Mordhau

Flail weapon

Knight 5259 7074
  • 11 Jun '19
 Humble Staff

Well, in my mind a two handed flail would be a 9 or 10 point weapon, i want to go into detail in a post and rn i'm feeling lazy lol. Gonna do it later but basically, flails are part of a specialized weapon group, they are great for offense and thus have inmense offensive capabilities which translates to damage in game, and that means loadout points in Mordhau's system, and as they are specialized in offense, they lack in defense and maneuverability, especially the one handed variant.

Knight 210 759
  • 30 Jun '19
 Anal Error

Hello, do you wanna see my flail ?

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/787483077036904303/33B3A783C2D5BE3CFB705F034EEA5BAEBECFB04E/

i tested this weapon finnaly, 1kg ball, and i tell you guys that this weapon is amazing, you cannot defend against this weapon, and the myth about that is dangerous for wielder is bullshit, maybe if you are retard you can hit yourself, you don't even need to use full force to devastate everything with this weapon... there is a guy on the internet that has made a video, please check this also:

Knight 5259 7074
  • 1 Jul '19
 Humble Staff

1 kg ball at the end of the shaft? Nope, that's unwieldy as fuck.
I know that this is bait but it's just ridiculous. You should go back to posting about double K.O.

777 1031
  • 1 Jul '19
 smellycathawk

a flail would be so fun.

i double commented accidentally so ya. hi

777 1031
  • 1 Jul '19
 smellycathawk

@smellycathawk said:

@Anal Error said:
you cannot defend against this weapon, and the myth about that is dangerous for wielder is bullshit, maybe if you are retard you can hit yourself,

the video he's hitting himself in the hands at like 2:19. probably want a longer shaft or a shorter chain

I think the shock absorbance when hitting shit really hard is likely the main reason for this weapon's design. When on a horse hitting someone with a warhammer would likely send shockwaves up your arm maybe causing injury or even causing the weapon to be dropped. But with a chain between the impact and the handle, the arm is spared from the massive impacts.

On foot I think the flails ability to "go around shields" was overshadowed by most of its obvious drawbacks, and it would likely take more skill to use on horseback, explaining why it was a more rare niche weapon, for badasses only.

453 181
  • 8 Jul '19
 PC_Principal

There's nothing worse than people disliking your suggestion and reasoning with another suggestion you've made earlier.
I think a flail would be a nice addition to the game, but quite a lot of animation and physics work if you want it to look smooth and register hits properly.

41 55
  • 8 Jul '19
 cain

I suspect we'll be getting a flail simply because a model for one already exists and has been added to the game in the funland map. It'd certainly be an interesting weapon, I think it would be a great anti-shield weapon.