Mordhau

The Community Community Managers and community dev blog #1

Knight 260 706

@Sir Zombie said:
Next update will be shit

Mordhau Archer Zombie Cutout.png

212 348

for myself, after being sceptical about receiving leaks from the community which are subject to change. im actually pleasantly surprised at how the OP was presented and has made following the development of the game more interesting. its more of a dev journal type thing. Where as the official dev blogs are more like game update overviews or patchnotes.

and 3 months is a long time, this type of reaction is to be expected. if retaining hype is critical to jax or whoever is incharge of hype. i would recommend more forum posts in the style of what zombie has made here. as it gives the community more details and things to talk about, and might even speed up the process of improving certain game systems. call it blog update 16.5.

personally i dont want to go anywhere near the discord, it sounds like a shitfest/. in future could you all keep your textwall arguments in there. it doesnt really fit in here. i was more interested in comments and thoughts regarding the content of the leaks and now its all a big mess. so thanks a lot.

EDIT
my actual thoughts on the leaks. im glad archers have more incentive to kill other archers with that perk. that should definitely stay in. also for the blacksmithing, i dont really understand the point of upgrading weapons like that. although its a cool idea. and that map is exactly what ive been waiting for, dedicated castle maps. And impressed with the work done on the camp map, it looks very atmospheric, reminiscent of that laggy ass map from chivalry which i forgot the name of.

271 939
  • 23 Jul '18
 Jackass

b903cca5e6c2baf29671e1cf21226694

leak of the new main menu

Knight 331 456
  • 25 Jul '18
 TwistedFox

@Jax said:
There's a reason I wasn't supposed to stream that. You will see more info in the devblog.

EDIT: I initially deleted this - info in here was shown on a stream that was a mistake on my part. I decided to un-delete this because it's already been on here for a while, and it was leaked anyways. As for

After coming to the realisation that nothing has changed on the communication between Triternion and Mordhau's community even after hiring the community manager Jax

There's a balance between showing off new stuff and retaining hype. I could show everything that we're working on, but while it might increase hype short-term, you all would have nothing new to look forward to.

I literally thought the game was dead tbh. After having a dev blog every month to not having one for 3-4 months makes it feel like the game is abandoned. And then to think it was retaining hype.

Knight 331 456
  • 14 Aug '18
 TwistedFox

Is there gonna be a commmunity dev blog 2 soon or is there just literally not enough to report about.

Knight 830 1764
  • 14 Aug '18
 Ulkenstride

@TwistedFox said:
Is there gonna be a commmunity dev blog 2 soon or is there just literally not enough to report about.

https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/13426/community-dev-blog-2/

Duke 507 1200
Conscript 990 2015
  • 12 Jul '19
 ohshitsorry

necroing this, so that newcomers will think this is relevant >:)

Mercenary 2193 3914
  • 12 Jul '19
 EruTheTeapot

A fair necro, sir

34 37
  • 12 Jul '19
 KonyHawkProSlaver

So it's always been like this, huh? Zero communication skills.

274 322
  • 12 Jul '19
 DrGert

@ohshitsorry said:

To be fair, the other thread isn’t really for people who are regularly on the forums as most of them are already aware of any available info about updates. It was more or less so aimed at the many “why are the devs so silent” threads that keep popping up.

1697 1292
  • 12 Jul '19
 esturias

@ohshitsorry said:

You succeeded a bit.
"Oh, what's that? They finally started a devblog? Cool!"
"Err... no. It's just players doing that because there still is zero communication."
"Wait. It's from 2018."
"..."

Knight 627 2068
  • 14 Jul '19
 LuxCandidus

This topic has been closed.