Mordhau

The Discord is a Cesspool

Conscript 4562 6301
  • 26 Jul '18
 vanguard

Lmao nice roleplay retard

Personaly I don't use discord because I find it a shitty model of conversation tbh, I like forums more because it is more static. But I'm here every day man and we even have a political thread for this kind of shit. Are you sure that we are the ones who want a safe space? Why don't you come to the political thread to actually have some opposition? Why do you keep yourself on the discord, that is a absolute echo-chamber where no one challenges you? What are u scared of bik man?

Knight 2608 6914
  • 26 Jul '18
 Rattsknecht

@vanguard said:

Personaly I don't use discord because I find it a shitty model of conversation tbh, I like forums more because it is more static. But I'm here every day man and we even have a political thread for this kind of shit. Are you sure that we are the ones who want a safe space? Why don't you come to the political thread to actually have some opposition? Why do you keep yourself on the discord, that is a absolute echo-chamber where no one challenges you? What are u scared of bik man?

Discord good vanguard u wrong

Its a decent skype replacement if you need a voice chat for friends

Mercenary 225 562
  • 26 Jul '18
 Izıl

@vanguard said:

Personaly I don't use discord because I find it a shitty model of conversation tbh

Then what are you doing in this thread idiot xdddd

9 107
  • 26 Jul '18
 Grugg

@Senturion, Duke of Ontheon said:
What if we shipped all the non whites to other planets

grug think the iron man is right

Baron 1607 5105
  • 26 Jul '18
 Lincs

@DerFurst said:
This thread is little more than an outer manifestation of political disagreement. Also likely boredom in waiting for the next patch to be released.

Your subjective toxicity of "my feelings are hurt because someone alluded to a political ideology I disagree with" is faux outrage. You'll never truly be satisfied until the people you dislike are outright removed, despite the phony "it's for the playerbase's sake!" moral grandstanding you may put up.

The real "toxicity" problem comes in the form of individuals who create a cult-of-personality - gathering goon-squads around them and shutting out new players with unsportsmanlike attitudes and conduct; they also shut down gameplay ideas that don't follow a certain group's narrative by ganging up on individuals and insulting them until they become silent or leave. People with huge egos and bad attitudes towards people they play against are in general the biggest cause of toxicity. This is an objective toxicity.

I don't see you advocating for the removal of people like Giru or his friends, despite them being front-stage in almost every drama the discord or forums have had in the past two years.

Listen Furst, the only person that's been behaving with any noticeable measure of toxicity in this thread is you. You immediately resorted to attacking the character of the people on the other side of the debate instead of addressing their concerns in a constructive manner. It's all well and good to get up on the high horse, but it looks silly that you keep raving about toxicity when you're calling people politically motivated hacks, anklebiters, and more.

Count 4205 9817
  • 26 Jul '18
 DerFurst

Excuse me for my rudeness in response to the original rudeness of the first page contributors. Calling people stupid edgelords, dumb motherfuckers and cunts is obviously not toxic while pointing this out is xd

Given that initial overview and the main players I thought that this was just the politics thread v2 where everyone was being shitty towards each other for thinking differently again. I didn't realize you had an actual agenda to push so I walked right into that like a fool. "Hey look a fascist(?) let's make him our scapegoat and sacrifice him to the non-denominational atheist god of political correctness!"

And yes, I suppose out of context calling people politically motivated and ankle-biters looks bad to people who haven't been paying attention. I've gotten to know the ideologies of these people pretty intimately through the politics thread(s), and it strikes me as disingenuous that they're only targeting people their political ideologies aren't aligned with, and even more so feel like they're safe to insult them behind their backs while simultaneously calling for their removal.

9 107
  • 26 Jul '18
 Grugg

water in cave again. makes grug think

Conscript 4562 6301
  • 26 Jul '18
 vanguard

@Izıl said:

@vanguard said:

Personaly I don't use discord because I find it a shitty model of conversation tbh

Then what are you doing in this thread idiot xdddd

I'm engaging with the community I'm part of idiot xddddd

Count 3976 8333
  • 26 Jul '18
 TheDankestMeme

@Grugg said:

now this is the community manager these forums needs

Count 331 1394
  • 26 Jul '18
 RingMaster

@Grugg said:

expanding brain.jpg

Baron 1607 5105
  • 26 Jul '18
 Lincs

@DerFurst said:
Excuse me for my rudeness in response to the original rudeness of the first page contributors. Calling people stupid edgelords, dumb motherfuckers and cunts is obviously not toxic while pointing this out is xd

Given that initial overview and the main players I thought that this was just the politics thread v2 where everyone was being shitty towards each other for thinking differently again. I didn't realize you had an actual agenda to push so I walked right into that like a fool. "Hey look a fascist(?) let's make him our scapegoat and sacrifice him to the non-denominational atheist god of political correctness!"

And yes, I suppose out of context calling people politically motivated and ankle-biters looks bad to people who haven't been paying attention. I've gotten to know the ideologies of these people pretty intimately through the politics thread(s), and it strikes me as disingenuous that they're only targeting people their political ideologies aren't aligned with, and even more so feel like they're safe to insult them behind their backs while simultaneously calling for their removal.

For some strange reason you assume everyone has a secret agenda behind their words, all the time, every day. This is a video game forum. People are concerned about possible bad press in the future of said video game. That is all.

Duke 2266 4009
  • 26 Jul '18
 Huggles

@Lincs said:

@DerFurst said:

For some strange reason you assume everyone has a secret agenda behind their words, all the time, every day. This is a video game forum. People are concerned about possible bad press in the future of said video game. That is all.

Projection tbh.

• 27 Jul '18
 crushed — Art
This comment was deleted.
Duchess 6885 9858
  • 27 Jul '18
 Sir Zombie

Crush show yourself

IYQYBYr

Mercenary 2189 3903
  • 27 Jul '18
 EruTheTeapot

lel Did he ban himself after that comment ? keks

• 28 Jul '18
 Survii
  • 29 Jul '18
 Maci
Knight 117 245
  • 2 Aug '18
 Radfox

There are a bunch of white nationalists and other far-right dregs that have long infested the forums and discord. Lots of nazi apologism, holocaust denial, race-baiting, praise of fascist movements, etc. And much of these posts are from some of the most frequent and regular posters here. Nothing has been done about them so my only guess is some of the devs and mods here are sympathetic towards it.

A bit surprising to me really, because if the gaming press ever decided to take a closer look at the official forums for this game and reported on the devs inaction towards it a lot of bad PR would be generated.

Knight 2307 4907
  • 2 Aug '18
 Survii

@Radfox said:
There are a bunch of white nationalists and other far-right dregs that have long infested the forums and discord. Lots of nazi apologism, holocaust denial, race-baiting, praise of fascist movements, etc. And much of these posts are from some of the most frequent and regular posters here. Nothing has been done about them so my only guess is some of the devs and mods here are sympathetic towards it.

A bit surprising to me really, because if the gaming press ever decided to take a closer look at the official forums for this game and reported on the devs inaction towards it a lot of bad PR would be generated.

6ee.jpg

Knight 117 245
  • 2 Aug '18
 Radfox

@Survii said:

@Radfox said:

6ee.jpg

Case in point.