Mordhau

The Discord is a Cesspool

Knight 60 90
  • 21 Jul '18
 Ignorance Brigade

Well dude that doesn't offend the people you're concearned about I think is the better way to put that. I don't know how many times I have to try to say that I actually agree with you. I SHOULDN'T BE spouting off everywhere. It's useless and all it accomplishes is aggravating everyone. Same as the garbage that provokes it.

• 21 Jul '18
 SIEGE
This comment was deleted.
Mercenary 2550 4566
  • 21 Jul '18
 SIEGE

oh fuck i guess im deleted

Conscript 4561 6299
  • 21 Jul '18
 vanguard

@DerFurst said:
The obvious solution to this problem is to ban all the White people. White people are historically the most racist and oppressive people on the planet. Once we get them off these forums, then this game will make MILLIONS more from the LGBT, Mexican, and Black community, who are no doubt lined up with their wallets right now waiting for a chance to play a game about Medieval European swordfighting.

Hue totally the point furst, exactly what we are suggesting here fucking white genocide! U so smart man xDdDd, just let people keep saying that "niggers are inferiors" and "we should send all non-whites to other planets" lol whats the deal dont u like free speech?/?/?/?//

Obviously I hate white people right, I think they are inferior based on pseudo science and medieval philosophies, and I already deffended their slavery on this forum, right? Oh wait, that would be you, talking about every non-white. Shit let me correct this, not every non-white but every sort of brown people right? Asians are superior race too or some shit like this right?

Furthermore, all you nazis should all fucking die.

Fucking finaly we can agree with something. I've been playing the new wolfenstein and I can tell you, it feels GREAT lol, do recomend to everyone interested in the whole nazi killing business.

You're all terrible people like SURVII and even though I'm admittedly uneducated about things you say even if you were right what you say can't be true, because it's so wrong! want to punch your dumb faces so hard, but I'm a nice person believe me I care about equality and love, which is why I want to ban the people I don't like so I can feel included.

Oh yes, we just want to ban people we don't like or agree with, nothing to do with hate speech and racism, not at all.

You are so fucking dishonest it isn't even funny. Just read the fucking OP.

To be coherent, the amount of cognitive dissonance in these posts is astounding. Ignorance Brigade in particular is flip flopping from saying "I don't like racist or political stuff in the game" to saying "I'm uneducated about certain matters and I assume they're wrong because they don't make me feel good," to "I want to kill nazis because it's the right thing to do." This is mind boggling.

You guys are objectively wrong though, I invite anyone here to read the political thread and see for themselves the shit you dumb fuckers vomit all the time, specially the things you say furst lol. It is hilarious that you talk as if I or anyone here needed you guys banned, because otherwise you would obviously show that you are right or something in a debate, and we are actualy scared of it, when in reality, we already have 2 political threads right there for everyone to see, and you motherfuckers post dumb shit after dumb shit, no repreension is necessary at all. You guys do all the hard work for me, honestly.

If its discussion you guys want, I'm all for it you know that. Nothing better then letting a fascist talk its points, so everyone can see how retarded it actually is. You know that, the more you try to explain your conspiracy theories, the more people ridicule you. Survii still haven't learnt this leasson so he still post dumb shit on the poltical thread. I hope he actually never learns.

Again, I'm all for it, go there and post until your hands bleed my dude.

Also surprise surprise, Vanguard the Brazilian communist and Huggles the multi-ethnic leftist transhumanist imperialist are wanting to regulate political speech, meanwhile the literal nazis don't care about speech regulation and are open to people saying whatever they want.

I don't care if politics are banned from this community, because A) it isn't even politics in the first place what goes on the Discord, it is literally just edgy racist crap that adds nothing nowhere and B) this is a GAMING community = I want to regulate people's speech that I don't agree with. Ok Furst.

5 people liked your post though, you are improving on your rethoric man I give you that. Congratulations, maybe you actually manage to bring some retarded kid of this community to fascist movements!

@DerFurst said:
like that vanguard guy who wants to genocide the white race to make room for a multi-ethnic communist utopia as per Marx's instructions? Yea man, they're awful

Oohh yes, that quote from marx that survii posted, trying to convince me that indeed there are inferior races that should be genocided, when he actually missed the point completely and made possible that I turned that shit against you retards?

Lmao, and the hilarious part, is that marx isn't even talking about white people, according to survii, he was talking about Slavs. Can you even be more dishonest? Marx wants to genocide white people to make space for multi-ethnic communist utopia, you forgot the part where the jews are behind it all lol, and how the holocaust isn't even real etc.

Knight 1269 3805
  • 21 Jul '18
 Frise

Person: Hate speech shouldn't be tolerated in this game's Discord, it's bad for the game

Literal Nazi: OH SO YOU WANT TO MURDER ALL WHITE PEOPLE HUH

lolk.jpg

Knight 100 370
  • 21 Jul '18
 McMercy

Now who could possibly be behind this post

1520073866305.jpg

Knight 2262 4076
  • 21 Jul '18
 Runagate

a mathematical symbol?

Duke 2266 4008
  • 22 Jul '18
 Huggles

@Frise said:
Person: Hate speech shouldn't be tolerated in this game's Discord, it's bad for the game

Literal Nazi: OH SO YOU WANT TO MURDER ALL WHITE PEOPLE HUH

lolk.jpg

It starts with being nice to people but then it turns into genocide tbh.

Mercenary 1137 2082
  • 22 Jul '18
 TheKingInTheNorth

The irony of Nazis warning against genocide though.

Count 4205 9816
  • 22 Jul '18
 DerFurst

I've got a wonder if this thread wasn't purposefully created to screw with people by dividing the playerbase again.

• 22 Jul '18
 Nightwalker
Knight 254 682
  • 22 Jul '18
 Iodine

shut the hell you're mouth fuck up

• 22 Jul '18
 Izıl
95 218
  • 23 Jul '18
 ParalyzedTortoise

Holy fuck this thread derailed.

I don't want anyone's speech to be suppressed, but a private domain has the right to remove you for any reason, I'm just asking for the devs/mods to apply their own rules, or for there to be no rules at all if they aren't enforcing them.

I'm not calling anyone a nazi or anything, I just want the discord to be less of a shithole. And people seem to agree.

Count 4205 9816
  • 23 Jul '18
 DerFurst

I don't even use the mordhau discord, but here's my thoughts

Squaky clean version: Anyone acting like a general prick or throwing slurs at people should be moderated. Being a jerk or personally insulting someone for their race is stupid. As for politics, and the politics of race, they go elsewhere. There's plenty of politics based discords out there for people. This is for wider appeal.

Fun version: Personally, I love servers where everyone is okay with insulting each other, talking about politics, and calling people by their slurs. It makes it all very personal, and the ridiculousness makes everything far more enjoyable than a silly enforced niceness. That was Mordhau years ago when it was niche, and it was great.

choose one of the two, because you can't have them both

Knight 593 2005
  • 23 Jul '18
 LuxCandidus

I would choose a moderated environment over one that makes me feel like I am still in high school any day. Such sophomoric behaviour negatively affects the game in two ways:

Firstly, it drives away thousands of potential players who get the impression the community of this online-only game is obnoxious, hostile, and hateful, which hurts sales and the long-term success of the game.

Secondly, it establishes an environment in which the good players are unsportsmanlike, mannerless, egotistical, and completely unwelcoming toward newcomers or anyone they perceive to be less skilled than them. While some might insult others in good fun, insufferable people are bred in such juvenile environments, and they attract genuinely rude people. Chivalry proved exactly this.

Competitive games generate a lot of anger and frustration that manifests as hatred and intolerance between the players. Triternion would be very wise to take precautions and sanitise the community before it has exploded in growth, and ensure players are constantly encouraged to be polite and sportsmanlike.

Duke 2266 4008
  • 23 Jul '18
 Huggles

@DerFurst said:
I don't even use the mordhau discord, but here's my thoughts

Squaky clean version: Anyone acting like a general prick or throwing slurs at people should be moderated. Being a jerk or personally insulting someone for their race is stupid. As for politics, and the politics of race, they go elsewhere. There's plenty of politics based discords out there for people. This is for wider appeal.

Fun version: Personally, I love servers where everyone is okay with insulting each other, talking about politics, and calling people by their slurs. It makes it all very personal, and the ridiculousness makes everything far more enjoyable than a silly enforced niceness. That was Mordhau years ago when it was niche, and it was great.

choose one of the two, because you can't have them both

I was about to agree with you for the first time in the history of the forum until I realized you thought the squeaky clean version was a bad thing and the "fun" version was fun, lmao.

Count 4205 9816
  • 23 Jul '18
 DerFurst

I can't say that I even use the discord, but I think it's toxic for a different reason than "racism." Vanguard is cleverly using this as an excuse to point fingers at political opponents rather than people with genuinely bad attitudes, and this is disingenuous.

I don't go to the discord often is because I see certain individuals develop an almost cult following, to the point where if you try to talk to them about anything it becomes one big dumpster fire where their groupies will jump you and throw never-ending insults rather than argue a point.

The problem here is that you're not going to fix this cult of personality by regulating certain words or strains of thought. You'd have to regulate certain people's attitudes and opinions to make them more civil individuals. You can't possibly do that. Worst of all, the people who do this sort of thing are friends with some of the developers themselves, so they always get lenient treatment.

By all means get rid of political things and slurs. It'll probably help a bit, but don't expect it to fix the problem of certain toxic individuals.

Knight 60 90
  • 23 Jul '18
 Ignorance Brigade

@LuxCandidus said:
I would choose a moderated environment over one that makes me feel like I am still in high school any day. Such sophomoric behaviour negatively affects the game in two ways:

Firstly, it drives away thousands of potential players who get the impression the community of this online-only game is obnoxious, hostile, and hateful, which hurts sales and the long-term success of the game.

Secondly, it establishes an environment in which the good players are unsportsmanlike, mannerless, egotistical, and completely unwelcoming toward newcomers or anyone they perceive to be less skilled than them. While some might insult others in good fun, insufferable people are bred in such juvenile environments, and they attract genuinely rude people. Chivalry proved exactly this.

Competitive games generate a lot of anger and frustration that manifests as hatred and intolerance between the players. Triternion would be very wise to take precautions and sanitise the community before it has exploded in growth, and ensure players are constantly encouraged to be polite and sportsmanlike.

I wish my words managed to come out anything close to as complete and nutshelled of a thought as this