Mordhau

Estimated Release Date?

1 1

Hello there peeps, I know or atleast I hope the game will be released this year but do we have a clue on the month at all?

Baron 2221 3035
  • 13 Aug
 Xekratos

April 20th 6969

Sellsword 4557 5473

There isn't a clear month, and i say you should be preapared for yet another delay to first months of the next year. Jax said some time ago that since there are very important game releases at the end of the year, Mordhau runs risk of being swallowed by these other titles so they have to play their cards right. Release success is absolutely crucial.

Duke 5068 10709
  • 13 Aug
 Jax — Community Manager

Should be near the end of 2018, if all goes well.

Baron 2221 3035
  • 13 Aug
 Xekratos

"If all goes well"

Knight 22 53
  • 13 Aug
 Tsuney

I don't Believe at all in a release by the end of this year. There is too much to do, and not that much time left. But i'm just an Alpha tester and i'm not in the small papers of devs so I could be wrong. However, delays became an habit for triternion so.... I won't be surprised at all if the release is pushed further away.

Knight 561 1414
  • 13 Aug
 Pred

@Jax said:
Should be near the end of 2018, if all goes well.

Release on 31st December 2019 confirmed.

Duchess 514 1933
  • 13 Aug
 Stouty

I'd honestly be surprised to see it released this year

Sellsword 4557 5473

@Tsuney said:
I don't Believe at all in a release by the end of this year. There is too much to do, and not that much time left.

I honestly didn't wanted to put it that way but i believe in this too, again, i'm not on the developement of the game and things left to do may be less and easier to dothan we expect but given how things have turned out, and with only 4 months left, i seriously doubt it. Nothing wrong with it though, they are an idie studio and if they need to delay, all fine.

1160 2593
  • 13 Aug
 Monsteri

I think they'd rather ship with less features than delay it more.

Duke 2141 3554
  • 13 Aug
 Huggles

Afaik they cannot survive the fiscal year and will be forced to release.

If they do release this year I feel it will be more pressure to do so than feeling the game is ready for release.

Devs seem too relaxed about development imo. Maybe the devs being less stressed and working on their own pace produces a better product. But it certainly doesn't make development timely. I don't feel comfortable with their method but the combat already smashes chivalry and the quality is on a level better than most triple a releases in an alpha imo so maybe their methods can take credit.

If they dont release this year it'll prob be because they dont want to be dead on arrival and feel like that will happen near the end of the year.

Lack of communication for a crowd funded project is very unprofessional honestly, but this isn't a million dollar+ kickstarter game and most if not all of the devs are first timers and fairly young.

Be cautiously optimistic about release at like at the very end of the year or the very beginning of next year.

Duke 5068 10709
  • 14 Aug
 Jax — Community Manager

i mean you're not wrong on the time vs quality thing huggles

honestly speaking, (I don't get paid until the game releases lmao) I'd rather Mordhau take forever to be finished and be 11/10 as opposed to trying to rush a release date and ending up with a sub-par product, and I feel like not only is that the best approach from the development point of view - but also from the player's perspective as well

Duke 2141 3554
  • 14 Aug
 Huggles

@Jax said:
i mean you're not wrong on the time vs quality thing huggles

honestly speaking, (I don't get paid until the game releases lmao) I'd rather Mordhau take forever to be finished and be 11/10 as opposed to trying to rush a release date and ending up with a sub-par product, and I feel like not only is that the best approach from the development point of view - but also from the player's perspective as well

At the same time tho alpha people just want frequent updates :c and what goes into an alpha build for testing def doesn't have to be perfect. I think you guys should do tons of micro patches tbh instead of doing big dumps every 3-4 months.

I'd be ok with release taking longer tho, just the patches that I and most others complain about.

It also reassures your playerbase and in turn produces better word of mouth.

Duke 5068 10709
  • 14 Aug
 Jax — Community Manager

yeah that's a fair point, but a lot of improvements are interconnected.

off the top of my head, the only things we could have already released by now would probably be the momentum based damage for horses + the new animations for horses, and maybe a few utility items. everything else kind of relies on other things, so for example we can't add archery without perks, which can't be done without UI improvements, and we can't add the new strike arcs without balance changes such as the new chamber system, and that can't be added without the feint reworks either.

it's like a big angry melee puzzle and we need to solve it before we release an update

220 229
  • 15 Aug
 ChuckJones

eh no what
delay if u have to because not everyone will be playing Mordhau yet, especially not when there are heavy hitters releasing for Fall 2018, and there will be plenty of games to play while Mordhau arrives in Spring 2019 :)

Knight 295 880
  • 16 Aug
 Mittsies

pretty much everything huggles has said in this thread is just 100% spot on tbh