new perks to allow for more recovery potential and so on. Med items would be SIGNIFICANTLY more important and impactful.

Health gained on kills would stack recoverable health. For instance, say you're at 60 hp and have 20 recoverable and then kill someone. You'd be healed to 80 and still have 20 recoverable, meaning you can passively regen to 100.

And back to Raw Boner's "cannibalism" idea... Perhaps upon death, EVERY player drops a minor bandage/health potion that is consumable that they themselves cannot use. The "cannibalism" perk would either enable this or have slain players drop two of them. Or maybe delegate it to the Scavenger perk.

Whether or not this adds or detracts from the game tactically... would it slow down the game too heavily in Frontline? Make 1vX comebacks more possible when the X are severely hurt in comp LTS?

1298 2867
  • 31 Aug '18
 Monsteri

@das said:
Your health bar now has three opacities: true health (bright red), recoverable health (translucent red), and missing health (blank).

I agree with this and I've suggested it before, but the devs said no. Hope they come around tho.

Baron 22 56
  • 31 Aug '18
 champton

What about a perk that lets you make new perks???

Knight 2088 3761
  • 1 Sep '18
 Runagate

Wow really made me think

Mercenary 1785 6805
  • 1 Sep '18
 ThunderDuck

What if we had "traits" (like in fallout NV) or "quirks" that basically add both a bonus and a debuff at the same time. Like for example a trait that makes you character really skinny and thus have less HP and do 15% less damage with melee weapons, but because of his slim frame would be able to run faster and regenerate stamina at say a 1.5x rate. The "Ogre" and "Scrawny" perks that Nicholas and Mittsies suggested would fit into this category.

Knight 695 2884
  • 1 Sep '18
 Mittsies

Generally perks having drawbacks are hard to balance because they already have a point cost, which is essentially already the downside of using it. If I'm using 3/3/3 + Longsword, and I take Second Wind, the downside is that I don't get an Arming Sword, a Throwing Axe, etc. That means if there's any downside, it has to be significantly outweighed by the upside, or cost 0 points.

Mercenary 1785 6805
  • 1 Sep '18
 ThunderDuck

I was thinking something that doesn't cost any points, and has a downside that while technically outweighs the upside can be very useful in certain situations. Like something you'd never pick unless you were aiming for a very specific playstyle. Idk I'm rambling at this point ¯\(ツ)

Knight 45 53
  • 1 Sep '18
 fmay2123

an engineer perk that allows you to build objects like walls ramps ladders and maybe seige equipment

Knight 685 1845
  • 1 Sep '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

@fmay2123 said:
an engineer perk that allows you to build objects like walls ramps ladders and maybe seige equipment

Since I played with pavises and ammo crates to build walls, I want more deployables :D
I would love to see combat engineers able to build cover or ladders for their team.

Knight 695 2884
  • 1 Sep '18
 Mittsies

Even more stupid perks:

• [1] Springy - Stand up from ragdolls significantly faster.
  • [2] Slinger - Switch weapons faster after throwing something.
  • [1] Trickshot - Firebombs and Smokepots can ricochet off of walls and players, activating only when they hit the ground.
  • [3] Flickshot - Ranged weapons have reduced sway during the first second of aiming.
  • [2] Relentless - Unless they'd otherwise kill you, projectiles deal damage to you over time instead of instantly.
  • [2] Lightfoot - Decreases kick windup and allows comboing out of kicks, but kicks deal less damage and drain less stamina.
  • [2] Sprinter - Movement speed is significantly increased if you've not attacked or taken damage in the last 4 seconds.
  • [3] Fighter - Can throw punches with a free offhand by pressing the feint button while you're not currently attacking.
  • [1] Squire - Weapons thrown at an ally will be caught and added to their inventory (or dropped if no room is available).
  • [1] Squeaky - Helmet visors can be opened/closed, changing protection value and movement speed. Makes squeaky sound.
Count 160 295
  • 2 Sep '18
 ColonelMustache

I'm definitely on board with the ragdoll-on-command perk. One of the most fun features in GTA V, it'd be hilarious here, even if it doesn't necessarily "do" anything (though having it trip people or something would be fun).

I like boner's funny landing perk but, rather than instakill, it should do proportional damage by fall height + ragdoll upon significant enough impact to the victim. Kind of like TF2 Soldier Mantreads where you really need height for it to have impact. Fun meme potential with Cat perk as a safety net if you miss your fall.

Whether perk, loadout item, or world pickup only, I really do hope outrageous things like the spirit of boner's Lifestealer ulti Trojan horse come into play. Things like a portable barrel you can hide in, with legs sticking out only when you walk around. Silly Metal Gear Solid levels of sandboxiness that can cleverly be useful in objective play.

Agreed on both parts. I don't know that either of those will ever be added, but they'd be hilarious. Better yet, combine the goomba stomp perk with the ragdoll perk and fling yourself off high walls, attempting to belly flop people to death.

Baron 2355 3373
  • 3 Sep '18
 Xekratos

Executioner: Killing an opponent by decapitation fully restores all stamina and an extra 50% of missing health.

Knight 2088 3761
  • 3 Sep '18
 Runagate

Ragdolls are client-side

Count 160 295
  • 3 Sep '18
 ColonelMustache

@Runagate said:
Ragdolls are client-side

Sure, but we already have bear traps, which ragdoll, and billhooks, which can yank people off horses and ladders (ragdolling them)

Knight 2088 3761
  • 3 Sep '18
 Runagate

@ColonelMustache said:

@Runagate said:
Ragdolls are client-side

Sure, but we already have bear traps, which ragdoll, and billhooks, which can yank people off horses and ladders (ragdolling them)

Alive ragdolls and dead ragdolls are different things. What shows a decapitation to someone might not show a decapitation to everyone on the server. I assume.