Mordhau

Any info on release?

2 3

Is there any information on when its going to come out? I heard it was going to be released in March but was delayed. And its July now.

Duchess 6862 9829
Baron 1551 2083
  • 15 Jul '18
 yourcrippledson

we don't even have info here

Knight 830 1763
  • 15 Jul '18
 Ulkenstride

Mordhau will be released around the end of this year. No set date though.

Count 788 3012
  • 15 Jul '18
 EatAtRedLobster

@KentuckyFriedChicken

I'll eat at KFC if you'll eat at Red Lobster.

Maybe by the time we get back the game will have been released.

Baron 1601 5082
  • 15 Jul '18
 Lincs

I distinctly remember Crushed saying on the discord that it's gonna be by the end of the year, and that they'd rather go early access than delay into next year. And going early access was one of the things they were hoping to avoid completely.

So, unless they've had a major attitude change, rest assured that it'll be out in 2018.

Duchess 6862 9829
  • 15 Jul '18
 Sir Zombie

@Lincs said:

So, unless they've had a major attitude change, rest assured that it'll be out in 2018.

😀

Knight 2243 4030
  • 15 Jul '18
 Runagate

zombie has lost all hope.

Knight 685 1851
  • 15 Jul '18
 ÐMontyleGueux

@Runagate said:
zombie has lost all hope.

One more of our brothers have fallen. May marox have mercy on our souls.

Knight 1815 2219
  • 16 Jul '18
 Void

Zombie cannot fall
He is Zombie after all

Knight 2597 6887
  • 16 Jul '18
 Rattsknecht

he can rise and fall again

Knight 762 3295
  • 17 Jul '18
 Mittsies

They'd be committing financial suicide to not release the game in time for Christmas.
I reckon they're doing everything in their power to get the game ready for release before then.

Baron 1551 2083
  • 17 Jul '18
 yourcrippledson

@Mittsies said:
They'd be committing financial suicide to not release the game in time for Christmas.
I reckon they're doing everything in their power to get the game ready for release before then.

They'll be committing real suicide if they release it before it's good enough to be released though.

Knight 209 744
  • 17 Jul '18
 Anal Error

They should release this game only when they add double KO chance to the gameplay.

Duchess 6862 9829
  • 17 Jul '18
 Sir Zombie

Grinder what has happened to you?!?

Sellsword 696 2192
Duke 5482 13084
  • 17 Jul '18
 Jax — Community Manager

@Mittsies said:

The thing is that oct-nov is stacked with huge titles coming out, so either we have to release it before then (unlikely), during that period (which puts into competition with RDR2, BFV, CoD 32 or smth, etc.) or near the tail end of the year.

I wouldn't say that we have any major competition in our genre, Bannerlord is the closest we'd have (and it's totally different scope) and that's going to release next year perhaps, so we're not really worried about that. I like to think of Mordhau like Rocket League, though - most people own RL and most people had never touched a rocket-powered-car-soccer game before RL, and it's one of the best-selling and most-played games on Steam. There's a big opportunity for us to get a lot of new players into the genre if we play our cards right, and that means not trying to directly compete with something like Battlefield.

Knight 762 3295
  • 21 Jul '18
 Mittsies

@Jax said:
I like to think of Mordhau like Rocket League

I admire your optimism but that is just plain silly. Basically everyone has played a game that involved some kind of melee combat, not to mention that there are literally millions of steam accounts that own Chivalry and Mount & Blade. Whereas RL is genuinely unique concept, preceded only by SARPBC which is a game basically nobody knows even exists.

Knight 2597 6887
  • 21 Jul '18
 Rattsknecht

@Mittsies said:

@Jax said:

I admire your optimism but that is just plain silly. Basically everyone has played a game that involved some kind of melee combat, not to mention that there are literally millions of steam accounts that own Chivalry and Mount & Blade. Whereas RL is genuinely unique concept, preceded only by SARPBC which is a game basically nobody knows even exists.

Baron 1551 2083
  • 21 Jul '18
 yourcrippledson

@Rattsknecht said:

@Mittsies said:

@Jax said:

I wish rocket league had 1st person and rockin' heavy metal licks.

Also TBH RL has a much much higher skill ceiling than Mordhau currently does. And likely could ever have at this rate.