Mordhau

Perk Suggestions

Sellsword 696 2192
  • 28 Aug '18
 Goof

Please use this thread to share your ideas for perks that would be interesting to see in the game. This can range from tactical advantages to over-the-top wacky ideas.

(3)Trapper - Bear Traps now cause 75% increased damage. Can walk over Bear Traps without triggering them.

Because literally anyone can avoid bear traps by crouching and the traps don't do much damage for the downside of them being horribly obvious and nearly impossible to conceal.

Knight 2243 4030
  • 28 Aug '18
 Runagate

They may not do much damage, but do remember that they ragdoll which usually means at least 2 free hits.

Knight 685 1851
  • 28 Aug '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

I think that they are quite good as they are damage wise. People generally saves point on leg armor, and unless you're wearing T3 legs you're done for if an enemy finishes you off while you're on the ground.

However a perk that let you carry two per slot could be interesting to defend an objective for instance.

Conscript 186 472
  • 28 Aug '18
 Shovonem

Trapper perk sounds good. Honestly I am not sure about more damage but being able to carry more for it sounds like a good option. Also, I would like it to stack with Caltrop (which hopefully will be added to the game). Or any other traps for that matter. So you will be able carry more of both traps. If not I guess you could just have more of these. More damage seems too punishing.

Knight 445 1073
  • 28 Aug '18
 Knight Nicholas

This is a pretty dramatic "perk" with upsides and downsides. It's also one I can't really see outside of community modded servers, but who knows, maybe the devs are crazy enough. If not, I still think it's a pretty fun concept.

(4-10)Ogre- Increases your character's hp and size (1.33x-1.5x bigger? HP increase is up to debate, probably somewhere between 25 and 50), but not the size of the weapons he wields

Upsides- You're bigger. You're gonna have a bit more range from your longer limbs and more hp from how damn thicc your flesh is. It's gonna be pretty hard for melee enemies to hit your head unless they have a polearm or you're bending down to hit them properly. You're also probably gonna look terrifying to anyone who's not a big dumb brute like you. Finally, thanks to your big meaty hands and heavier body, you can even one-hand two-handed weapons! But wait-

Downsides- You're bigger. Obviously you're going to be easier to hit from both arrows and melee- ranged players will likely see you as two horses stacked on top of each other, moving at the speed of a normal person, and matrixing to avoid hits and punishes from melee will be very difficult if not impossible. Due to your size, you're also gonna have a tough time getting though some entryways and paths. You'll probably have to crouch to get through doorways and such-sized openings. You're also going to have much louder footsteps, so good luck trying to get the drop on anyone. Thanks those damn big meaty hands of yours, you can't wield those fast one-handed weapons, hold shields properly, or even use a ranged weapon.

Cosmetic- Voice pitch lowered by certain amount, even if result is below minimum pitch.

273 444
  • 28 Aug '18
 YOLANDIVISSER

@Knight Nicholas said:
This is a pretty dramatic "perk" with upsides and downsides. It's also one I can't really see outside of community modded servers, but who knows, maybe the devs are crazy enough. If not, I still think it's a pretty fun concept.

(4-10)Ogre- Increases your character's hp and size (1.5x-2x bigger? HP increase is up to debate, probably somewhere between 25 and 50), but not the size of the weapons he wields

Upsides- You're bigger. You're gonna have a bit more range from your longer limbs and more hp from how damn thicc your flesh is. It's gonna be pretty hard for melee enemies to hit your head unless they have a polearm or you're bending down to hit them properly. You're also probably gonna look terrifying to anyone who's not a big dumb brute like you. Finally, thanks to your big meaty hands and heavier body, you can even one-hand two-handed weapons! But wait-

Downsides- You're bigger. Obviously you're going to be easier to hit from both arrows and melee- ranged players will likely see you as two horses stacked on top of each other, moving at the speed of a normal person, and matrixing to avoid hits and punishes from melee will be very difficult if not impossible. Due to your size, you're also gonna have a tough time getting though some entryways and paths. You'll probably have to crouch to get through doorways and such-sized openings. You're also going to have much louder footsteps, so good luck trying to get the drop on anyone. Thanks those damn big meaty hands of yours, you can't wield those fast one-handed weapons, hold shields properly, or even use a ranged weapon.

Cosmetic- Voice pitch lowered by certain amount, even if result is below minimum pitch.

Not enough downsides to being big. Also, 1.5x is too much bigger. I think +33% at most.

Knight 762 3295
  • 28 Aug '18
 Mittsies

Reposting my perks ideas from the other thread here:

• [1] Prepared - Increases inventory size by 1, allowing you to hold one more item.
  • [1] Vapevision - Increases visibility while in smoke.
  • [3] Aerialist - Can perform a jump-kick as long as you're not wearing any heavy armor.
  • [3] Rogue - Melee attacks made against an enemy's back deal increased damage.
  • [2] Hurler - Any weapon can be thrown.
  • [2] Gaucho - Mount horses faster, and can demount at any speed: user is sent into a ragdoll tumble.
  • [1] Courteous - You get 50% less ammo from ammo boxes, but it stays open so that others may use it too. You may not use that ammo box for yourself during this time, and the effect can only happen every 30 seconds per ammo box to avoid abuse (multiple people with this perk).
  • [2] Rage - Temporarily increases movement speed upon taking damage from a projectile.
  • [3] Vaulter - Increased jump length while running at full speed and can grab and climb up ledges.
  • [3] Slippery - After being disarmed you instantly begin sprinting (like the 'Rush' perk).
  • [2] Focused - Never flinch when hit by projectiles, and +25% maximum aiming time with bows.
  • [3] Fearless - Hyperarmor effect decreased to 33%, but HP on kill can go beyond max life.
  • [2] Turtle - While wearing a shield on your back, melee damage taken from behind is treated as if you're wearing heavy armor. Does nothing if you're already wearing heavy armor. Bigger shields provide a larger protection area.
  • [2] Perceptive - Allows you to see enemy perks, ammo count, hit points, and stamina.

And here's a new perk idea just for this thread specifically:

• [1] Scrawny - 10% reduced character size, 15% increased damage taken.

Suggestions to tweak current perks:

• Brawler - Make it also increase kick damage (or stamina drain). This will make a lot less situational.
  • Acrobat - Make it also lessen the extra damage taken while midair. This will make it more useful overall.
  • Scavenger - In addition to its other effects: when picking up a ranged weapon, collect more max ammo than normal.

Suggestions to replace current perks:

• [2] Engineer - (Replaces Wrecker/Smith) More melee damage to structures, increased repair effectiveness, and upgrade weapons faster when blacksmithing.
Knight 445 1073
  • 29 Aug '18
 Knight Nicholas

@YOLANDIVISSER said:

Not enough downsides to being big. Also, 1.5x is too much bigger. I think +33% at most.

Yeah, I guess the player's speed could also be lowered, maybe make naked speed equivalent to 2/2/2 speed. Other than that, I can't see any problems other than the problems the giant will have trying to approach a few ranged characters. What would you suggest?

Knight 762 3295
  • 29 Aug '18
 Mittsies

@Knight Nicholas
Does the ogre perk also allow you to get another infusion? If so I'm on board with the idea.

Knight 445 1073
  • 29 Aug '18
 Knight Nicholas

@Mittsies said:
@Knight Nicholas
Does the ogre perk also allow you to get another infusion? If so I'm on board with the idea.

... yes.

Knight 445 1073
  • 29 Aug '18
 Knight Nicholas

Looking back on my Ogre idea, the whole giant hands idea was probably too dramatic, and so was the size increase. It would probably be better to, as Yoland suggested, keep the size increase to maybe 33% and not have these loadout restrictions along with the whole one-handing two-handers idea, and instead keep weapon size consistent between players with and without the perk, making it easier to get around the parry/shield boxes of giant players, and keep the restrictions to being slower, slower on horses, and being unable to use ranged.

I still doubt this will be accepted by the devs ever (who knows what it could take to code this in, and what problems it could cause), but I could still see it as a fun little community mod perk in the game's future.

25 19
  • 30 Aug '18
 Krtex

@Knight Nicholas said:
Looking back on my Ogre idea, the whole giant hands idea was probably too dramatic, and so was the size increase. It would probably be better to, as Yoland suggested, keep the size increase to maybe 33% and not have these loadout restrictions along with the whole one-handing two-handers idea, and instead keep weapon size consistent between players with and without the perk, making it easier to get around the parry/shield boxes of giant players, and keep the restrictions to being slower, slower on horses, and being unable to use ranged.

I still doubt this will be accepted by the devs ever (who knows what it could take to code this in, and what problems it could cause), but I could still see it as a fun little community mod perk in the game's future.

It might not be that hard to mod, chivalry has that Giant Slayer mod, i never played it but it looks hilarious.

Some kind of Giant Kings mod could be also fun, it would be just like king vs king in chiv, but the kings would be giants.

Knight 528 3376
  • 30 Aug '18
 rob_owner

perk where you can just take people's unequipped weapons, could call it like Pick Pocket or something

what about a perk like Bloody Mess from fallout where when you kill someone you get extra gore, like the old cleaving people in half from Slasher, or just making someone explode when you hit them with the maul

crush already said no to me about a cannibal perk where you can eat your fallen foes or allies but i still think its a sick idea for roleplaying as a dungeon goblin or just a really hungry fat guy

should Def add a perk that lets you ragdoll on command since ragdolling is already in the game, bonus points if you trip people who run over your ragdoll and make them ragdoll too, could call it like Faint or something i dunno

maybe a cheesey perk where landing on someone just instakills them

crush also didnt like the idea of teeth having tracers, and having the cannibal perk let you just bite people mid fight like a quick snack to give you some health for each chomp you take out of an enemy, it could be like any attack with a windup, but yaknow its your mouth closing so as long as someone is like in between your teeth you can take a nice bite out of them, good anti facehug too since you can put your head in someone elses head and like eat their brains. I guess blocking it could do damage to your teeth or something idk

bro horses can poop already, why not a perk that just lets you take a dump, theres even already a squat emote, just call it Defecate or something, super simple, you can throw it or just leave it there i guess

maybe a perk where you can do a super stab and the weapon gets stuck in the guy you stabbed and it does more damage or something

jedi/witcher deflection perk where blocking an arrow sends it flying wherever you look which is probably gonna be at the archer that shot you, idk maybe if youre slick you can fuckin curve that shit at another enemy

a perk where instead of riding a horse, you crawl up inside of it and hide, could call it Trojan, so like you trick people to ride it so you can pop out and surprise them unless they kill the horse like i always do just in case, the warmth could even make your health and stamina regain a little faster too

Knight 762 3295
  • 30 Aug '18
 Mittsies

@rob_owner said:
jedi/witcher deflection perk where blocking an arrow sends it flying wherever you look which is probably gonna be at the archer that shot you, idk maybe if youre slick you can fuckin curve that shit at another enemy

a legitimately good idea hidden among a pile of literal shit

Knight 445 1073
  • 30 Aug '18
 Knight Nicholas

how about a 16-point perk that lets you literally steal a weapon out of someone's hands

Knight 685 1851
  • 30 Aug '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

@Knight Nicholas said:
how about a 16-point perk that lets you literally steal a weapon out of someone's hands

I would just run around to disarm people then sit back and watch two armies of unarmed soldiers punch themselves to death.

Conscript 4546 6279
  • 30 Aug '18
 vanguard

Ragdoll on command or riot

Duchess 774 3449
  • 30 Aug '18
 Stouty

i want a perk to incapacitate a disarmed foe so we can tie them up or sit on them and drag them around the map

Sellsword 696 2192
  • 30 Aug '18
 Goof

(4) The Bard - Playing the lute increases nearby allies health regeneration by 25%

Or can increase damage dealt by allies by 20%