Mordhau

New Patch #17 Gameplay Footage for people who aren't on Discord

Knight 830 1763
  • 14 Aug '18
 Ulkenstride

This first one is footage of the "Flesh Wound" perk

This is footage of the Lute

These are the new perks we're getting in Patch #17, there's still speculation on what some of them do, but I'll list the meanings for the ones I know: "Flesh wound" as show above, (Which allows you to live 5 seconds after having a limb cut off, not including headshot. If your leg is cut off you hop around, and if you get an arm cut off you can use the other arm to punch the guy. This will allow double KO), "Peasant" (Which allows you to use weapons that would normally lie around the map, in your loadout), "Acrobat" (Which decreases stamina cost for Jumping, I believe), "Brawler" (Which increases Fist damage, not sure how much atm), "Huntsman" (Which lets you deal more damage to other archers, if they have a Bow with Quiver equipped they will receive more damage from your ranged attacks), "Fireproof" (Which decreases the amount of damage you take from fire, not sure how much atm), "Smith" (Which allows you to Blacksmith weapons on an Anvil and upgrade them)

1af0b330fa3507793e94274e4f3b303a-png

These next videos are just gameplay from Patch #17 We can see in some of them that Camp has been expanded

Conscript 168 356
  • 14 Aug '18
 NikolaiLudovik

You have my thanks for giving this to us.
It really does help when I try to scratch my mordhau info itch.

212 348

Rat and Cat perk? what could they be? maybe cat lets you jump higher? rat lets you crouch lower?

Mercenary 1122 2054
Conscript 4546 6279
  • 14 Aug '18
 vanguard

Thank u brother this is awesome!

I love the idea of "useless" perks that are just for fun. Reminds me of Fallout 1 and 2 with the trait system, you had "bloody mess" that did nothing but make so each kill you did was gory as fuck.

There was this funny as fuck trait that was called "jinxed", where everyone, including you, had really high chances of critical failures. It was hilarious to see a dog fail so hard to bite you that it broke its own legs in the process, then you try to shoot it with a pistol but the damn thing blows up in your hands

Perks can be fun tbh

Knight 108 366
  • 14 Aug '18
 Pankila

Thanks for the info

Also would be really cool if devs could share this type of stuff on their official forums but hey that's just my opinion

Knight 573 1163
  • 14 Aug '18
 JoBe

@Ulkenstride said:

"Smith" (Which allows you to Blacksmith weapons on an Anvil and upgrade them)

Thanks for all the information! Oh boy, I thought upgrading weapons on an anvil was just a meme. How rare are the places suitable for smithing and does it allow people with full heavy armor to get their hands on the most powerful gear easily? Being a dedicated blacksmith for your team could be fun.

Mercenary 108 579
Duke 488 1195

Its too late

Tomato arise

9e5d614b68414b5f03bc2172d9e3ef35.jpeg

Knight 29 154
  • 14 Aug '18
 internetgoodboy

the "flesh wound" perk seems a bit ridiculous to me if you can run around without a limb indefinitely without bleeding out. hopefully theres a limit to how long you can survive without a limb.

nvm just read about the 5 seconds

Duke 488 1195

Nothing is these webs are forthcoming in the least

epic troll crunch

Knight 52 64
  • 15 Aug '18
 fmay2123

the bear trap is going to be so fun

324 864
  • 15 Aug '18
 Xatrian

okay neat so uh

when the fuck is it

985 6954
  • 15 Aug '18
 marox — Project Lead

There are two more perks:
Scavenger, which causes the enemies to drop all of their gear on death.
Dodge, which we're experimenting with and adds a short speed boost sideways/backwards replacing the jump in those directions (it is triggered by the jump key + movement). It's FAR from a teleport though, and it's quite a high point cost perk. The first build we did adding the dodge perk, it had a bug that caused characters to be set on fire (visually), start perpetually screaming, enter ragdoll, but retain control of their characters and float around as if they were possessed. It was quite unsettling and it's almost as if some dark force was telling us that we went too far.

https://gyazo.com/bcfa670c47f0682d30c89376b5f7368c

The smith perk currently just increases the repair effectiveness, isn't actually tied to the anvil. The anvil is a bit of a meme right now, I mean after all, you bash on things and upgrade them. It was more of an attempt to see if we had everything in the game supporting this sort of creation, but we'll probably keep it around regardless.

3234 4260
  • 15 Aug '18
 Havoc

@marox said:

Dodge, which we're experimenting with and adds a short speed boost sideways/backwards replacing the jump in those directions (it is triggered by the jump key + movement). It's FAR from a teleport though, and it's quite a high point cost perk. The first build we did adding the dodge perk, it had a bug that caused characters to be set on fire (visually), start perpetually screaming, enter ragdoll, but retain control of their characters and float around as if they were possessed. It was quite unsettling and it's almost as if some dark force was telling us that we went too far.

thinking-gun

27 48
  • 15 Aug '18
 Mr.Z

Remember that time Crush added dodge to every class in Mercs mod?

Pepperidge farm remembers.

Knight 253 682
  • 15 Aug '18
 Iodine

As I said before, a well-made dodge that is NOT a teleport would be excellent for low armour+low tier weapon classes provided its an expensive perk, like 8 points or so.

No one seemed to agree with me though :(

Knight 29 63
  • 15 Aug '18
 NachoAU

@marox said:
There are two more perks:
Scavenger, which causes the enemies to drop all of their gear on death.

https://gyazo.com/bcfa670c47f0682d30c89376b5f7368c

The smith perk currently just increases the repair effectiveness, isn't actually tied to the anvil. The anvil is a bit of a meme right now, I mean after all, you bash on things and upgrade them. It was more of an attempt to see if we had everything in the game supporting this sort of creation, but we'll probably keep it around regardless.

flamethrower.jpeg

Knight 2246 4034
  • 15 Aug '18
 Runagate

Thanks ulken! You're a smart boy.