Mordhau

How do titles work?

3 10
  • 21 Jul '18
 TarnilCorvax

So when I go through the kickstarter page, different ranks seem to have different titles. How is the game planning on implementing titles? Are titles earned through certain achievements, or is everyone who buys the game after release considered a conscript, and everyone who pays 60 dollars before release is a knight? Or will the game have a feature which will allow you to choose what title is displayed, or if the titles can also be earned (To an extent, such as if to get the knight title you need to do something for the community, such as post a lot of quality forums and things of the sort, or perhaps just play the game enough) or are the knight, sellsword, count, etc. titles exclusive to those who pre-order, and your title is solely determined on how much you pay for the game, and if you backed it up a certain amount on kickstarter or not before full release?

Also, for the engraved longsword and gilded gloves, is there anywhere where I can see what these look like? I'm solely curious.

3 10
  • 21 Jul '18
 TarnilCorvax

I just realized that the kickstarter rewards aren't available anymore. That's a shame, I just happened to be out of money during the kickstart of one of the games which I anticipated the most, and I figured I might have been able to scrounge up enough money to back it before it was too late. Oh well, I will just be sure to buy it as soon as it comes out. No knight title for me, but that shouldn't matter. It'll be fun nonetheless.

Not like a proper knight would even need to use golden teeth anyway or have to pay extra for a title anyway. Just a bit sad that I had to miss out on the beta and alpha because of my cursed financial situation.

By the way, this doesn't mean my question is resolved. I'm still curious.

Baron 2357 3387
  • 21 Jul '18
 Xekratos

I think it will work in a similar way to how it is on the forums. Maybe our profile pictures have a small detail around them. It may also have the Knight or whatever in front of our name like in CS:GO with the team name thing.

3 10
  • 21 Jul '18
 TarnilCorvax

@Xekratos said:
I think it will work in a similar way to how it is on the forums. Maybe our profile pictures have a small detail around them. It may also have the Knight or whatever in front of our name like in CS:GO with the team name thing.

Well I sure hope I can achieve the knight title. If not, that's alright. I'm mainly just sad that I had to miss out on backing it for $60 dollars. That knight title sounded appealing, and I would have loved to help with its development in alpha and beta. I just simply didn't have any money back then though.

Baron 1551 2083
  • 21 Jul '18
 yourcrippledson

I was born a Baron. My father was a Baron, and his father before him. And so it shall be that my able son be a Baron. Your title is in your blood. The only way for you to advance in feudal society would be if your Lord takes notice of you for superior courage and valor in combat, or if you have abilities that may be of great value. Or if you hack the system.

Duke 986 1381
  • 21 Jul '18
 PadanFain

Here are the kickstarter rewards if u haven't seen then yet
83a3c904af2a8af8333350166692a2ec_original.png017bfef0fcecaed557b27fb4f28db3f5_original.jpg36768ed9b3bf0ccf0e9ed943bb0c9583_original.jpg003c52d3f0c9c4c15dec54bc0c50636b_original.jpg477fbd09f306cf9d2c6fe0df59929768_original.pngdd90192b039f386876f0fd2ae2edf206_original.png

Count 788 3012
  • 21 Jul '18
 EatAtRedLobster

They ought to give kickstarter donators an item and/or title that they can give as a gift to any non titled player. Limited to 1 gift per month. Any given title would obviously need to be something different than any of the currently existing ones.

For instance "Gentleman" or a similar lower rank, and a special cosmetic item.

I know I would personally enjoy being able to occasionally gift players something semi-rare.

Duke 2266 4007
  • 22 Jul '18
 Huggles

@EatAtRedLobster said:
They ought to give kickstarter donators an item and/or title that they can give as a gift to any non titled player. Limited to 1 gift per month. Any given title would obviously need to be something different than any of the currently existing ones.

I know I would personally enjoy being able to occasionally gift players something semi-rare.

We need lootboxes for titles tbh

Baron 1551 2083
  • 22 Jul '18
 yourcrippledson

@Huggles said:

@EatAtRedLobster said:

This is the most sarcastic comment of all time.

Mercenary 2187 3900
  • 23 Jul '18
 EruTheTeapot

@Huggles said:

Blasphemy.jpg

stones him in sarcasm

271 939
Knight 2307 4906
  • 29 Jul '18
 Survii

i read the title as "how do titties work"

i am disappointed

Baron 2357 3387
  • 29 Jul '18
 Xekratos

@Survii said:

i am disappointed

tid.jpg

Duke 488 1195

I was born a Duke. My father was a Duke, and his father before him. And so it shall be that my disabled son be a Duke Your title is in your blood. The only way for you to advance in feudal society would be if your King takes notice of you for superior courage and valor in combat, or if you have abilities that may be of great value. Or if you hack the system.

Knight 5096 6837
  • 30 Jul '18
 Humble Staff

@Survii said:

i am disappointed

I knew i wasn't the only one

Knight 138 303
  • 30 Apr
 Sir Boring

We now have the Kickstarter backer tier banners in-game, but I see no sign of the titles. Are these still planned, and where will they appear? On the banner/kill feed, on the leaderboard, or somewhere else?

Kickstart.png

Duke 754 1200
  • 30 Apr
 Stumpy

Like So.

20190430220827_1.jpg
20190430220808_1.jpg

Knight 138 303
  • 30 Apr
 Sir Boring

Followed up with Jax and those banners are indeed the titles in-game. Not exactly what I imagined, but they're pretty great, nonetheless. Thanks!

954 302

wish i could pay for title you know $5,000 to be Emperor on the forums lol