Mordhau

If i was marox............

Knight 93 270
  • 22 Aug '18
 Nikosawa

....i would release the game in march 2019, 12 months after planned release. from a buissnes standpoint nothing else make sense really. the last quarter of 2018 will be flooded with games and sales wich all take away atention from triternion. til then they could focus on fluid and balanced combat, animations, maps, gamemodes, bugs, matchmaking and so on. the community would be pissed but thats just a short term effect that will be forgotten quick when they get a game that just works and is awesome in every way. as a company you have to plan long term. i know its easy to say for me because i have access but i really want to see this company thrive because i believ in them. just imagine the game releases next year with huge team based maps and match making all working flawlessly. it allready looks awesome and i belive the devs have some more nice stuff up their sleeves that we havent thought about yet.

just my thoughts. now go ahead and rost me :D and this is no shitpost i am serious.

Knight 925 2541
  • 22 Aug '18
 Pred

@Nikosawa said:
....i would release the game in march 2019

You mean speed up the release from 2024?

Count 791 3022
  • 22 Aug '18
 EatAtRedLobster

I think that is a fairly insightful idea, and could be beneficial in the long term. Requesting foresight and patience from this community will result in weapons grade screeching though.

Duchess 6865 9830
  • 22 Aug '18
 Sir Zombie

Release the game after the heat death of the universe ez

Knight 1815 2219
  • 22 Aug '18
 Void

More time for development results in a better game, no doubt about that.

People with no access to Mordhau look quite pissed with the delays so far, but I don't think this is the biggest problem.

Alpha players wouldn't mind since they have access. The only problem is that the playerbase is small.

If they decided to delay 'til March, maybe it would be better to announce Beta at some point and let the early birds in.

The question is if the devs can financially endure this three months delay.

Knight 93 270
  • 22 Aug '18
 Nikosawa

@Void said:
More time for development results in a better game, no doubt about that.

People with no access to Mordhau look quite pissed with the delays so far, but I don't think this is the biggest problem.

Alpha players wouldn't mind since they have access. The only problem is that the playerbase is small.

If they decided to delay 'til March, maybe it would be better to announce Beta at some point and let the early birds in.

The question is if the devs can financially endure this three months delay.

i hope they can. in the end all delay beef will be forgotten once a very good polished game with a lot of content is released.

Knight 685 1852
  • 22 Aug '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

What about going early access in late 2018 with an already very solid game, and release in march 2019 ?

Knight 1815 2219
  • 22 Aug '18
 Void

@ÐMontyleGueux said:
What about going early access in late 2018 with an already very solid game, and release in march 2019 ?

Yes Monty, maybe this isn't a bad idea.

As much as they don't like early access, it wouldn't hurt the game if it was only for three months.
It's a short amount of time, so the new guys wouldn't lose their interest in the game, providing they have enough content to keep them occupied.

The guys that wait for release would stop complaining and the devs would make big money.

But I believe the devs know better.
If they can make it in Q4 2018, all is well and this scenario is not needed.

Mercenary 1126 2068
  • 22 Aug '18
 TheKingInTheNorth

First time I gave every comment in a thread a like. Some solid ideas here, guys.

Knight 30 65
  • 22 Aug '18
 last_apoc

The only thing that concerns me about this is that the devs themselves aren't sure they can continue without further financial support into the new year.

Personally, I agree with Nikosawa that delaying into a spring release would be best for the game (as long as no larger, triple A games are released or announced around that time).

I myself have bought into enough early access games that fell flat and died shortly after to know that it is absolutely a risk, no matter how good you think your game is, the devs must consider the risk vs reward of releasing as an early access title.

I believe the devs should hold off releasing for as long as they are able - nothing less.

176 454
  • 22 Aug '18
 Koda

Unfortunately, the devs have said a few times that they can't keep working on the game past 2018, because of financial reasons. Spending years working on a game with just 3,000 sales and some extra donations wasn't enough to keep developing past 2018, and they can't make any more money until going full release unless they went early access, and nobody wants that.

212 348

early access is dirty, i dont want squeaky clean mordhau anywhere near it >:(

the game is literally 2 or 3 updates away from being a complete package, dont belly flop on the last hurdle

Mercenary 224 559
  • 22 Aug '18
 Izıl

Nikosawa is right

Knight 254 691

@Nikosawa said:
....i would release the game in march 2019, 12 months after planned release. from a buissnes standpoint nothing else make sense really. the last quarter of 2018 will be flooded with games and sales wich all take away atention from triternion. til then they could focus on fluid and balanced combat, animations, maps, gamemodes, bugs, matchmaking and so on. the community would be pissed but thats just a short term effect that will be forgotten quick when they get a game that just works and is awesome in every way. as a company you have to plan long term. i know its easy to say for me because i have access but i really want to see this company thrive because i believ in them. just imagine the game releases next year with huge team based maps and match making all working flawlessly. it allready looks awesome and i belive the devs have some more nice stuff up their sleeves that we havent thought about yet.

just my thoughts. now go ahead and rost me :D and this is no shitpost i am serious.

spook_vaporize_cutout.png

Knight 685 1852
  • 23 Aug '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

I don't think early access is that bad if properly managed. Sure, you could complain that rust is taking forever to be released. Or you could praise them for updating the game every week for years. It's a matter of perspective.

In the case of mordhau, even the alpha patch 1 was already way more polished than 90% of early access games in their first version. I'm pretty sure that going early access with an already full blown game that just need a couple of months to be ready won't look scummy, and people may actually appreciate that it came out of EA so quickly. Not to mention that people may praise the game if they jump in expecting an alpha and get a polished product.

On the plus side, a late 2018 EA release would let in most of the people who are dying to get their hands on mordhau and will buy it regardless of its current state. Then they could advertise as "mordhau out of early access now", something that happens rarely, to reach a broader audience.

Knight 93 270
  • 23 Aug '18
 Nikosawa

I didnt concider the devs running out of money. lets hope they find a good solution for the community and the company as well. fingers crossed.

Duchess 775 3451
  • 23 Aug '18
 Stouty

Regardless of the quality, launching it as early access would potentially put off many people who have been burnt by the scams that were never finished. Would be a real shame to tarnish such a good project with that label

319 417
  • 24 Aug '18
 ChuckJones

yeah ive already said this before for Mordhau to be released for spring 2019 or even better, Summer 2019
because there are heavy hitter games that will release from Fall 2018 to Spring 2019.

Some notable ones,

• Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Battlefield V
  • Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  • Soul Calibur VI
  • Fallout 76

• Kingdom Hearts III

• Devil May Cry V
    etc

Summer 2019 is unknown atm and most of the time its a drought.

so yeah release Mordhau in Summer 2019 to maximize sales as much in the first few weeks.
:)

396 453
  • 24 Aug '18
 JasonBourne

Why would we rost u, Niko, u are our big brother.

Knight 93 270
  • 24 Aug '18
 Nikosawa

@JasonBourne said:
Why would we rost u, Niko, u are our big brother.

<3